Author Topic: Technical Feedback  (Read 6348 times)

Afife

• The lord is my shepherd; I am a sheep.
    • View Profile
Technical Feedback
« on: March 13, 2015, 04:54:21 AM »
Share your feelings and suggestions about the forum itself (ie not the community's use of it).

For example, maybe it would benefit from having a privacy policy of some sorts, or at least some notice on the registration page about whether or not users' email addresses will be visible to the public or to other users. This could help encourage new members to join, especially those who support TST's cause but don't necessarily want their personal information associated with it.

Or perhaps it would be convenient if the upper-left icon were a link to Home, as in many other forums - I keep trying to click it, but to no avail! Although who knows, I might be the only one this bothers.

Ave Satanas!
The lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by. With bright knives he releaseth my soul. He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places. He converteth me to lamb cutlets.

DR_PAUL_666

• not your typical physician, member #797
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »
some suggestions for sub forums:

New/Articles/Interviews---links to items of interest for the TST community

Multimedia---a place for members to post pics/videos etc

Events--upcoming meetings or important gatherings that would affect multiple chapters

Video Game Forum

Satanic Health--make me a mod. A place to discuss physical and mental issues. They are bound to occur from sitting in front of a computer in a dark room for hours on end.
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

RagnarSantorum

• Doctor of Illosophy
  • Administrator
  • Ally of TST Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:32:54 AM »
some suggestions for sub forums:

New/Articles/Interviews---links to items of interest for the TST community

There's already a General forum as well as a Notable Issues forum.

Multimedia---a place for members to post pics/videos etc

There's an Art forum already as well, or are you referring to pictures/videos that you didn't create?

Events--upcoming meetings or important gatherings that would affect multiple chapters

Generally upcoming events would be posted in the specific chapter forum for ease of use, or a national campaign would go in the General.

Video Game Forum

I don't know if we need a forum specifically for something like this, why not keep a topic in Fun or Meet and Greet?

Satanic Health--make me a mod. A place to discuss physical and mental issues. They are bound to occur from sitting in front of a computer in a dark room for hours on end.

I have a problem after sitting in front of a computer in a dark room for hours on end: my right wrist always hurts and I am short of breath.  ;)
This one may be interesting, can you expand on your idea for this sub forum?

Now to your point:

I don't see the need for multiple multiple sub forums right off the bat,  we don't want a board cluttered with barely used sub-forums that 1-2 people post on. In the future expanding is possible but I don't know if we would want to add a bunch of sub forums just yet.  Just my $0.02 at least.
Sometimes I wonder if I go too far, and then I wonder if I don't go too far enough.

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 06:43:09 AM »
that's fine, just something to keep in mind for the future if you want to tweak your sub-forums so people know where to post what. You're probably right on trying to keep things a little more streamlined.
As far as a "health" type subforum, I was just thinking of a place for people to ask questions/bounce things off of other members. I feel that the TST community, possibly more than other online communities, might be less willing or able to seek medical information freely (maybe have a LGBT sub forum too). Just a thought. Paul
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

Afife

• The lord is my shepherd; I am a sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:48:54 AM »
For the "gender" field of our profiles, could we add more options besides "male" and "female"? I haven't read through everyone's intros yet, but I've scanned through a few and I think I've already seen at least one trans* person - I'd hate it if we made anyone feel excluded!

Edit: Also, maybe we should relocate "Gaming" from Meet and Greet to "Fun"? It doesn't really fit with the rest of the threads there, which are mostly for meeting newbies and local area satanists.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:32:35 AM by Afife »
The lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by. With bright knives he releaseth my soul. He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places. He converteth me to lamb cutlets.

RagnarSantorum

• Doctor of Illosophy
  • Administrator
  • Ally of TST Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »
For the "gender" field of our profiles, could we add more options besides "male" and "female"? I haven't read through everyone's intros yet, but I've scanned through a few and I think I've already seen at least one trans* person - I'd hate it if we made anyone feel excluded!

