Author Topic: Technical Feedback  (Read 6350 times)

Manel

• articulate vulgarian
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Feedback
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
I just noticed that there are two colors designated for various links:  the tangerine orange and a dark mustard color.  If you're down with my idea to switch to reds to better match the TST emblem - then one of the links could be set to a medium red - and the other to a slightly darker red. 

Thanks. 

Dawn

• trans rocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 02:19:11 AM »
Larger avatars: Seconded.

Oh, and I invite you to take a look at this site on your phones -- it renders nicely on mine. My username there is eddieVroom (an anagram of Videodrome).  https://whyweprotest.net/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:38:22 AM by Dawn »
"In order to make simple the great truths of nature and the abstract principles of natural law, the vital forces of the universe were personified, becoming the gods and goddesses of the ancient mythologies ... the wise (saw) only symbolic concretions of great abstract truths." (Hall, 1928)

Lejeune

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »
The site is ok for me except for avatars as I also would like them to be a bit bigger. Changing link colours from orange to dark red would be a nice touch too and it will definitely make the site more elegant but it's not a priority for me. I haven't seen the forum on my mobile yet, I'll write my opinion later. 

Xenia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 03:29:39 AM »
Bigger Avatars.. not obnoxiously big, but a little bigger :)
Yes, please. I can't find a picture that works in such a small size.

DR_PAUL_666

• not your typical physician, member #797
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »
Not to be greedy but how about ability to put images/jpeg in sig?
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »
Also attachments are limited to 128 kb. I wonder if that's a mistake.
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

pr0phet00

• Stupidity should hurt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »
Hmm..ability to edit one's own posts? Or is that there, and I am seriously lacking in search-fu?

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
Hmm..ability to edit one's own posts? Or is that there, and I am seriously lacking in search-fu?

hit the "modify" button

Mr A

• Mmmmm. Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 08:22:03 PM »
I've noticed that when the "Show unread posts since last visit" link runs to two pages, the second page tends to go wonky. When clicking the link for page two, mostly it is repeats of the first page, in a different order and the page link goes to [1] and no [2] link is present.

Severity: Minor
Repeatable: Yes
Steps to recreate issue: Let unread posts build to 2 pages (~48 hours), click on page 2
Attempted remediation: Restarted browser (no effect), clear cache/cookies (no effect)

Not sure with this software, but when I ran some vbulletin boards, it was a cache that was bunged up. Common issue.

Outside of that, this site is quick, responsive and smooth. Good work!
I am.

Orphia Nay

• View Profile
    • Australasian Skeptics Forum
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »
It may not be an option with SMF, but is there a way of editing time zone settings?  I can't seem to find it.
The truth is not a popularity contest.

kolberey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:09 PM »
Suggested chapter:

I see there is some interest in a potential UK Chapter. Can we get a UK Chapter on the list? It may help to generate some interest/discussion, so we can co-ordinate.

Ave Satanas!
EYK

Alex Black

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
For the "gender" field of our profiles, could we add more options besides "male" and "female"? I haven't read through everyone's intros yet, but I've scanned through a few and I think I've already seen at least one trans* person - I'd hate it if we made anyone feel excluded!

I brought this up rather tongue-in-cheek manner, but I don't know if it's a limitation of SMF or if it's something you can configure to be freetext.

I would love to see an "other" option for gender in profiles. I myself am a male identified trans person, but not everyone identifies as male or female. A fill in the blank text box would be even better, so people can specify what their gender actually is.

Also, when filling in the verification questions, "7" is accepted for the number of tenets in TST, but "seven" is not. Is there a way to make it accept both of those?

logavanig

• View Profile
    • ios training in chennai
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 03:51:41 AM »
The Satanic Temple Forums - Index. ... Our tenets are also on here along with other basic information about the Temple ... Community Forums Feedback.

_TwoFeathers_

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »
The verification process before posting is too long.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
The verification stopped for me after a few posts, like ten maybe less.