Author Topic: Satanic music  (Read 4588 times)

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
Re: Satanic music
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 12:41:43 AM »
Lustmord.

Absolutely!! that and most artists from the Dark Ambient genera.  I strongly suggest all artists from the Cyclic Law catalog.
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

Molok13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 11:48:53 PM »
I like this band.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:59:58 PM by Molok13 »
"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it."

Skar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 01:41:06 AM »
Behemoth, old man's child, and satyricon  are great

Ortrud

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 07:47:41 AM »
I have many favourites that are usually considered as Satanic.

Darkthrone, Immortal, old Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Emperor are among my eternal favourites.

But, many heavy metal formations that are completely innocent has gotten the "Satanic" stamp - though I cannot discover anything Satanic in the good old hard rock music (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple), I do like it.

Even "better": I have heard certain people being convinced that even the great Johann Sebastian Bach (who was, in fact, deeply religious) was possessed by Satan! He is one of my fave composers, and I really don't care about religion.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »
I have many favourites that are usually considered as Satanic.

Darkthrone, Immortal, old Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Emperor are among my eternal favourites.

But, many heavy metal formations that are completely innocent has gotten the "Satanic" stamp - though I cannot discover anything Satanic in the good old hard rock music (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple), I do like it.

Even "better": I have heard certain people being convinced that even the great Johann Sebastian Bach (who was, in fact, deeply religious) was possessed by Satan! He is one of my fave composers, and I really don't care about religion.

Religion plays no part on what I like.  I guess one could play smart ass. And say sense I am a satanist everything I like is satanic. lol That is a joke by the way.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Ortrud

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 06:02:57 AM »

Religion plays no part on what I like.  I guess one could play smart ass. And say sense I am a satanist everything I like is satanic. lol That is a joke by the way.

Same here, I have never picked my favourites based on religion or anti-religion, so it is funny to see what connotations they have.

Yeah, what else could one expect from a devout satanist than liking satanic things?  ;D

Lowpassfilter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
It's amusing that things like music, literature, and visual art can be used as an expression of satanism in one way or another, but other kinds of art can't, or at least they aren't. No one's doing satanic floristry, or satanic landscape gardening, or opening up a satanic restaurant. Imagine that: 'Hell-roasted loin of lamb, transgressive cauliflower compote, and seasonal herbs sinfully harvested from the garden of earthly delights, with an evil sauce.' Although I suppose you could have satanic origami if you made little paper devils. And my mum does quilting, but she won't make me a Baphomet blanket :(

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »
I am sure everyone has heard this group: I was told if you satanic you must listen to it. I really don't like it. Just not my type of music.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

DissectionFan

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 10:16:31 PM »
Thanks for posting this. Bands like Deicide have  done more to draw people away from the Christian church than the CoS and TST combined! What a classic! 666 thumbs up! Hail Deicide!

Aleister-Crowley

• Yes Aleister Crowley is my real name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 03:20:41 AM »
Thanks for posting this. Bands like Deicide have  done more to draw people away from the Christian church than the CoS and TST combined! What a classic! 666 thumbs up! Hail Deicide!

Would, you please explain how? Sounds like someone who is gargling mouth wash, while trying to sing. To say it sounds like some howler monkey, would be an insult to howler monkey's.  I would, have to agree with Alchemist on this so called group, of brain dead half wits.
I rather sip from the well of wisdom, then drown in the sea of stupidy.

DissectionFan

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

Your advanced age partly explains your inability to appreciate newer forms of music, but it definitely doesn't explain the immaturity with which you chose to voice your dissent. The fact that you could be so close-minded as to dismiss a musical group (and entire genre) outright as being hugely influential just because they don't align with your personal musical taste is about as bigoted as it gets. I don't even know how someone with such a bigoted attitude could begin to call them-self a Satanist; therefore, I can't begin to recognize you as one. To me, people like you are no different than the Bible-thumpers -- "like and believe exactly what I like and what I say, or you are wrong." You sound like a bitter, angry (and probably dirty) old man with high blood pressure. You should leave Satanism behind and find a fundamentalist, right-wing nutcase Christian church to join full of the same kind of bitter, angry, old-fashioned old men as you are. I think you would feel much more at home.

Before you do so however, which I suggest you look into soon, you should actually do some RESEARCH on what you're criticizing (the extreme metal scene; particularly the black metal and death metal scenes) before making such asinine and immature comments.

Erzsébet Ruhig

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »
It's amusing that things like music, literature, and visual art can be used as an expression of satanism in one way or another, but other kinds of art can't, or at least they aren't. No one's doing satanic floristry, or satanic landscape gardening, or opening up a satanic restaurant. Imagine that: 'Hell-roasted loin of lamb, transgressive cauliflower compote, and seasonal herbs sinfully harvested from the garden of earthly delights, with an evil sauce.' Although I suppose you could have satanic origami if you made little paper devils. And my mum does quilting, but she won't make me a Baphomet blanket :(

There is a food truck and catering service in Portland, Oregon, that *sort of* looks satanic. Behold, Snackrilege: http://snackrilege.com/

Okay, so I don't know if they're actually satanists running it, but at least the imagery and puns are satan-friendly!

