Author Topic: Satanic music  (Read 4587 times)

Erzsébet Ruhig

• View Profile
Re: Satanic music
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 05:54:04 PM »
@DissectionFan

I appreciate the recommendations and will take a listen! I enjoy some metal, mainly of the technical or progressive variety (Death is one of my favorites, for instance) or that has a more melodic style.

I'm really curious whether Ghost is truly satanic; at the show, there were enormous banners depicting a devil, Baphomet, and a woman, which I think represented Lilith, as the stage backdrop. And, being in a packed theater surrounded by others shouting "Hail Satan!" was pretty electrifying.  :)

@Aleister-Crowley

They are so so good.  I can't get enough!
Into the source of wisdom
Beyond the Bible lies
Into the endless depth
Of Satan's eyes

DissectionFan

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 06:24:49 AM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

#1: If I gave a shit about strict LaVeyan satanism, I would be in the CoS and not HERE.

#2: Your "assessment" about what "is and what is not Satanism" has nothing at all to do with the black/death metal scene. This is a thread about satanic music (which, in almost all cases, is death/black metal, like it or not). So I don't see the relevance here.

#3: I've never heard of any death/black metal musician, or fan, who professes to believe in/worship the Christian devil. I know that elitist, snobby, stuck-up, arrogant people like you like to think we're that stupid. I guess the long hair/grungy clothes, moshing at shows, headbanging, etc. makes us LOOK stupid, but contrary to your blinding ignorance about us, this is not the case.

$4: NO ONE in the original black metal scene had any respect for LaVey's Hollywood, commercialized version of "satanism." LaVey was a JEW. So, I think I'll think twice about blindly following his teachings as you seem to have, lol

Aleister-Crowley

• Yes Aleister Crowley is my real name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 08:12:15 PM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

#1: If I gave a shit about strict LaVeyan satanism, I would be in the CoS and not HERE.

#2: Your "assessment" about what "is and what is not Satanism" has nothing at all to do with the black/death metal scene. This is a thread about satanic music (which, in almost all cases, is death/black metal, like it or not). So I don't see the relevance here.

#3: I've never heard of any death/black metal musician, or fan, who professes to believe in/worship the Christian devil. I know that elitist, snobby, stuck-up, arrogant people like you like to think we're that stupid. I guess the long hair/grungy clothes, moshing at shows, headbanging, etc. makes us LOOK stupid, but contrary to your blinding ignorance about us, this is not the case.

$4: NO ONE in the original black metal scene had any respect for LaVey's Hollywood, commercialized version of "satanism." LaVey was a JEW. So, I think I'll think twice about blindly following his teachings as you seem to have, lol

@DissectionFan
#1. Good to know.

#2. You was saying that if someone didn't listen to your crappy style of music that they wasn't a satanist. I don't have to research it my mother and father listen to that shit.

#3  The OP was about Anton's Music. Did you even read the very first post in the thread? But your right just because you look stupid don't mean you are. I for one don't think your stupid. However the way you try and insult people does make you appear very stupid. Makes you look like all you with to do is fight. Rather then converse with people in a civil fashion. I am still waiting for you to answer my question.

#4 Please cite scores. LaVey did invent Satanism. Anything before that was known as Devil worship. Your the one brain washed by music. Yet your telling me not to blindly follow someone? Who cares if he was a jew by birth. Your racism is showing.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:54:50 PM by Aleister-Crowley »
I rather sip from the well of wisdom, then drown in the sea of stupidy.

DissectionFan

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 05:16:37 AM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

You misunderstood. You don't have to like satanic heavy metal to be a satanist, but you should respect its influence, which has been vast; far-reaching; global; and universal. Music after all is the universal language. Think about it. What's a rebellious teenage kid who hates going to church more likely to do? Read "The Satanic Bible," which is an obscure, esoteric, meandering mishmash of LaVey's thoughts mixed with the thoughts of other philosophers, or jam to some Morbid Angel/Bathory/Deicide/Rotting Christ and maybe even go to some shows and meet other people like himself and form some real bonds? One of the problems with Satanic religious organizations such as the Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple is that there are very few and far-between places where members can get together under any sort of meaningful, organized, and structural circumstance. This is where death metal/black metal concerts come in. They provide an even tighter sense of camaraderie that  our "churches" usually cannot.

You're making a logical fallacy to say I'm "brainwashed by music." I listen to music that I enjoy audibly; Satanic or otherwise. The fact that a lot of it has Satanic thematic elements is incidental. I was against Christianity BEFORE I got into this music. You're making it sound like I'm allowing this music to have some sort of power over my own ideology; when in fact I use the music as a vehicle with which to express the ideology that I already have within. I was brainwashed by CHRISTIANITY, and the death metal scene is what cured me of that brainwashing. So you got it backwards.

