Author Topic: General Introductions  (Read 43119 times)

Xenia

• View Profile
Re: General Introductions
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 05:52:00 AM »
I'm just happy Fuck isn't auto-censored here ... it's always annoying when you have to write F*U*C*K or something to get your point across.

zuraith

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:23 AM »

Black metal! Dissection's "Storm of the Light's Bane" is one of my 'stranded on a desert island' albums ha! Nice to make your acquaintance. :)

Yes!

If I had to pick a black metal album for the desert island scenario, it'd probably be Emperor's "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk".

Hrafnkel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a 32-year-old metalhead, video-gaming attorney currently underemployed doing e-discovery for a big law firm. It's actually even less glamorous than the term "e-discovery" conveys.

I'm also an agnostic atheist (of the, "of course I can't affirmatively prove there is no god, but the existence or non-existence of god is utterly irrelevant to me" variety). Like TST, I am dismayed and alarmed by the creeping theocratization of America, and by the complete apathy with which our increasingly non-religious population views this phenomenon.

My other interests include travel, foreign languages, cuisine, international affairs/relations, playing bridge and savoring fine wine/beer/whisky/tobacco like the epicurean hedonist I am.

Afife

• The lord is my shepherd; I am a sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
My other interests include travel, foreign language, [...]
Sweet, me too! Where all have you traveled, and which languages do you speak?
The lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by. With bright knives he releaseth my soul. He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places. He converteth me to lamb cutlets.

BeeRRockeT

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 10:39:41 AM »
Greetings from another Texan!

As far back as I could remember, the idea of "God" just seemed completely alien to me.  I was very lucky to have been raised by two parents who never pushed any sort of religious ideology onto me.  My father was very old fashioned and would always speak to me of his skepticism for all things tied to religion and government and basically any sort of authoritarian figurehead.  As far as he was concerned, they all "put their pants on one leg at a time.", just as he did.  It seems that with all the talking heads on TV babbling on about subjective, dualist, right/wrong, he said/she said, heaven/hell, blabbity blah, the life we should be enjoying just becomes a convoluted mess.  It makes you spend more time walking on eggshells, so to speak, than enjoying life as a simple human being. 

I am currently a 38 year old married male with a beautiful wife and two awesome kids and, I have a good job as a mechanical integrity inspector at a local refinery.  I already have it all.  As far as I am concerned, a judgemental "God" with a bad temper who is ready to send me to the fiery pits if I don't acknowlege him sounds like a very high maintenance girlfriend more than a source of salvation.  I simply dont need or have the patience for it.

What little free time I have I spend playing in a local psychadelic hard rock band, skating, surfing, and working on an old VW vanagon.

I am really looking forward to hanging with more like minded individuals.  This ought to be fun!

BeeRRockeT
Livin' the dream - #805

Duchess

• 420 blaze it
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »
Hi all,

I'm a 32-year-old metalhead, video-gaming attorney currently underemployed doing e-discovery for a big law firm. It's actually even less glamorous than the term "e-discovery" conveys.

I'm also an agnostic atheist (of the, "of course I can't affirmatively prove there is no god, but the existence or non-existence of god is utterly irrelevant to me" variety). Like TST, I am dismayed and alarmed by the creeping theocratization of America, and by the complete apathy with which our increasingly non-religious population views this phenomenon.

My other interests include travel, foreign languages, cuisine, international affairs/relations, playing bridge and savoring fine wine/beer/whisky/tobacco like the epicurean hedonist I am.
You seem cool as butts. It's nice to meet you, human.
❤️"Victimless sins are the greatest affirmation of self-love & thus very good for you."❤️

Mr A

• Mmmmm. Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 02:41:38 PM »
What do you ride Mr A? I'm on a XL1200N Nightster. I'll make a bike thread later and we can post pics.

I'm on an '88 Superglide. I like it, kind of like an easychair on wheels.
I am.

Mr A

• Mmmmm. Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
I like to say fuck. A lot.

See, now whenever I see your name here, "I love to say Fuck" by Frankenstein Dragqueens from Planet 13 will start playing in my head.

Happens every time
I am.

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
Probably a bit older than most here at 50...never oppressed by religion, just society. I'm a woman. I think I've always been a Satanist although never identified as such until quite recently. Health professional, naturalized New Yorker, into rock and blues, play the guitar badly. Have also been a writer.
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

Luci Dawn

• Global Moderator
  • TST - St. Louis
    • View Profile
    • Pride of Dawn
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2015, 05:48:49 PM »
Hello, my name is Brian. I was raised Roman Catholic by my mother and stepfather, and most of that side of my family remains Catholic. My father and stepmother are Pentecostal pastors. I'm quite the black sheep of the bunch.

