Author Topic: General Introductions  (Read 42906 times)

Duchess

• 420 blaze it
    • View Profile
General Introductions
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
Hello heretics!

This thread is pretty self-explanatory.
Introduce yourselves and get to know one another!
❤️"Victimless sins are the greatest affirmation of self-love & thus very good for you."❤️

LokiSataere

• Cogito Ergo sumthin'.
    • View Profile
Re: General Introductions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »
I had started a similar thread to this one, but Duchess got this one in by a minute sooner.

Online, I prefer Loki Sataere until I get to know people.  The name is an online handle I've used for about 16 years, so if you've seen it around, it may have been me.

I am a Texan, though I no longer live within that state's borders (or influences, thankfully).  I'm honestly a bit boring now, used to be more dynamic and involved in various musical and performance scenes, now I'm more studious and career-focused.

Joining this forum has me intrigued for the potential interactions; I haven't actively frequented a message board pretty much since social media rose and drew traffic away from these "old-school" style forums. 

I look forward to getting to know how everyone presents themselves, as honestly or fictitiously as they choose.
"I always think I've got it all figured out. Then I live another day and it gets more complicated." - Scud the Disposable Assassin

Duchess

• 420 blaze it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
Aww, my bad LokiSataere! Sorry to spoil your thread. "/

Anyway, I'll go ahead.
My name is Trish. I'm 22 years old.
My interests include:
International relations and politics, human rights, mental illness, petting cute animals, smoking the pots, binge-watching television shows and movies, traveling, and blasting shitty corporations and politicians on twitter.
My favorite musicians are: Elliott Smith, Bright Eyes, múm, Heatmiser, Listener, Immortal Technique, and Nekromantix.
My favorite books are: House of Leaves, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Madness and Civilization, The Communist Manifesto, and Civil Disobedience.

And butts are pretty fucking cool too. 

As with LokiSataere, I also haven't posted in a message board in a long time. And I must admit, I'm a little nervous.
❤️"Victimless sins are the greatest affirmation of self-love & thus very good for you."❤️

Crowd_of_Gods

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »
Hi folks! Feel free to call me "Crowd" or "Mr. Gods."

I am in Vancouver, BC. I'd love to see something get started in Canada. Though the religious landscape here is in some ways more accepting than that in the USA, official Christendom remains enshrined in many places. God is acknowledged right in our Constitution, religious schools receive state funding, and, most obnoxious to me personally, "religion" is defined in most provincial law as theistic, and as a result of that humanists and such ilk cannot solemnize their own wedding ceremonies; they are forced to do extra paperwork and pay more money as they would have to employ a Humanist officiant and also a Marriage Commissioner to have their union recognized by the state.

It would amuse me to force the issue by doing a wedding and not employing a commissioner, thus committing the crime of impersonating a member of the clergy.

Mr.black

• Jump into the abyss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
What's up guys and gals welcome and hi! I'm 25 turning 26 on 4/20 whoot whoot lol and I go as mr.black for now till we meet Lol anyways I just moved to vegas and im looking for friends I don't really do social networking bedsides me having a Twitter and that's it lol anyways hello to everyone on here

soda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
Hi everyone. Great idea for a thread...  ;D

My name is Becky, or Soda, whichever you prefer.
I'm from Australia. It's a nice place, but our politicians drive me nuts. ;)
I'm thirty-two years old (bleh...) and I'm a transgirl. For anyone who's not quite sure what that means, I'm a transgendered person; I was born a boy, but I've been living completely as a girl for a few years now. So... yey!  ;D
I'm very interested in computing and the Internet, in terms of technology and gaming in particular. Websites like Facebook tend to irritate me, though. But I'm a big fan of Steam (the PC gaming software/platform), for the most part. I also love anime. :-X
I love having opinions about stuff, particularly political stuff. I'm a big fan of human rights, particularly LGBTIQ rights, and I really wish that one of the major political parties in Australia (and most other countries) would stand up and take a hard line in support of LGBTIQ rights. I'm also a big supporter of sexual rights between consenting adults, and I feel that our societies (in general) are too repressive in matters of sexuality.

So, thanks for reading that, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Take care!

purtyboy666

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »
hey all, greetings from fort lauderdale fl. i typically don't participate in forums, but wanted to come support tst for all of their great work in the political arena, specifically in regards to the establishment clause. hoping to help out anywhere i can.

Duchess

• 420 blaze it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
It's lovely to meet you Becky, mr. Black, and sir crowd. And everyone else who might have replied while I typed this.

It's really sad to hear about the lack of respect the Australian government has shown the lgtbq community. I hope that starts to change soon. Sadly, it seems like sometimes it takes a really shitty conservative leader to open eyes and make the caring members of the community outraged enough to take a stand.  Keep fighting the good fight lady. C:

Merradwain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 02:41:51 PM »
Gah I feel old  :o

I'm from South Africa (raised during Satanic panic born in 1980).

