Author Topic: Looking to Start Pensacola/NWFL Chapter  (Read 1275 times)

Aryndam

• View Profile
Looking to Start Pensacola/NWFL Chapter
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
As I stated in reply to NeroNomos in the meet and greet board - looking for folks in NWFL to gather at least unofficially.  I guess to start, lets see how well represented we are in the region?

NeinLives

• View Profile
Re: Looking to Start Pensacola/NWFL Chapter
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »
There's probably a solid foundation of interest in the region. I'm interested.... Any ideas of discussion, or just socialization? Both are good options.

Sebastian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:46:53 PM »
I'd be happy with socializing and community building as I'm always looking to make new friends and build coalitions; however, as I mentioned in another post ...

http://thefriendsofsatan.com/index.php?topic=871.0

There's this cross thing going on, and while I know at least one secularist group has written to the Mayor and announced its intention to take this matter to court, I've not heard of any movement on the issue for months now. So, one idea for local action would be getting involved in the campaign to get the cross removed from this public park.

-NN

Hf333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »
I just moved here. I am definitely down for some discussion and socializing.

DavidAS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »
Let's do it!  We have local government boards holding prayers and turning away minorities.  Elected officials censor invocations at their discretion.  Even the school board prays illegally.  And none have written policies.  A TST appearance (and support for a lawsuit) is needed.

I'm involved with the Bayview Cross thing too.  Though this issue will settled with legal action, a local TST presence would remind people that religious forums in public parks (and meetings) must be open to all - OR NONE. 

I've started a Facebook page - facebook.com/TSTWF - just to connect and take the next step.  Please feel free to join and move the group along.
My personal website is anapplebiter.blogspot.com - about my church/state separation activism.

Sebastian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »
TST West Florida Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TSTWF/

-Sebastian
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:22:02 AM by Sebastian »