Author Topic: Tenets of the Satanic Temple  (Read 14880 times)

Ribin Peter

• i wasted my entire life believing in christianity
    • View Profile
Re: Tenets of the Satanic Temple
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 12:25:48 PM »
i have doubt......is satanism promote sex?

Azoetia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Not really, but it doesn't say don't, either. TST's brand of Satanism mostly stays out of the way of an individual's interests and lifestyle. I think it wisely is set up understanding that people are not all built the same. Some people are more sexual and others are less so.

A Thousand Lucifers

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »
Not really, but it doesn't say don't, either. TST's brand of Satanism mostly stays out of the way of an individual's interests and lifestyle. I think it wisely is set up understanding that people are not all built the same. Some people are more sexual and others are less so.

That is the way I understand it, too. Tabloid newspapers and horror movies aside, Satanism is not really about endless orgies. I think the chapter on sex in the Satanic Bible, while somewhat dated, is still pretty good when it comes to this subject. LaVey was ahead of his time on things like homosexuality, bisexuality, fetishes, masturbation, and even asexuality. He did indeed recognize that self-fulfillment and indulgence were different for different people, and that everyone should feel free to follow their desires as long as they caused no harm to others.
"But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first free-thinker and emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge." -Bakunin

blackrosefencer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 08:02:00 PM »
I also interpret it that way. In Satanism, idulgence is encouraged over abstinence, but they never specified that they were referring to sex and sex only. There are so many different things to indulge in....ice cream, chocolate, cake, just to name a few.

I mean, I think it goes without saying that sex between consenting people is not something Satanists frown upon and waiting until marriage is probably something most Satanists deem unnecessary, but no-one is forcing one thing over the other. Its completely up to you. You should indulge in things you enjoy which is obviously largely personal and if sex isn't it, then you don't have to indulge in it. That's the beauty of Satanism. It's about you. No-one gets to say what indulgence means to you as long as you are indulging without harming others.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »
I was a major C.O.S fan boy. And would argue and debate. And rant and rave if you said there was anything wrong with the C.O.S. I even went so far as to pay the 100 bucks.. And though a long time family friend was able to meet Anton LaVey. Yet after reading and re reading the C.O.S bible.  I was like wait not sure I agree here or here etc. And while I still enjoy thumbing though the books he has written. I found myself (while in my 20's at the time)  finding myself pulling away and looking for something.. Now I found my place .. I think haven't found anything about the T.S.T that I don't agree with.

Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

VeganDuke

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 10:04:07 AM »
I'd have to say my favourite tenet is:

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

Simply because I am very reason-oriented and I prefer to think objectively about my actions rather than subjective when it comes to real-world situations. And even in my own notions about the world and about people, I try to stick to facts.
But this does not lead me to say attack the beliefs of others.
And mine can withstand criticism.
Silentium est aurum

Achilles

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »
Joined TST yesterday, it was an easy thing to do after reading the tenets...if you have doubts, put them away and believe in it, satanism is the religion of the future. I was raised as a good ol' catholic boy, 12 years of catholic education, 5 years an alter boy..and a damn good one at that! But i'm sure i'll be a better, and happier satanist.

Psy-Q

• View Profile
    • Blog and about page
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
I read "in accordance with reason" as "because it is always reasonable to do so", not as "you can pick and choose when you want to do so". Is this the intended sense? I hope so :)

Achilles

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »
I read "in accordance with reason" as "because it is always reasonable to do so", not as "you can pick and choose when you want to do so". Is this the intended sense? I hope so :)
I think you would agree that it is not "always" reasonable to do so, this is something for  your own discretion. If a person was coming towards you wielding a knife, how compassionate do you suppose you would be, there are options here, and if you happened to be carrying a fire arm, one option would be to empty the contents of your gun into the persons head, you could stand your ground and fight, or run away...you make the call. 

Psy-Q

• View Profile
    • Blog and about page
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »
But does it have to extend into physical violence? I thought it's more in other situations. When someone is cold and you have an extra coat, give it to them. When someone at work that you don't like got drunk at the office party, drive them home. Physical violence is more complicated, but even then I'd say just make sure the guy is made harmless but strive not to kill them. We have barely any violent crime here and no one is armed, that might change one's judgment.

