Author Topic: Dallas/Ft-Worth/Denton  (Read 2661 times)

zk0021

Dallas/Ft-Worth/Denton
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »
Hey everyone,

I was interested to see if there is anyone on here that lives in the DFW area? To me, one of the main attractions of Satanism over being just a regular Atheist is the sense of community, so it would be cool to meet some people that live in the general area. Also, I figure Dallas would be an amazing place for a chapter of TST because the people here are wound so tightly. My wife and I are not the same race (I'm white and she's black) and we get blatant staring/rude behavior on a regular basis so I can imagine how the people here would react to TST. Anyway, if anyone lives in the general area feel free to shoot me a msg or reply on here. Thanks!

Allister Fiend

• View Profile
Re: Dallas/Ft-Worth/Denton
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:02:50 PM »
Hey Hey!  I just joined the site and forum.  I am in the DFW area as well.  I guess we are definitely a minority.  I hear you on people being wound up tightly, but hey, it's Texas, right?!   

TboneNT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 12:29:39 AM »
Hello! I'm In the Denton area. Would be interested to meet some people

The Great Leviathan

• I Am Colossus
    • View Profile
    • www.facbook.com/TheRealWhiteThunder
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 01:54:25 AM »
Hello, everyone. I live in the Dallas area more specifically in Mesquite. I used to live in Denton as well. Im always down to meet new people. I've been a Satanist for quite sometime, I'm well versed in Christian Mythology  ::) . I grew up Baptist and went to a private christian school from 3rd grade to 7th grade. So i'm well suited to combat the Christian ideology. I'll also be 23 in May. Like i said feel free to reach out lets give birth to the Dallas,Texas Chapter.

Ha Satanis
I am pain. I am grief. I'm the things you fear
I'm the lie whispered into your ear
I'm the great Leviathan. I'm dominance and greed
You imagined me, so I was conceived
I am life. I'm death. You belong to me
Call me what I am. I am colossus

Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:52:03 PM »
A roll call of fellow Satanists in the Dallas area would help give us an idea of how many people on this forum are Dallasites. I don't know the procedure for starting a chapter, but I thought it odd that Dallas doesn't have one yet -- especially considering its size and diverse population.

TheAccuser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »
Hello,
I also love in the DFW area, more specifically in Rowlett. I grew up a non-practicing Christian and during my military endeavors I joined a church and tried to be a believer. In the end however I found myself leaving the church and decided to research on other philosophies. This ultimately lead me to Satanism and Buddhism, which I felt Satanism was a more fitting philosophy. I never called myself a Satanist due to my military background, and spent the last couple years resorting to the non-religious term. I would like to meet up with like minded people and share thoughts and ideas, which will hopefully help me become better accustomed to the environment.

Rakem

• Glad to be among friends!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 02:58:43 PM »
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and don't live in the DFW area right now, but depending on which college I select I'll soon be ending up either there (at Southern Methodist University) or in Austin at UT.
I'm fairly certain I'm the youngest person on this forum.

Rakem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 06:40:19 AM »
So it's official! I'll be moving into the DFW area this summer! Can't wait to meet you all.

Samuel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »
I'm a full custody single father in a small town a couple of hours south of Dallas. I plan on getting my kid out of this awful area and moving to a city in the next few years. I can transfer with my company to another location, and am considering DFW, San Antonio and Austin. While I hope to see a chapter open in the DFW area, I'd mostly like feedback from fellow TST members about living in these three cities. It will go a long way in helping me decide where to continue raising my child. 

Nepathia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »
Hey! I'm near Dallas and would love a chapter near here

Rakem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 07:25:01 AM »
Been a while since I stopped by the forums, but it's good to see interest in a DFW chapter. I know they're currently modifying the chapter application process to make it more official, so I was considering putting in an application the moment it became available again. Thoughts?

Ahto

• In my infinite ambivalence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »
Wow, so many satanists near me! I'm just north of DFW and it'd be really cool to have a chapter nearby. If not, I'd also just like to meet all of you guys sometime.

devindesu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
Wow, so many satanists near me! I'm just north of DFW and it'd be really cool to have a chapter nearby. If not, I'd also just like to meet all of you guys sometime.

Hey Ahto, for now, the Austin chapter has members and applicants from both Houston and Dallas. The best way to find and connect with other people in Dallas and perhaps gain the critical mass needed to start a Dallas chapter would be to apply to the Austin chapter for now.

A Thousand Lucifers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
Count me in! The Big D needs some Satan to counteract the influence of all those megachurches!

Just a thought....if we are not yet ready for a chapter, would it be worth looking into a meetup group?

I have submitted my application for the Austin temple and hope to affiliate with them. Due to recent life events (namely, a divorce), I have more time to get involved with the Satanic community and would really like to do so. Would be great if we could plant the seeds for a TST presence here in Dallas.
"But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first free-thinker and emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge." -Bakunin

Bunny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »
I'm also in DFW!
I would like to start a social group meetup if we can that can evolve into a group that does more active satanic protest and law-changing work here in DFW. We need it now more than ever!
My personal passion is women's reproductive rights. I think we should take a stand and help make things better!
Some people are like Slinkies; They aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.