Author Topic: New Satanic "Scripture"  (Read 3950 times)

Psy-Q

• View Profile
    • Blog and about page
Re: New Satanic "Scripture"
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 11:55:59 PM »
The idea that it could updated and revised is great! This is something that's sorely missing from most other religions. People tell me "but the bad parts of the bible have been removed!" yet the acidic Leviticus and the whole Old Testament are still there, paving the way for literalists to defend being an asshole.

Other thought: What do you think about reinforcing each essay with some sentences about current scientific evidence backing up what the essay writer has experienced? With quotes from studies on benevolence, the neurological mechanisms of happiness, altruism and the like. There is some movement in this field. Or one could reference things written e.g. in Buddhism since they have a lot of experience and literature in that regard and are also open to science.

shauntedder13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 03:13:12 AM »
I think it should be TST Satanic Scriptures. Exsince its coming from TST Satanic influences. Like the image of the TST baphometic Pentacle and the picture of the statue of baphomet dedicated from the TST. Then so on to more ideals. I'm kinda new and hesitant because I know yall are athiest, because in Mississippi. I only studied and practiced the satanic bible and the satanic rituals by lavey. Because that's all I could find at age fifteen and having to go three to four hour drive to the local main bookstore. But twenty five is when I conducted a largely ranged of satanic literature and other satanic online organizations that made their existence virtual known to others. Plus occult knowledge and ancient sacred text of ancient culture that I have to establish a line between athiest and theistic of my satanic growth and wisdom that I accumulated over the years. But through personal experiences that I've had and seen for self ever since six really became my philosophies.

shauntedder13

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
Also the seven tenets should be included in it.

Lady Lye

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 12:00:04 PM »
My only critique on this is if everyone is writing about what Satanism means to them, could it not potentially get a little repetitive?
Perhaps everyone who is submitting an essay could give a very brief summary of what theirs will focus on, just as MichaelCollingwood has done. It might steer someone away from submitting an essay that is almost identical to someone else's.

I like the thought of submitting one, though I'm super new to all of this, so a September due date may not allow me enough time to experience being a Satanist then write about it. Or maybe I could do one about being new.

DrowElfMorwen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 04:07:21 AM »
I think I know what I am going to write. It is, for me, the importance of focusing on both the future of humanity, and our Earth.

So there is a September deadline? About how long should it be--what word count should we aim for?

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 08:03:48 AM »
By all means, please do contribute! The more authors, the merrier.

I would argue against it.  I have given this lots of thought but in the end I decided against the idea of a new book so loosely organized.  With so many contributing authors and lack of outlines and subject topics I would think the end result wouldn't come across as any coherent train of thought.   
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

sigma

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 12:21:34 AM »
Great initiative! Although I do like the idea of several authors, be sure to keep the number relatively low. Otherwise the whole thing will just be a mess.

Rakem

• Glad to be among friends!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
Looking around, I may be the youngest person on the forum with the ripe young age of 17, and I tend to write at at least a semi-academic level (I've learned to write through the International Baccalaureate Programme), so I believe I can be of some help in providing some insight in the book as to how this religion affects those of us who are younger. Of course, it's different for everyone, so anything I write will state of course that it is purely one interpretation and that everyone needs to find their own. I believe we will also need a chapter that will debunk common myths about the religion, especially for younger people such as myself to use when "coming out" to their friends and family.
I'm fairly certain I'm the youngest person on this forum.

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 12:12:01 AM »
This sounds awesome. I'd love to contribute.
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"