I brought this up rather tongue-in-cheek manner, but I don't know if it's a limitation of SMF or if it's something you can configure to be freetext.

Edit: Also, maybe we should relocate "Gaming" from Meet and Greet to "Fun"? It doesn't really fit with the rest of the threads there, which are mostly for meeting newbies and local area satanists.

Zim Zala Bim! Done.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:21:37 AM by RagnarSantorum »
Sometimes I wonder if I go too far, and then I wonder if I don't go too far enough.

RagnarSantorum

• Doctor of Illosophy
  • Administrator
  • Ally of TST Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
that's fine, just something to keep in mind for the future if you want to tweak your sub-forums so people know where to post what. You're probably right on trying to keep things a little more streamlined.
As far as a "health" type subforum, I was just thinking of a place for people to ask questions/bounce things off of other members. I feel that the TST community, possibly more than other online communities, might be less willing or able to seek medical information freely (maybe have a LGBT sub forum too). Just a thought. Paul

I can't make that call, I just lift things up and put them down and provide opinions (wanted or not). Again, I  personally would err on the side of having too few forums with a large array of posts vs. many forums with few posts. But that's just me. \_(ツ)_/

I am curious about your reasoning to think the TST community may be less willing to seek medical information?  Since one of the tenets many follow is: "Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world." I would think that would encourage members to seek scientific medical information.

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 09:51:37 AM »
RagnarSantorum, my reasoning is that this forum is unique, and may attract people who do not fit the mold of mainstream forums (that's how I think of myself. I am on a lot of forums, but there is no forum where I can be myself totally. I'm hoping this is it). I meet about 20 new people a day in my private practice, and I try to make a connection with people who otherwise might have difficulty doing so. Perhaps this forum can also make people feel comfortable enough to speak where they otherwise might not ( I deal with people's appearance)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:59:04 AM by DR_PAUL_666 »

Dawn

• trans rocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
Just registered, will explore later. My first impression is that the site is not mobile-friendly.
"In order to make simple the great truths of nature and the abstract principles of natural law, the vital forces of the universe were personified, becoming the gods and goddesses of the ancient mythologies ... the wise (saw) only symbolic concretions of great abstract truths." (Hall, 1928)

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
Just registered, will explore later. My first impression is that the site is not mobile-friendly.

Hi Dawn
I'm viewing site on my Android phone...

DevilWentDownToJoisey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 10:43:28 PM »
Bigger Avatars.. not obnoxiously big, but a little bigger :)
"Some people feel that we have just one message, that we're completely making a mockery of the religious agenda without any actual core beliefs of our own. We want to actively engage in the cultural political dialogue and make the world a more equitable place for all kinds of different beliefs" ~LG

Dawn

• trans rocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 03:40:02 AM »

Hi Dawn
I'm viewing site on my Android phone...
What browser? What's your screen size?

I'm on Firefox with a $100 Walmart special and failing eyesight...   :)
"In order to make simple the great truths of nature and the abstract principles of natural law, the vital forces of the universe were personified, becoming the gods and goddesses of the ancient mythologies ... the wise (saw) only symbolic concretions of great abstract truths." (Hall, 1928)

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 05:14:39 AM »
Geez Dawn, I dont know what you'd call the browser on my Samsung phone. Probably Google?  Google Chrome?
I have Firefox on some desk tops.
Maybe you can change font size. The Samsung S3 has a pretty large screen. Oh, reading glasses help!

Dawn

• trans rocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »
OK, thanks Doc. I'll poke it with a stick later.

Manel

• articulate vulgarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
Regarding the visual aesthetics related to user functionality:

1)  FONT SIZE - Would it be possible to make the font size bigger on the site?  It appears to be set at 8-point.  10-point would be a lot easier on the eyes.

2)  LINK COLORS - Would it be possible to set the hyperlink colors to a medium to dark red that's more in line with the colors of the TST emblem/image? A medium to dark red color would "pop" against the light grey background more than the present somewhat muted tangerine orange color - and hence, also prove easier on the eyes.

Thank you.