Author Topic: General Introductions  (Read 43121 times)

DR_PAUL_666

• not your typical physician, member #797
    • View Profile
Re: General Introductions
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 04:36:38 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Paul. So happy to be here and say hello to my new friends. TST really fills a need for me. Their message is positive and powerful. I am a recovering Catholic, about 20 years sober. It takes a strong person to break away from the indoctrination that you endure as a child.

It's difficult, if not impossible, to argue with someone that has "faith" (because by definition, they believe no matter what they see or hear). A "fight" between an atheist and a religious person is a tough one (not that I'm trying to convert anyone). BUT, what do the brilliant Lucien Greaves and the founders of TST do? They fight fire with ideological fire. This is OUR religion now. These are the things that we believe, the tenets that we follow. So deal with THAT. I just love it (and I love watching the heads explode, figuratively speaking, of Christians and other theists when they hear about The Satanic Temple.

Now, due to my profession, I cannot openly profess my political and ideological leanings, but let us hope for a time when no one will be judged.
On a lighter note, my hobbies include guitar/metal, ham radio, RC planes and cars, fishing, firearms, PS4/gaming, diesel, motorsports/auto racing, offroad/4x4/ATVs, Rokon. Currently teaching myself metal fabrication, MIG/flux core welding, metal art.
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

MarcusWraith

• View Profile
Re: Hello From Tampa,FL.
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »
I am always glad to meet like minded individuals who are not afraid to express themselves. Representing who you are and what you believe in is something everyone should do, but it can be very hard to find these days. I look forward to communicating with others and participating with my local Chapter. I hope that I can bring my knowledge and experience to the table and also help to strengthen bonds and ties within the community and beyond. Feel free to contact me. Very nice to meet all of you!

Asmoday

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 06:35:40 PM »
Hello everyone, names Shane. Gamer, Debt Collector, Stoner, and Satanist.

I am 22, been living here in Texas for a good 10 years now. I play a lot of video games like Counter Strike, listen to a lot of edm music, I dj on the side, and I do work for debt collections for one of the major US banks.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

ghost

• View Profile
    • The Abyssal Collective
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »
Hey all. I did this earlier but seem to have not noticed on my phone that I was in the wrong thread. Forgive me, I'm new here.
I'm Ghost, like the Starcraft Terran unit. Transplanted San Diegan, metalhead, and student of the cosmos; at your service. Hope to see you all around.
The gods of the old world become the devils of the new.

Merradwain

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »
Hello fellow heathens!
I'm an almost 40 stay at home mother of 3 lovely demons. I'm a knowledge whore, and the more I learn of the world as it truly is, the stronger my anti-theist / humanist sentiments become. I want my children to live knowing they are fully in control of who they are and in control of their choices. As a creative soul, I find the public education system as it is now to be terribly regimented, but it's still helpful, so I shall just watch closely, and opt out of the stupid high stakes tests where I can.

I look forward to learning from all of you, and being inspired to be a better person and parent.

Awesome avatar and name <3
“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows

Merradwain

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 08:47:24 PM »
Yep, definitely feeling old here. Been on message boards since the old dialup text/ANSI boards (Renegade & BlueWave, I miss you).

Yeah, everything cool was evil, then everything evil was cool, then everything cool was pop and then I went into hiding when not only was I not 'with it' but I didn't really even know what 'it' was anymore.

Let's see, I program computers, design websites, make bonsai trees, play guitar, listen to metal, ride motorcycles, raise my kid and go to my 9 to 5. Pretty boring stuff really.

More people refer to me by my online handle than my real name.

Metal metal metal, it's all about metal and hard rock. Reading.. whatever's in front of me when I have time.

Play in bands when I have the time. Probably will be looking for one more mid year. See what's going on in this area. Haven't seen much in this part of town since I moved here a few months ago. I'm in the north suburbs of Chicago.

What do you ride Mr A? I'm on a XL1200N Nightster. I'll make a bike thread later and we can post pics.
“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows

zuraith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 09:08:43 PM »
Hey everyone! Haven't been on a forum in many years... Glad to see a nice roster so soon!

I'm currently 25 and a dad to the two coolest kids ever. I joined TST in April '14.

I'm a music junkie and vinyl addict; my preferred genres are progressive rock and black metal. My favorite band is Opeth. Zuraith is the name I use for my own music.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with 90's shooter games (Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Blake Stone, etc.) and the New World of Darkness tabletop RPG.

For a liberal, I'm a hell of a gun nut.

I think that's enough intro :)

Reap

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 09:09:39 PM »
Ok ... I'm here. Now we can begin ....GO!

zuraith

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 09:10:53 PM »
Ok ... I'm here. Now we can begin ....GO!

Took you long enough!

ghost

• View Profile
    • The Abyssal Collective
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »
Hey everyone! Haven't been on a forum in many years... Glad to see a nice roster so soon!

I'm currently 25 and a dad to the two coolest kids ever. I joined TST in April '14.

I'm a music junkie and vinyl addict; my preferred genres are progressive rock and black metal. My favorite band is Opeth. Zuraith is the name I use for my own music.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with 90's shooter games (Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Blake Stone, etc.) and the New World of Darkness tabletop RPG.

For a liberal, I'm a hell of a gun nut.

I think that's enough intro :)

Black metal! Dissection's "Storm of the Light's Bane" is one of my 'stranded on a desert island' albums ha! Nice to make your acquaintance. :)
The gods of the old world become the devils of the new.

Skjaldmær

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »
Hello! I never know what to say on these things...

Ummmm...

I like to say fuck. A lot.

Xenia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 04:37:29 AM »
I fail at making interesting introductions ... so ... Hi, I'm Xenia. I used to consider myself a "philosophical Satanist" with no interest in organized religion (been there, done that), until TST came along and appealed to my sense of humor and mischief.  ;)

Afife

• The lord is my shepherd; I am a sheep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 04:52:24 AM »
It's nice to see so many lovely people here already!

I'm Afife, and I'm a physics student from the East Coast currently studying outside of Los Angeles. I'm into climbing and urban exploring, and I love to listen to music of many sorts, especially trip-hop and industrial. Although pressured towards Protestantism growing up, I've been an atheist all my life, but haven't really had a problem tolerating other people's beliefs until recently.

I hadn't heard of TST until a few months ago, but I host a deep appreciation for all the good work that's been done in its name. I would love to find a way to contribute despite my status as a poor college student. Hopefully this board will help us LA satanists better organize ourselves and cause some real progress!

Ave Satanas!
The lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by. With bright knives he releaseth my soul. He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places. He converteth me to lamb cutlets.

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 05:22:39 AM »
It's nice to see so many lovely people here already!

I'm Afife, and I'm a physics student from the East Coast currently studying outside of Los Angeles. I'm into climbing and urban exploring, and I love to listen to music of many sorts, especially trip-hop and industrial. Although pressured towards Protestantism growing up, I've been an atheist all my life, but haven't really had a problem tolerating other people's beliefs until recently.

I hadn't heard of TST until a few months ago, but I host a deep appreciation for all the good work that's been done in its name. I would love to find a way to contribute despite my status as a poor college student. Hopefully this board will help us LA satanists better organize ourselves and cause some real progress!

Ave Satanas!

Welcome Afife! and 92F in LA today? I'm jealous
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:25 AM »
Hello! I never know what to say on these things...

Ummmm...

I like to say fuck. A lot.

well you ARE a mod, I guess you can say fuck as much as you want! lol