Are you aware that one of the founding members of The Satanic Temple, who was also the only High Priest (that I'm aware of), Brian Werner, is the vocalist in the blackened death metal band Vital Remains? I would love to hear his response to the argument that this type of music has no meaning or merit when it comes to the spread and influence of Satanism and anti-Christian sentiments in general. I have seen Vital Remains live, and there was literally a profound satanic "energy" during their show that you can not experience in any other way.

Aleister-Crowley

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

You misunderstood. You don't have to like satanic heavy metal to be a satanist, but you should respect its influence, which has been vast; far-reaching; global; and universal. Music after all is the universal language. Think about it. What's a rebellious teenage kid who hates going to church more likely to do? Read "The Satanic Bible," which is an obscure, esoteric, meandering mishmash of LaVey's thoughts mixed with the thoughts of other philosophers, or jam to some Morbid Angel/Bathory/Deicide/Rotting Christ and maybe even go to some shows and meet other people like himself and form some real bonds? One of the problems with Satanic religious organizations such as the Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple is that there are very few and far-between places where members can get together under any sort of meaningful, organized, and structural circumstance. This is where death metal/black metal concerts come in. They provide an even tighter sense of camaraderie that  our "churches" usually cannot.

You're making a logical fallacy to say I'm "brainwashed by music." I listen to music that I enjoy audibly; Satanic or otherwise. The fact that a lot of it has Satanic thematic elements is incidental. I was against Christianity BEFORE I got into this music. You're making it sound like I'm allowing this music to have some sort of power over my own ideology; when in fact I use the music as a vehicle with which to express the ideology that I already have within. I was brainwashed by CHRISTIANITY, and the death metal scene is what cured me of that brainwashing. So you got it backwards.

Are you aware that one of the founding members of The Satanic Temple, who was also the only High Priest (that I'm aware of), Brian Werner, is the vocalist in the blackened death metal band Vital Remains? I would love to hear his response to the argument that this type of music has no meaning or merit when it comes to the spread and influence of Satanism and anti-Christian sentiments in general. I have seen Vital Remains live, and there was literally a profound satanic "energy" during their show that you can not experience in any other way.

NO you said. That if someone didn't listen to your shity music that they weren't a satanist. Brian Werner holds the values of the satanic bible.

Physic vampires comes from the satanic bible.  I think you have it backwards. The Satanic church came out in 1966 the bible was not published till 1969. When did your music come out?

More death metal that use Anton LaVeys Satanic bible:

I don't care what you listen too. Or who you worship. I made my opinion on a band. And you started commenting. C.O.S is a world wide church. I doubt the T.S.T or any other Satanic church would exist today if it wasn't for the C.O.S and LeVay.
**LaVey is thought to be directly responsible for the genesis of Satanism as a serious religious movement.[73] Scholars agree that there is no reliably documented case of Satanic continuity prior to the founding of the Church of Satan.[8] It was the first organized church in modern times to be devoted to the figure of Satan,[5] and according to Faxneld and Petersen, the Church represented "the first public, highly visible, and long-lasting organization which propounded a coherent satanic discourse".[9]
**https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan
And I am guessing you better stop listing to Ghost. They like Aton LaVey.
http://news.churchofsatan.com/post/150816733947/reign-in-hell-an-interview-with-gost-by-reverend

Enjoy life Hail Satan.

DissectionFan

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 12:00:21 AM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

"NO you said. That if someone didn't listen to your shity music that they weren't a satanist."

I literally never said that. It's nowhere to be found in my posts. I guess you want people to think I said it because
you enjoy slandering people. Stop pulling ideas out of your ass.

Physic vampires? I don't even believe in physic vampires. And it literally has nothing to do with this discussion.
Again, stop pulling random ideas that have NOTHING to do with the discussion to support some internal
argument you must be having with yourself. The rest of us have no fucking clue what you are talking about or why.

Are you seriously suggesting the Satanic Bible had any influence on Satanic metal? Black Sabbath was the originator
of heavy metal. They came out the same time as The Satanic Bible. Sabbath was what started the metal scene,
and Sabbath is what sparked the flame of satanic elements that would be found in metal for decades to come.

So there are some death metal bands that like LaVey's teachings. Fantastic. That must make Anton LaVey the
eternal harbinger and spokesman for satanic metal. That is quite possibly one of the most absurd leaps of logic
I have ever heard.

I don't listen to Ghost. Obviously YOU haven't even bothered to read MY posts, after accusing me of not reading
yours. (I did read yours though). But you know what? I'm done. This discourse is over. I am not going to waste any
more of my valuable time arguing with someone who cannot or will not take the time and effort to form rational,
cohesive arguments. Please do not make another inane reply. I will not respond. Goodbye!

