Author Topic: Satan need more followers  (Read 1489 times)

satans friend

• View Profile
Satan need more followers
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
We all must try to bring in new members to serve Satan and enjoy the benefits of satanism.

samowens84

• View Profile
Re: Satan need more followers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »
We all must try to bring in new members to serve Satan and enjoy the benefits of satanism.

I don't know you, and can't necessarily speak to your motives, but you seem to be confusing satanism with some kind of in versed sect of christianity. Unlike christianity, I don't seek to herd a bunch of sheep into the folds of satanism. Much proselytizing is a manipulative violation of personal autonomy, and  the people who would fall prey to it wouldn't belong in satanism anyway.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 03:34:05 PM »

I don't think many (if any) members worship satan or believe he exists.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Brego

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
That... that's not how we work. Also, there's no Satan, so it would be hard to do it even if it was how we worked.

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 05:05:06 AM »
Is it possible the OP was being metaphorical?

Although "serving" is not in line with TST, I do agree there should be outreach.
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

blackrosefencer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
Is it possible the OP was being metaphorical?

Although "serving" is not in line with TST, I do agree there should be outreach.

I was wondering if OP were just trolling......I've seen these posts in other threads. This person was corrected several times in at least one other thread and has yet to respond to any interaction.

It doesn't really sound like outreach is what OP is proposing.......it sounded to me to be more like converting.... I, frankly, don't convert. I'm not sure how others feel about this topic, but, for me, I don't think it accomplishes anything. And it seems to go against what we stand for. I mean, we accuse xianity of brainwashing their followers and we encourage free thinking. How could we then, more or less, brainwash others for our belief system? Doesn't make sense.

What kinds of outreach are you thinking we should be doing more of, Lilith? Or is that off topic....

satans friend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
From what i read so far some say they don't believe in Satan and we should not brain wash people to join satanism and some  intellectual analysis of what i said.  From my looking at various groups theistic followers have the largest membership=without members many of the groups i checked on fell apart. Just my opinion 

SatanicSwine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »
Interesting topic, which raises a good question, and that is, should satanists do any type of proselytizing. My initial reaction is, no. I despise people coming to my door on Saturday mornings trying to sell me a religion, and I'm certainly not about to do that to others. I understand why many Christians feel the need to spread the "good news" because they genuinely feel that they're saving souls from damnation.

Further, I live in a very conservative, Christian community, and it would not be good for me to come out as an atheist, or even worse, a satanist. I tend to think that satanists can effect more change by working quietly behind the scenes, so to speak. If one feels the need to 'dress the part' and proclaim satanism from the rooftops, that's fine, I'm not so sure that would work for the majority of people who adopt this philosophy.

Would love to hear others' thoughts.