Author Topic: (Proposal) "Eat the Apple" Campaign  (Read 2524 times)

DraconicZoD

(Proposal) "Eat the Apple" Campaign
« on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
This is just a basic idea I had. Please, Take it and run with it.

DraconicZoD

Re: (Proposal) "Eat the Apple" Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 02:56:48 PM »
Just don't use any Mac logos or anything   ;) ;D ;) ;D

Luci Dawn

• Global Moderator
  • TST - St. Louis
    • View Profile
    • Pride of Dawn
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »
I don't understand. Could you elaborate?
"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -- George Bernard Shaw

DraconicZoD

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »
Well, I suppose it could be one of any number of things.

A glorification of eating the apple from the tree of knowledge.

Showing, through satire, the spooky language surrounding just one event in many people's beliefs that has to do with gaining knowledge.

Correlating the serpent with satan and temptation is easy. What about correlating a person who is giving knowledge that doesn't correspond with religious doctrine? Bring awareness through similarity.

I know it's not much to go on, but that's really why I'm throwing it out there. Maybe some better ideas will pop up.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:49:44 PM by DraconicZoD »

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:51:18 AM »
I would love an "Eat the Apple" t-shirt with Eve and the snake.
Perhaps on the back could be "Resist Authority" or "Defy Authority"
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

DraconicZoD

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
That's a cool thought. Wish I could draw right about now. I'll fiddle with photoshop and see what I can get

xenubarb

• (aka B.L. Zebarb)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »

ghost

• View Profile
    • The Abyssal Collective
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 04:51:26 PM »
I love the idea, and I've used the comparison during a debate with a Christian before. It sounds less like something that would work for a specific campaign and more an espousal of our general belief system. But having a tshirt with the apple being the theme would make me super happy.  ;D
The gods of the old world become the devils of the new.

Karenart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 06:25:14 PM »
This is just a basic idea I had. Please, Take it and run with it.

I love your idea!  The first time I heard the story of Adam and Eve somewhat fleshed out I was surprised to find out that the fruit represented knowledge.  I was like, what the hell?  Leave it to religion to try and sell the point that knowledge is bad.  Instead of seeing Eve as a woman who caused the down fall of Adam and all human kind, I  thought Eve should represent a hero to mankind!  She was the first to have knowledge and then she shared her knowledge with Adam.  I know its is all mythology but I got a completely different moral from it.
"....And it's the same the whole world 'round
The hurt I see helps to compound
The Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if you're up there you'll perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in  -
It's you, Dear God"
- XTC, Dear God

Moonlight

• View Profile
    • Suspense Band
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
Old Masters don't have copyright protection, do they?
Because I found this:

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/eve-offering-the-apple-to-adam-in-the-garden-of-eden-and-the-serpent-cranach.jpg

This image would also be nice with a tag "Got knowledge?"

Lucidfer

• Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 04:59:15 PM »
I would love an "Eat the Apple" t-shirt with Eve and the snake.
Perhaps on the back could be "Resist Authority" or "Defy Authority"

Second.

The slogan "Eat the Apple" is a great slogan for the glorification of knowledge and rejection of mythology. It really sums that whole thought process up nicely.

Edit: I'm kind of drunk so here's a bad shop.

Also, what about a campaign where we hand out apples to promote the idea? Either way I hope something comes of this. It says a lot for so few words and that to me is the making of a great slogan.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:15:37 PM by Lucidfer »
I'm an anti-establishment, anti-feminist, anti-conservative/right, and anti-regressive/left satanist that believes only bad and stupid ideas want to be shielded from criticism.

Jingo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 07:01:06 PM »
mind if I use it as a song title?

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »
  I love this idea... it promotes "core" values!
Joyfully, Non Serviam

buckeyesatanist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »
Also, what about a campaign where we hand out apples to promote the idea? Either way I hope something comes of this. It says a lot for so few words and that to me is the making of a great slogan.

If non-satanists get shit for handing out apples at halloween (hidden razor legend), understand now that we are behind the 8 ball. Not that this is a reason to NOT do it, just feel like I ought to point this out for the sake of discussion.

I think an "Eat the Apple" campaign would work amazingly as a social media challenge campaign.

Example script to establish the challenge:

"Within the holy text of one of the world's largest religions, there exists a mythos that puts the apple (or pomegranate, not that it matters to the story) at the heart of morality's origin. Adam and Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and were promptly punished for obtaining their own moral compass. The various holy texts of the world, were written by men of a moral code that existed thousands of years ago. In those thousands of years since, we have moved beyond those proclamations that our moral compass finds to be immoral, Commandments to taking up slaves, by codifying the protection against several of those immoral rules through a secular governance of our nation. Even you who are christian, muslim, etc that may take the good parts of the holy texts can band together to protect those who are harmed by strict/fundamentalist religiousness. People of all faiths and no faith, together, to tell the rest of the world that we will make the world a better place for all by acknowledging our independent moral compass, protecting those of differing religious beliefs and those without religious beliefs. Today, I challenge you to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and take a bite of the apple and proclaim, aloud, "I use my OWN moral compass". Challenge 6 people you know to do the same and post on their social media platform of choice, or donate $100 to the [Insert Beneficiary Here].

First draft of an of the top of my head idea, what do you think?