---

I know someone mentioned the band Ghost already, but I just have to share my complete obsession with them right now. All three of their albums are on heavy rotation for me and I recently had the privilege of seeing them live in concert, and it was one of the best shows I've been to, ever. I was buzzing from it for days after.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:54:41 PM by JenniferElizabeth »
Into the source of wisdom
Beyond the Bible lies
Into the endless depth
Of Satan's eyes

DissectionFan

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 08:26:48 PM »
@JenniferElizabeth:

I know about Ghost (in fact, name an underground metal band on the dark/occultist side and I've most likely heard of it). From what little I know their message and presentation seem like they MAY be legitimately Satanic, which is a good thing because it allows a musical avenue by which those who may be turned off by the typically abrasive, harsh sounds of black/death metal can get into Satanism. I would probably have never gotten into Satanism had it not been for Morbid Angel and Deicide. If you like Ghost, you should check out Rotting Christ's new album "Rituals" -- it's technically black metal, but it's not at all harsh and abrasive to the ear. It's very atmospheric and enchanting. I saw them live and I imagine the experience was similar to yours with Ghost. You may even like Morbid Angel's new record (a lot of "hardcore" fans hated it because it wasn't as "extreme" as their previous work, but that may be why you end up liking it ;)   )

Some cool trivia: the singer of Ghost is not the only "black pope"...there's another one who's the vocalist in a band called "Portal"--I don't know if they're Satanic but they are as dark and disturbing as it gets {{oh, and he's a much scarier black pope lol)

Aleister-Crowley

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »
@Aleister-Crowley:

Your advanced age partly explains your inability to appreciate newer forms of music, but it definitely doesn't explain the immaturity with which you chose to voice your dissent. The fact that you could be so close-minded as to dismiss a musical group (and entire genre) outright as being hugely influential just because they don't align with your personal musical taste is about as bigoted as it gets. I don't even know how someone with such a bigoted attitude could begin to call them-self a Satanist; therefore, I can't begin to recognize you as one. To me, people like you are no different than the Bible-thumpers -- "like and believe exactly what I like and what I say, or you are wrong." You sound like a bitter, angry (and probably dirty) old man with high blood pressure. You should leave Satanism behind and find a fundamentalist, right-wing nutcase Christian church to join full of the same kind of bitter, angry, old-fashioned old men as you are. I think you would feel much more at home.

Before you do so however, which I suggest you look into soon, you should actually do some RESEARCH on what you're criticizing (the extreme metal scene; particularly the black metal and death metal scenes) before making such asinine and immature comments.

Judging by your post, I don't think you have a clue what a satanist is.  Thank you for your invalid opinion of me. Have a nice day.

Satanism is often mistaken as being a religion that encourages cruelty and irresponsible behaviour, but LaVey's brand is very different. There is a libertarian element; diversity is encouraged, everyone is expected to discover their own sexuality, chart their own personality, and decide their own ambitions in life. In this stress on individuality, Satanism is considered a "Left-Hand Path" religion.

The LaVeyan Satanist does not generally believe in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic idea of God; the function of God is performed and satisfied by the Satanist him/herself. That is, the needs of worship, ritual, and religious/spiritual focus are directed, effectively, inwards towards the Satanist, as opposed to outwards, towards God. A LaVeyan Satanist is likely to differ from other types of Satanist in this respect; in LaVey's philosophy, God is rarely mentioned, and never discussed directly. A LaVeyan Satanist is less likely to hold a belief in God than a Satanist who sees Satan as a rival to God.

Satan is not a real, living entity, conscious or a physical thing that can be interacted with. It is a symbol, something ethereal, something that basically doesn't exist except as an emotional attachment and personal dream. Just like Buddhists do not worship Buddha, Satanists hold up Satan as an ultimate principal rather than an object of literal worship. Satan inspires and provokes people, like all (honest) religions the ultimate point is self-help. God believers have a different opinion on what Satan is, but their opinion is a result of their religion. Satanism's Satan is much more eclectic and multicultural than to be defined by Christianity or Islam.

Satanism inspires. The word and title of Satanism is part of that. All Satanists' have personal reasons which are multiple and varied; Satanism thrives on individualism, personal reflection and non conformity. Everyone has their reasons. The concept of Satan is not the property of Christianity - modern monotheistic religions generally use the term Satan to describe their anti-God, but these concepts evolved from older pagan polytheistic concepts. Christianity overuses the term, but we do not accept their definition of Satan. The word Satan is not property of any Church! Least of all foreign ones! And therefore a Satanist is someone who follows this route - the opposition. Like the Shadow Government we do not endorse the status quo unless we can justify it for ourselves. The word Satan became to mean opposition to the Church, to the Holy Church, not through our own actions but through the actions of those who wished to rule over us in the name of a fictitious God. Linguistically we have always been Satanists. It is incredibly useful to us that the dumb, bigoted and ignorant will presume that a Satanist is an immature person who sneaks around graveyards at night time because it allows us to immediately filter out a whole set of people who are not ready (and may never be) to perceive us. Finally: It sounds good. It allows the rebel to rebel, and yet remain logical and factual. It allows those who become dissatisfied with their faith to defect and revel in truth rather than descend into petty faith crime, or self deluded "sin". It is a net to catch the elite who see past what they were presented with. There is no standard for what a Satanist is supposed to be like; the only requirement to be a Satanist is to live like one. This is a very open-minded and diverse religion and not all satanists follow what has been said here. The encouragement of diversity and individuality is what makes this such a fine religion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:14:50 AM by Aleister-Crowley »

Aleister-Crowley

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 12:19:42 AM »
I know someone mentioned the band Ghost already, but I just have to share my complete obsession with them right now. All three of their albums are on heavy rotation for me and I recently had the privilege of seeing them live in concert, and it was one of the best shows I've been to, ever. I was buzzing from it for days after.

I love Ghost. I normally sleep to them.