Author Topic: Satanic name  (Read 8247 times)

Kieran Hyde

• View Profile
Satanic name
« on: December 10, 2015, 12:27:32 PM »
So it occurred to me that "founders" of satanic movements tend to adopt a more stereotypical name. I.e., Anton LaVey was originally "Howard Stanton Levey." I don't blame him for changing it either.

Then you have Lucien Greaves, whose original name was Doug Mesner I think? Close enough. Peter Gilmore is an exception to the rule, but I've never really cared for him anyway.

Point being, I really like the idea of having Satanic names because it sort of shows how theatrical the religion can be. It almost feels like a "christening," for lack of a better word. Yeah, they tend to be sort of on-the-nose Satanist names. Honestly kind of reminds me of how Jessica Jones made fun of David Tennant's character for naming himself Kilgrave.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Do you have a "satanic name"? Do you think one is even necessary? I'd like to have one, but I feel like it's something I'd have to think about for a lot longer than I have time for at the moment. That's part of the reason I'm hesitating on getting a membership card. I feel like whatever satanic name I come up with should be engraved on it, and not my birth name.

Southern Satanist

• View Profile
Re: Satanic name
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
Of course. My name is Damien Augustus Blackwood XIII, because they don't just let guys named Frank be Satanists.  ;D

Maybe you can tell I think the whole thing is kind of silly. I can understand it if you're a public "face" of Satanism and want to have some fun with it. If you're gonna perform a public Black Mass while wearing horns and a Dracula cape, then sure, you're gonna need a name that sounds like a gothic horror villain to complete the persona. Or if you're actively trying to hide your involvement in Satanism, so that you need a pseudonym. But other than that, I don't see any value in these kind of names.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:39:55 PM by Southern Satanist »
"I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive."
- Bertrand Russell

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:02:17 PM »
If I got the card I would want my birth (even though not to found of my new one)* name.  I see Alchemist as my user name. Not a satanic name etc. I guess really if I took a more active role I would still just use my reg name.

*I was born Jaydies Adoma Earth Leath my adoted parents changed it to Jason Wayne Wood. I go by Jay
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Zatyr Ashen

• Fire at will, my friends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Sometimes it's just fun to sound like you're the gentleman villain from an 80's cartoon.
A lot of the time I go by Zatyr Ashen.
Question the ends.
Question the means.
Do not go gentle.

Mentalist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
Hey I don't think it's a silly thing to do.
I mean, who wouldn't like to choose their own name?
So what if it's theatrical? I too will think of one. A name that is the expression of what I believe in. Not necessarily a satanic one.
I am unique, just like everyone else.

Ms Nightshade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »

Kieran Hyde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 09:42:56 PM »

Probably the best response I could've gotten to this question, thank you ^^

Achilles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
When was the last time you picked a name for yourself? Choose one you like, it doesn't necessarily have to be related to satanism...a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet!

Bellar_Zo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 08:53:05 PM »
I picked Bellar Zo because. Bellar sounds similar  to Belial, a entity mentioned in the satanic biable but has origions in hebrew mythology. And Zo for ZOZO, ZOZOZOZOZOZOZO, OZO, ZOZ or ZOZOMAMAZAZA, which are supossed Ouija  board curses/demons that are a more recent phenomena. I have mixed a bit of the past with a bit of the present. I find a false name necessary in todays age despite what facebook tells you.
ZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZO

Lilli Sturmreiter

• never knows best
    • View Profile
    • The Rider of Storms - a tumblr blog
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 01:24:58 AM »
When was the last time you picked a name for yourself? Choose one you like, it doesn't necessarily have to be related to satanism...a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet!

as a trans woman I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. choosing a name for yourself can be very rewarding! ;D

I've actually been thinking about a satanic pseudonym for a while now, and seeing as I'm going to be moving to a place where there's a chapter, so I might actually be able to get involved in some activism stuff, now would be a good time to try one on. so, henceforth, while working for the forces for darkness, I shall be working under the name of Lilith Sturmreiter. when I'm chilling with other satanists, though, I'll just simplify that down to Lilli. :D
even if I'm like this, I'm still the butler of death! ~Grell Sutcliff

Achilles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 01:35:51 PM »

as a trans woman I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. choosing a name for yourself can be very rewarding! ;D

I've actually been thinking about a satanic pseudonym for a while now, and seeing as I'm going to be moving to a place where there's a chapter, so I might actually be able to get involved in some activism stuff, now would be a good time to try one on. so, henceforth, while working for the forces for darkness, I shall be working under the name of Lilith Sturmreiter. when I'm chilling with other satanists, though, I'll just simplify that down to Lilli. :D
So let it be written, so let it be done! Welcome Lilli!

Agent

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »
I thought that I would go into the matrix as an agent.  8)

critterkoval

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »
I'm thinking of coming up with my own Satanic name as well. I actually go by "Critter" with friends, family, and even work. My parents named me after their religion. I despise that religion, and thus my name. In college, I toyed with the idea of changing the pronunciation and moving somewhere that no one knew me. (My name is essentially "Christian," but spelled very slightly different to make it look feminine, so a different pronunciation would be doable.) I never moved away from everyone, though, and honestly I'd rather just get rid of the name and start fresh.
What ails us to fear overmeasure,
To praise thee with timorous breath,
O mistress and mother of pleasure,
The one thing as certain as death?

-Algernon Charles Swinburne, "Dolores"

Alex Black

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 09:33:19 PM »
Well, a pseudonym would be useful, anyway. I certainly don't blog under my real name, and I kind of hate my old handle anyway...

I hereby dub myself Lucius Alexander Black. Not that I am a Harry Potter fan (go Slytherin!) or anything...

Hail Voldemort! Er, I mean, hail Satan!

Edit--On second thought, Lucius Black is kind of tacky. I think I'll go with just Alexander Black.
...and maybe write Harry Potter fanfiction that paints Voldemort as an admirable rebel...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:09:29 PM by Midori »

decipleofdarkness

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 10:33:06 PM »
On my facebook page my profile name is Zapar Demon unfortunately when i made the name I wasn't paying attention and put an "a" instead of an "e" for Zepar anyhow the name fits my astrological sign of Gemini (which I found out afterwords) and when I become more experienced I will summon this demon and others in rituals.