Author Topic: UK Chapter - how to add to the list?  (Read 2487 times)

kolberey

• View Profile
UK Chapter - how to add to the list?
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:52:15 PM »
Greetings

I see there is some interest in starting a UK Chapter. It may work better if we can have a UK Chapter on the Chapter list.

How do we get a Chapter listing?

Regards
EYK

RagnarSantorum

• Doctor of Illosophy
  • Administrator
  • Ally of TST Maine
    • View Profile
Re: UK Chapter - how to add to the list?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:22:44 AM »
If you are interested in starting a chapter, and willing to take on the responsibility, you can apply here: http://thesatanictemple.com/start-a-chapter/
Sometimes I wonder if I go too far, and then I wonder if I don't go too far enough.

illuminatiprimus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:23:47 AM »
I'm going through this process now - did you start already Kolberry? If so maybe we can coordinate? Or do so anyway?  :)

Dragonesk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »
I have already raised a question about the specific wording surrounding a 'UK' Chapter here; http://thefriendsofsatan.com/index.php?topic=247.msg3756#msg3756

Please way in

DarkRebel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:30:39 AM »
I live in the UK, and I am happy to support this chapter if it is created.

illuminatiprimus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 08:58:09 AM »
Hi Dark Rebel  :D I think it's just a matter of time. Myself and Zeke Abadon are both in London and are planning to meet up in a couple of weeks to talk about this, and once the summer is over we have every intention of applying for a chapter to be set up.

DarkRebel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 11:46:44 AM »
Thanks for your reply Illuminatiprimus.  I live near London.  There are at least three issues I reckon the English Chapter could look at which comes to my mind:
1. separation of Church from State, seems ridiculous that bishops still are allowed to vote on laws in the House of Lords.
2. prayer in council chambers, a recent law allows Christian prayer before council meetings, which could be countered by insisting that the councillors have Satanic prayers.
3. dealing with Satanic Ritual Abuse hysteria, one which is going on in Hampstead area of London. 

I look forward to working with the chapter if it is given the go-ahead.

illuminatiprimus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »
The first two are already on the agenda, although it has to be recognised that the first is a major constitutional facet of our system. Realistically what we would need to do is ask that if there are religious voices in the Lords then we should be represented too, and if not why not.

Second - completely agree, prayers have been a tradition in Parliament for a while and I see no reason why Satanic ones can't be said.

Third - I still don't know a lot about this but will do some research. I agree there needs to be a sensible voice countering this and the Temple would be a good organisation to do that.

Sephirah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »
Whilst philosophically I'd agree separation of church and state to be good, pragmatically speaking being non-secular is of benefit to us. One quick reason: the queen costs the British taxpayer only approx. 35 million in contrast to the French head of state (who carries out similar duties in a similar size country) costing French taxpayers approx. 90 million. That's about 3x as much. One of the reasons for this (again I'm keeping this brief) is the queen doesn't claim a salary. A president does.

As an educational practitioner I would advocate strongly to advance a cause within schools (where young minds and beliefs are forged). Eg religious education is taught as a disrespectful (to each religion) slop, where all gods are smudged into one and the same. And that's it. Surely we should be teaching atheism and/or other beliefs as positive alternatives. I've encountered many children who cannot comprehend a non belief in a god...

Zeke Abaddon

• Sickos never scare me. At least they're committed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 03:58:41 AM »
Just a final follow-up to all on this thread...

As you may be aware, TST UK has been granted official chapter recognition by the National Council of TST, with me and Illuminatus Primus appointed chapter co-heads (a bit like Cerebrus). We are begging to lay foundation work but we're also gathering interested folks together for meeting, celebration, planning, and general community-building. If you're interested in chapter membership, please email us at thesatanictempleuk@gmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hail Satan,
Zeke & Illuminatus

"Nobody could do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness."

twstdpsycho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 06:49:52 AM »
Emailed :)
The boogeyman is real.. And you just found him

Zeke Abaddon

• Sickos never scare me. At least they're committed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 04:29:38 AM »
Please Note:

As of 9July2016, enquiries and business for TST, London/UK is handled on the FB page The Satanic Temple, London/UK. We will not be checking the FoS site regularly and it is likely that relevant or salient posts left here will go unnoticed.

Social media handles are as follows:

Instagram: thesatanictemplelondonuk
Twitter: @tstukchapter
Web: thesatanictemplelondon.com

For more information, please write to info@thesatanictemplelondon.com

Ave Satanas,
Zeke
Your Satanic Cruise Director

"Nobody could do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness."

Dragonesk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 11:06:30 PM »
So we went with the Under Kingdom chapter name? Or is it mainly London? Does that include the City of London or just the city around The City?

_TwoFeathers_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 04:43:40 PM »
any chapters on Isle of Man???