Author Topic: I had to ask... any Marilyn Manson fans out there?  (Read 4426 times)

xenubarb

• (aka B.L. Zebarb)
    • View Profile
Re: I had to ask... any Marilyn Manson fans out there?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »
Grew up on Blue Oyster Cult and Black Sabbath.

I did like Manson in Sons of Anarchy. He's a big guy, and plays scary real good.

shauntedder13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 09:36:32 PM »
Nope. I saw it when I was looking through some satanic organizations reading list from the brother hood of Satan. That's how I accumulate my knowledge by going through each satanic organizations reading list and download and read when I can. And put some on my wish list on google play. I hadn't read it yet.

samowens84

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
Nope. I saw it when I was looking through some satanic organizations reading list from the brother hood of Satan. That's how I accumulate my knowledge by going through each satanic organizations reading list and download and read when I can. And put some on my wish list on google play. I hadn't read it yet.
Well you do know that Marilyn Manson is a stage name, right? He took it from Marilyn Monroe, and you guessed it, Charles Manson. It was a commentary on celebrity cult and violence. His real name is Brian Warner. There is absolutely no blood relation between him and Charles Manson.

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »
Oh, Manson. They/he will always have a warm place in my heart.
I'm not fond of their new music (Mechanical Animals was their last great album for me) and I think the man himself has turned into a bit of an idiot. Too much drugs and alcohol perhaps. He used to sound so smart in interviews back in the day, but now it's just stupid rambling in interviews.
Manson (and to a slightly lesser extent, Nine Inch Nails) helped me in my teenage years to realize it was okay to question the beliefs I had grown up on and was having doubts about. Definitely gave me support in my becoming and being an atheist. And maybe it was youthful naivety, but back then Manson seemed legitimately powerful. It really seemed like maybe they and us together really could change the world and end Christianity's stranglehold on America. Which in a more grounded and realistic way, that's probably why I was drawn to TST.

shauntedder13

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 02:48:38 AM »
Thanks for the information I wasn't aware of it. I'm more into black Sabbath, Ozzie osbourn, white zombie and rob zombie fans. Never could get the grips of marylin Manson music. And I only knew Charles Manson by the media name they gave him that he went by. Well I thought I share what I thought I knew out of curiosity. But its true that he written a book on a long hard road out of hell though.

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 05:09:55 AM »
Doubtful all of that book was factual.

shauntedder13

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 09:19:01 AM »
Was it a good read, because I've tried looking it up on the website to see if I can find information on it. But couldn't.

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »
I enjoyed it when I got it, there's some entertaining stuff in there. It's a fun biography, not a history book. Exaggerations and fabrications are to be expected so don't take it too seriously.

shauntedder13

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »
Okay thanks. I'll check it out later. I have it on my wish list for later.

SpyderWebb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 04:11:15 PM »
Love all his music, except Eat me, Drink me....
His newest album, "The Pale Emperor" to me, was amazing.

MalusExMachina

• Coming soon in a gutter like you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 02:29:39 AM »
I have a perspective on Manson that few share, I think. I'm not only a fan, but I also hail from good old Canton, Ohio. I also attended, for 12 years, his alma mater, Heritage Christian School. I knew people he mentioned in his book, "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell," personally.

For a bit of background, I grew up as a religious zealot. I didn't just get exposed to indoctrination, I drank it in. I trusted my parents and teachers, who would every once in a while speak in hushed tones about Brian Warner. There was even a rumor that he had visited our chapel services several times incognito, and just sat in the back of our large auditorium to observe. He may have even heard me ardently leading my fellow students in worship songs on any number of occasions.

I discovered his music as I entered college, around the time that I had studied the bible to the point that its credibility, or lack there of, was utterly undermined in my eyes. I studied logic and philosophy, which also poked holes in the thin fabric of certainty that had always covered me. I began to see Manson as an heroic figure, asking the very important questions that Christians should have been voicing.

When I renounced Christ and all the magical thinking that religion espouses, his music really helped me deal with the deep anger that I felt. I was angry at my family and my teachers for their lies, and for their continued state of what I saw as willing ignorance of their own faith and the world around them. I was most angry with myself though, for not waking up sooner and standing up for myself and the others that I saw being victimized in many ways by religious leaders and their beliefs.

Little did I know that when I first heard about this bisexual satanic rock star, that I would grow up to be almost exactly the same, sans the fame and fortune, obviously.  ;)

I hope one day to talk briefly with him, and let him know how important is work has been and continues to be in my life. 
Nullius in verba

"'The Law of God?' Look at it, it's a pack of lies from the lying pens of scribes." - Jeremiah 8:8

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »
I feel ya. Similar story but I don't remember being super deep into religion despite growing up Catholic and having a brief period of time where I was obsessed with praying and collecting rosaries. But I've changed so much since then maybe I'm incapable of remembering what it felt like back then. I miss the old, intelligent button pushing Manson. Nowadays he sounds like an idiot, collecting nazi gear and agreeing with terrorists and the pope.

The Yattering

• Everything is bent, vyeiernght. - The Yattering
    • View Profile
    • www.thesatanictemple.com
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
Dude is a genius.  Really, he exhibits many traits.  He seriously needs to take some tests and show the world in a scientific way.  I love most of the music, love the interviews, his book was great, just a fucking genius.  Manson for president!
Everything is bent, vyeiernght.  - The Yattering

DrowElfMorwen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 07:04:41 PM »
MANSOONNNNNNN <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I have six of his logos as tattoos, the latest being his MMXV one, I simply LOVE it. I will love Manson forever. The man is a genius. And I enjoy his new music too, not just his old stuff. I saw him earlier this year, or at the end of last year, when he came to Japan, and he's coming again in November for Knotfest... I bought tickets so fast LOL.  YESSS just love him all the way... although yea I wish he would be tackling issues like he used to, maybe he figures he's too old to be doing that, I don't know :p

I also have those 4 dolls made by Fewture, they are my treasure :D  I don't know what my favorite album is, but I do love them all, especially Golden Age and Antichrist Superstar... except, well, High End of Low, but I do like a couple songs on there.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:07:14 PM by DrowElfMorwen »

Child of Lilith

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 01:40:06 AM »
I'm a huge Marilyn Manson fan, Holywood will always be my favorite album. Plus, he seems like a really great guy. I also really love the messages behind his songs.