Achilles

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
But does it have to extend into physical violence? I thought it's more in other situations. When someone is cold and you have an extra coat, give it to them. When someone at work that you don't like got drunk at the office party, drive them home. Physical violence is more complicated, but even then I'd say just make sure the guy is made harmless but strive not to kill them. We have barely any violent crime here and no one is armed, that might change one's judgment.
Oh yeah, Switzerland, in the US the statistic i believe is 1 in 3 households have at least 1 firearm, but that example is just one of thousands, i choose that extreme for easier clarity, even still, there will be different versions as you so plainly pointed out, and i admire your compassion towards life, but if your looking  to put a bullet in said knife wielders knee cap, then you had better be a damn good shot, i like the quick kill approach myself...the point is, both are correct.

Polite New Yorker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
What I like about the seven tenets is that they encompass the values of people of different philosophies. For me it means adhering to science and the ultimate value of truth and logic. Satanism appeals to me because it serves as the cold fist of reality in a world filled with religious fantasy and self delusion. For others here it gives them room to pursue their interests as social activists. I sympathize greatly with social Darwinism - it adheres to scientific logic. But Satanism also means practicality and compassion and empathy as a survival strategy, not the moralistic bleating of scared sheep.

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 09:46:31 PM »
I have some personal objects to the word and notion of 'justice' - can somebody elaborate on the specific meaning of that concept here?

Revenge demands death and torture. Eye for an eye. Justice values reason over emotion. Justice humanely separates the violent and thieving from the rest of society for safety, not for punishment. Rehabilitation with imprisonment as the last resort within reason.

Dr. Fearsome

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 12:33:30 AM »
I prefer the traditional LeVeyan Satanist Tenets; that hung me up on the bot-detection measure this site uses. For me, there aren't just seven tenets. I follow:

THE NINE SATANIC STATEMENTS

1. Satan represents Indulgence, instead of Abstinence.

2. Satan represents Vital Existence, instead of Spiritual Pipe Dreams.

3. Satan represents Undefiled Wisdom, instead of Hypocritical Self-Deceit.

4. Satan represents Kindness to those who deserve it, instead of Love wasted on Ingrates.

5. Satan represents Vengeance, instead of "turning the other cheek."

6. Satan represents Responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for Psychic Vampires.

7. Satan represents man as just another Animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious Animal of all.

8. Satan represents the "Seven Deadly Sins", as they all lead to physical, mental, and emotional gratification.

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years. (I think this is supposed to be sarcasm haha).

I also follow:

THE ELEVEN SATANIC RULES OF THE EARTH

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

I also do my best to avoid:

THE NINE SATANIC SINS

1. Stupidity
2. Pretentiousness
3. Solipsism
4. Self-Deceit
5. Herd Conformity
6. Lack of Perspective
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
8. Counterproductive Pride
9. Lack of Aesthetics

And this is always inspiring:

"BLESSED/CURSED", (From the Book of Satan in the Satanic Bible):

-Blessed are the strong for they shall possess the earth
-Cursed are the weak for they shall inherit the yoke
-Blessed are the powerful for they shall be reverenced among men
-Cursed are the feeble for they shall be blotted out
-Blessed are the bold for they shall be masters of the world
-Cursed are the righteously humble for they shall be trodden under cloven hoofs
-Blessed are the victorious for victory is the basis for right
-Cursed are the vanquished for they shall be vessels forever
-Blessed are the iron-handed, the unfit shall flee before them
-Cursed are the poor in spirit for they shall be spat upon
-Blessed are the death defiant, their days shall be long in the land
-Cursed are the gazers toward a richer life beyond the grave, for they shall perish amidst plenty
-Blessed are the destroyers of false hope for they are the true messiahs
-Cursed are the God-adorers for they shall be shorn sheep
-Blessed are the valiant for they shall obtain great treasure
-Cursed are the believers of good and evil for they are frightened by shadows
-Blessed are those that believe in what is best for them, for never shall their minds be terrorized
-Cursed are the “lambs of God” for they shall be bled whiter than snow
-Blessed is the man who has a sprinkling of enemies for they shall make him a hero
-Cursed is he who doeth good unto others who sneer upon him in return, for he shall be despised
-Blessed are the mighty-minded for they shall ride the whirlwinds
-Cursed are they who teach lies for truth and truth for lies, for they are abominations
-Thrice cursed are the weak whose insecurity makes them vile, for they shall serve and suffer
-The angel of self-deceit and camped in the souls of the “righteous”
-The eternal flame of power through joy dwelleth within the flesh of the Satanist

Good loses. Good always loses. Good has to play fair. Evil doesn't.

Darkvras

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2016, 08:21:36 PM »
Thank you for posting the 7 Tenets. They truly are a great source of direction. Words to live by. Hail Satan!  :)
Ave Satanas Ave Domini Inferni