Aleister-Crowley

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 02:19:36 AM »
One can tell from you posts you skim their other persons post. You don't read it. If you wouldn't of watched the video's you would of noticed what I was talking about. I wouldn't bother looking though your posts. You deleted the one where you insulted Alchemist. So why bother going though your posts. There is nothing satanic about the band black Sabbath.. Christians even said Elvis was the devils music.

**Explaining that the band members were all raised Christian and adding “We all believe in God,” Butler talked specifically about Sabbath’s “After Forever,” which Blaine points out has been referred to as the first Christian rock song. “A lot of it was because of the situation in Northern Ireland at the time. There were a lot of religious troubles between the Protestants against the Catholics,” Butler explained. “I was brought up strictly Catholic and I guess I was naive in thinking that religion shouldn’t be fought over. I always felt that God and Jesus wanted us to love each other. It was just a bad time in Northern Ireland, setting bombs off in England and such. We all believed in Jesus — and yet people were killing each other over it.”
** http://ultimateclassicrock.com/black-sabbath-satanic/

You really should do your research. But then you forget I was alive during Sabbath's start.

DissectionFan

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

For one, maybe the reason I didn't bother to watch the videos you sent is because I'VE SEEN THEM BEFORE. EVERY ONE. That's right! ***shocking development*** -- I actually DO know what the fuck I'm talking about!

You should have been able to infer that in no way did my statement mean that Black Sabbath WAS or IS a "Satanic band." What I said was that they were the first to introduce DARK ELEMENTS (lyrically, thematically, conceptually, and musically) of a "satanic" nature into mainstream music and succeed.

You can have satanic elements in a song WITHOUT endorsing or promoting a Satanic philosophy. I was well aware of this aspect of Black Sabbath's music from hearing about how Venom ( a more extreme act) talked about Sabbath's lyrical content LONG before you felt the need to "school" me with your research, but thanks anyway! That is what Black Sabbath did, and that is what forged the foundation of heavy metal upon which much darker acts would thrive; acts that CAN AND DO promote Satanic values and ideas. There are many satanic death/black metal bands that have done covers of Black Sabbath songs and pay them homage to this day.

Finally I highly doubt that you were on this planet when Sabbath was emerging. You implied in a previous post that your parents listen to heavy metal. So, 80-something year olds listening to metal? Right. I'm beginning to think you're just a troll. There are better places to troll, btw: try 4chan, reddit or youtube.

Aleister-Crowley

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2016, 07:07:30 PM »
I don't listen to Ghost. Obviously YOU haven't even bothered to read MY posts, after accusing me of not reading
yours. (I did read yours though). But you know what? I'm done. This discourse is over. I am not going to waste any
more of my valuable time arguing with someone who cannot or will not take the time and effort to form rational,
cohesive arguments. Please do not make another inane reply. I will not respond. Goodbye!

Who's the puppet now? Pulled your stings and got you to post again. Wow so easily played.

@Aleister-Crowley:

For one, maybe the reason I didn't bother to watch the videos you sent is because I'VE SEEN THEM BEFORE. EVERY ONE. That's right! ***shocking development*** -- I actually DO know what the fuck I'm talking about!

You should have been able to infer that in no way did my statement mean that Black Sabbath WAS or IS a "Satanic band." What I said was that they were the first to introduce DARK ELEMENTS (lyrically, thematically, conceptually, and musically) of a "satanic" nature into mainstream music and succeed.

You can have satanic elements in a song WITHOUT endorsing or promoting a Satanic philosophy. I was well aware of this aspect of Black Sabbath's music from hearing about how Venom ( a more extreme act) talked about Sabbath's lyrical content LONG before you felt the need to "school" me with your research, but thanks anyway! That is what Black Sabbath did, and that is what forged the foundation of heavy metal upon which much darker acts would thrive; acts that CAN AND DO promote Satanic values and ideas. There are many satanic death/black metal bands that have done covers of Black Sabbath songs and pay them homage to this day.

Finally I highly doubt that you were on this planet when Sabbath was emerging. You implied in a previous post that your parents listen to heavy metal. So, 80-something year olds listening to metal? Right. I'm beginning to think you're just a troll. There are better places to troll, btw: try 4chan, reddit or youtube.

