I just shot Malcom an email on this but figured why not just post it here? He/anyone doesn't endorse/support this either way yet.
I haven't touched this car in 11 years or could ever sell it for what I'd think it's worth. It's specs are as follows:
- 1977 Ford Pinto
- ~20k miles on body, was originally grey. Red interior is original
- Turbocharged 2.3L inline 4 cylinder out of a Mustang SVO (Turbo Coup Computer, intercooler (i think))
- Ford 9" "holy grail" rear axle out of a Lincoln Versailles (only ford 9" to come with stock rear disc brakes), came from Warhoops (now closed) in about 2004:
- Custom Gauge cluser made by Oakland Technical Center (Royal Oak) campus ~2003-3004 as a student project
- Still has the original C3 transmission limiting it's performance rather heavily
It's in Ferndale rotting not doing anyone any good:
The "highway to heaven" is a family members vehicle. Would someone want to turn the Turbo Pinto into its contrast? Pending cost I could help fund or fund in part? Just tossing this out there for ideas. It should still run/drive, motor not ceased), only has about 20k (yes 20k) miles on it, ford 9" Lincoln Versailles rear axle (4 wheel disc brakes) w/ 4.11 gears. It needs the transmission swapped to a C4 or T5 (I have a C4 with the correct bell housing), and paint. Currently it has the weak C3 so it doesn't do better than 13 on 1/4 mile runs at Milan. With the C4 it can run 9's but I don't want anyone using it for that unless promotional.
Could the TST Detroit chapter use it for publicity for a while? Maybe turn it into a Satan mobile? It'd be amazing to see the cars side by side in a photo. Perhaps ultimately it wouldn't be "just" a chapter/regional car but... just a thought?
This is my project in Chicago (one of two):
- Westcoaster Mailster (old mail delivery vehicle, STREET LEGAL)
- Eventually will be small Vtwin Diesel powered
- Eventually will have a verticle tractor style exhaust with flapper
- Eventually will say "HAIL SATAN" in sloppy letters on the side
- Eventually will tow around a 200-300 lb pig
I'll sneak this in here... I'm thinking welding a pill style dirty looking grill on the side to make it look like while hauling around the pig it's going to a family BBQ.
be sure to help on the wikiproject too:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Satanism