When I was about 22, after years of depression, I had a bit of an existential crisis and became an atheist. The quality of my mental health improved dramatically after taking charge of my life and abandoning the guilt-ridden, dysfunctional, oppressive belief system of Catholicism. Since then I've grown passionate about philosophy in general and ethics in particular.

Satanism drew my interest when TST first started getting publicity around the time of the Pink Mass in MS. After doing a ton of research about the various forms of Satanism, TST really resonated with me in a way that no other group ever did. The modern, secular Satanism is the only form of Satanism that made any sense to me, so I decided to join.

I write a blog over at http://prideofdawn.wordpress.com/ if anyone is interested, and I welcome your comments. I write under the pseudonym Luci Dawn.

Greetings all, and Ave Satanas
"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -- George Bernard Shaw

pr0phet00

• Stupidity should hurt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
Hey all, Jim, erm 38...ish (for a few more months anyway).

Killer to see some bikers in here...I'm on a 2012 Victory Highball, and once I chip it out of the iceblock that has become my storage shed, I'll post some pics. 

Born/raised/currently live in Northern New Jersey, but lived for a time in the Tulsa area in my early 20's.  I still remember applying for a job there, and being asked what church I went to.  The First Reformed Church of Satan, oddly enough, does not appear to be the correct answer, should that ever happen to you.

Brought up as Roman Catholic, but always had close friends of other religions.  I very much dislike how blatantly ignorance and religious intolerance have permeated the political landscape here in the US, and in many other countries around the world.  I strive for a level playing field for all, and despise biased and subjective censorship.  In short, I don't give a shit what you do, provided you don't infringe on another person's right to exist as they so choose.

I'm not an atheist, nor am I religious/terribly spiritual.  I believe in reason, logic, and facts.  The tenets of TST are brilliant, and they are specifically what attracted me to this group.   I will admit great delight in fighting fire with fire, and feel that using the Satanic banner is probably the only way to grab the attention in a meaningful way of tiny little Fundie minds.

Workwise, I'm a computer forensic investigator for a global publishing company.  I deal a lot with lawyers and HR people, and you really get to see that people are not always what they seem.  The lady in accounting may be running a prostitution ring from her desk, the security guy may be robbing the company blind, and that salesguy over there may or may not have sent a 10 inch fisting dildo to his boss.  I guess it's better than flowers?

On the side, I ride, work on my house, and am trying to learn fine woodworking. 

DevilWentDownToJoisey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »
<- yeah another Brian. Im a huge fan of Lucien Greaves and Co. and the work they have done towards separation of church and state. They make more  people cringe with a single copy of a coloring book than others have done with an entire 53 foot trailer full of Origin of the Species. Enough of them, how about me? Im a lifelong atheist, dabbled in some satanism as a youngster(didn't make it much further than jamming to slayer and reading Anton Levay). Glad there's a new forum i can frequent as many of the others I used to have fizzled out.

Cheers!
"Some people feel that we have just one message, that we're completely making a mockery of the religious agenda without any actual core beliefs of our own. We want to actively engage in the cultural political dialogue and make the world a more equitable place for all kinds of different beliefs" ~LG

666 Satans Child

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 09:26:16 PM »
Ahlo there pretties, born in Va, schooled in NC, lived in Germany, California, DC, and now in Michigan south of Detroit.  Pretty much fed up with society and the pigeon holes it forces unto people.  Looking forward to learning and being involved here.  Music, beer (Miller High Life Light cans 30pk), and books sorta sum me up.
The world is a cesspool of crime, corruption, and poverty.  Where there isn't war there is greed, where there isn't greed there is hunger.

Dawn

• trans rocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2015, 03:59:30 AM »
I'm a trans* veteran currently driving a taxi in Green Bay WI - a bass player, graphic artist, computer geek and a minister in The Church of the Subgenius. I also have a fascination with the christian Gnostics of the second and third centuries. Oh, and I've known several ex-scientologists and their friends over the years. I used to work in IT in Los Angeles, as far back as the BBS days.

Dada is a dead fish with electric eyes impaled upon a toothbrush. Surrealism is a reflection upon having been the fish. A gentleman in a diner in Reseda CA once told my friend that I knew where all the cars in the San Fernando Valley were.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:20:11 AM by Dawn »
"In order to make simple the great truths of nature and the abstract principles of natural law, the vital forces of the universe were personified, becoming the gods and goddesses of the ancient mythologies ... the wise (saw) only symbolic concretions of great abstract truths." (Hall, 1928)

Davenemoniada

• Should read 'DavenDemoniada'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2015, 04:14:56 AM »
Hello People,

I'm Dave from Yorkshire, England, UK, Europe.

I'm somewhere between a Libertarian Luciferian and an Anarchist Antichristian.

I spelt my username wrong when registering it's supposed to be Dave into Endemoniada (Spanish for Devlish or Demonic).

Dave
Look into my eyes, you'll see who I am.
My name is Lucifer, please take my hand.