Yes my mother and father listen to metal. I turned them on to it. I love rock and roll. I just don't care for shit you listen to. And that's my opinion hurtful or not.   My mother shock shock even likes your crap you listen too. It's just my opinion that is sucks.. This whole thing started because you got but hurt over peoples opinion.  I simply don't like shit I can't understand. If I have to go out of my way to try to figure out what the person is saying. I don't care to listen to it. I am surprised a person in their 30's likes shit that came out in the 80's. My parents hate all the stuff I listen to but metal. Like Buddy Holly. I remember when he died I was 9.  I am a big fan of 60's, 70's, some 80's not a lot of 90's. However I love music that came out long before my birth. I guess you do too.   Oh well I really think your running up hill on a tread mill. Oh and mathematics is the universal language.  Yet sense you try and act like you know everything. Sure you knew that to.. Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:16:41 PM by Aleister-Crowley »

ClovenMischief

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 10:14:05 PM »
Has anyone just sat back and ate popcorn while watching these guys go back and forth for days because nothing better is really going on around here or is it just me?
I need to do something better with my life apparently. *Goes do that*
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:16:33 PM by ClovenMischief »
I studied all that was most Good and found all that was most Evil.
I studied all that was most Evil and found all that was most Good.

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 11:52:40 PM »
I simply don't like shit I can't understand.
In summary.   :)
Now more than ever.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 01:59:33 AM »
Has anyone just sat back and ate popcorn while watching these guys go back and forth for days because nothing better is really going on around here or is it just me?
I need to do something better with my life apparently. *Goes do that*

Well sadly the  whole thing. I said I didn't like his shity music and he got all ass hurt and jumped my case. Then A.C said didn't like his music. And he jumped his case.  Then he posts that hes no longer replying. Yet does again.  But yeah it's sad that there isn't anything else going on. This use be my fav forum.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

DissectionFan

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 08:12:26 AM »
@ AlchemistAD and Aleister-Crowley:

You both should look into going back to school and getting some kind of education, because your writing makes it sound like you haven't graduated the 6th grade. There are so many spelling/grammatical errors in your posts it almost makes my eyes bleed. Oh, but that's right Alchemist -- you got some "tragic brain injury" from your "brave service" in the military, right? LOL. You are so full of ****. Just admit that you have the IQ of an orangutan; I'd have a lot more respect for you.

Oh, and the same goes for you too Crowley. There are so many contradictions in the logic, sentence structure, and overall character of your messages you come across like a split-personality, schizophrenic, brain-dead zombie. I don't know why I've engaged either of you in any kind of conversation because your low intelligence is not worthy of my time and effort. But I'm sure even this very insulting message will illicit yet another mind-numbing, dull, and totally banal response devoid of any significant meaning or critical thinking skills. LOL.

I did have the  unfortunate task of replying to you because I can't stand the thought that anyone else on these forums would read the idiocy that you've posted believing it to have any validity or to indicate even a single coherent thought of sound mind. But, assuming the rest of the membership here is cut of a higher intellectual cloth (and I assume this to be the case almost universally) I believe that I've already accomplished that, and any further communication to either of you would be quite redundant.

Ignorance can be like cancer; if not corrected by the right tools, it can spread far and wide in a short period of time. You guys are essentially the intellectual equivalent to cancer on these forums. Do everyone a favor and just shut up and go away.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »

You both should look into going back to school and getting some kind of education, because your writing makes it sound like you haven't graduated the 6th grade. There are so many spelling/grammatical errors in your posts it almost makes my eyes bleed. Oh, but that's right Alchemist -- you got some "tragic brain injury" from your "brave service" in the military, right? LOL. You are so full of ****. Just admit that you have the IQ of an orangutan; I'd have a lot more respect for you.

Oh, and the same goes for you too Crowley. There are so many contradictions in the logic, sentence structure, and overall character of your messages you come across like a split-personality, schizophrenic, brain-dead zombie. I don't know why I've engaged either of you in any kind of conversation because your low intelligence is not worthy of my time and effort. But I'm sure even this very insulting message will illicit yet another mind-numbing, dull, and totally banal response devoid of any significant meaning or critical thinking skills. LOL.

I did have the  unfortunate task of replying to you because I can't stand the thought that anyone else on these forums would read the idiocy that you've posted believing it to have any validity or to indicate even a single coherent thought of sound mind. But, assuming the rest of the membership here is cut of a higher intellectual cloth (and I assume this to be the case almost universally) I believe that I've already accomplished that, and any further communication to either of you would be quite redundant.

Ignorance can be like cancer; if not corrected by the right tools, it can spread far and wide in a short period of time. You guys are essentially the intellectual equivalent to cancer on these forums. Do everyone a favor and just shut up and go away.

I think the only thing you have done, is shown everyone your an asshole.One big fucking trolling asshole. That's all. Nothing more. I am sure that I am not the only one who feels this way. Maybe one day you will grow up. Yet I highly doubt it. If you don't like my posts noone is pointing a gun to your head making you read them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:34:36 AM by Alchemist16AD »
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Aleister-Crowley

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »

Yawn....