Like I said, raised on "Metallica is satanic, Iron Maiden is satanic, Black Sabbath is satanic..." hell I even had a guy come up to me once and tell me my E.T. Figurine was satanic when I was 5 years old.

I abandoned my parents' protestant religion in 1997 and wasted a large portion of my life on trying to find god in different places. Proudly god free since 2008.

I love gaming, reading, tattoos, piercings, anything related to Kustom Culture. Music, any rockabilly and its evil children. Into Machine Head, Mastodon, Rob Zombie, Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Black Veil Brides, Pantera, Soulfly, Sepultura, Pretty Reckless, New Year's Day, Rage Against the Machine, Eyes Wide Shut, Lacuna Coil, Disturbed, Atreyu, Bullet for My Valentine, Bring Me the Horizon, Most Precious Blood, Korn, Slipknot, Trivium, Godsmack, Staind, Still Remains.

I love my wife (who introduced me to Dawkins and Hitchens) my cats and dogs and my Sportster (called Devil Bettie).

Eh, if anybody finds anything I enjoy interesting please drop me a PM any time.

It's great to have a community online.

M
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:43:38 PM by Merradwain »
“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows

Mr.black

• Jump into the abyss
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »
I love to game out especially on the ps4 my gamer tag is elvis420 so add me and we can team up also my Twitter name is @my_execrable so follow me!! I'll def follow back and if you guys or gals are bored than you can kik me at Lemonadelife im here to help out with whatever I can :) im glad I'm here yay!

Mr A

• Mmmmm. Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
Yep, definitely feeling old here. Been on message boards since the old dialup text/ANSI boards (Renegade & BlueWave, I miss you).

Yeah, everything cool was evil, then everything evil was cool, then everything cool was pop and then I went into hiding when not only was I not 'with it' but I didn't really even know what 'it' was anymore.

Let's see, I program computers, design websites, make bonsai trees, play guitar, listen to metal, ride motorcycles, raise my kid and go to my 9 to 5. Pretty boring stuff really.

More people refer to me by my online handle than my real name.

Metal metal metal, it's all about metal and hard rock. Reading.. whatever's in front of me when I have time.

Play in bands when I have the time. Probably will be looking for one more mid year. See what's going on in this area. Haven't seen much in this part of town since I moved here a few months ago. I'm in the north suburbs of Chicago.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:20:08 PM by Mr A »
I am.

PinkOni

• You amuse me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
Hello fellow heathens!
I'm an almost 40 stay at home mother of 3 lovely demons. I'm a knowledge whore, and the more I learn of the world as it truly is, the stronger my anti-theist / humanist sentiments become. I want my children to live knowing they are fully in control of who they are and in control of their choices. As a creative soul, I find the public education system as it is now to be terribly regimented, but it's still helpful, so I shall just watch closely, and opt out of the stupid high stakes tests where I can.

I look forward to learning from all of you, and being inspired to be a better person and parent.
Of course we can't do that. That would make too much sense.

RagnarSantorum

• Doctor of Illosophy
  • Administrator
  • Ally of TST Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
Greetings, I am Ragnar Santorum.
I am an Ally of TST Maine. I allied myself with TST because I appreciate their goals, and the lulz they bring forth from the butthurt of people trying to force their morality on others.

I am a Doctor of Illosphoy, its a title I completely made up because on the internet you can do that.
I live on the internet, and may or may not have a neckbeard.

I'm a gamer, and also I like turtles.

Here is a picture of Batman fighting a shark with a lightsaber:

Sometimes I wonder if I go too far, and then I wonder if I don't go too far enough.

ThirtySeven

• Tempus Loquendi, Tempus Tacendi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

No, Thirty Seven is not my age (I wish) and yes, my avatar is my dog peeing on me. :-)

Ahh, Mr. A brought back memories of when I was doing tech support for a modem manufacturer . . .  BBS hockey was all the rage while on a call!

Anyway, I mostly joined as I agree with the tenets of TST and support the good works being done.

MixtapeMasterJipC

• Mixtape Master Speaks
    • View Profile
    • The Blog of MixtapeMasterJip-C
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »
Hey everyone!

My name is Jipsi and I currently live near Cleveland, Ohio.  I was born & raised in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and moved up to Ohio to take care of a family member.  And because of that, I'm a damn good person because, well,....Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland?? Unless it was for good reason.  And it was.  :)

I am 46 and not UNHAPPY about that.  Not sure why so many are upset after the age of 25. Bring the years on.  I'm so much smarter and wiser now from age.  I just have to add that I was born the same year that The Satanic Bible was published.  I think that is a really cool mention.  I have a blog and the About page does indicate this fact, along with other fun facts about my year of birth. 

I'm really excited about this message board and it's so fresh and new, as opposed to somewhere else that I was refrained from joining due to being quite intimidated by some of the people's posts.  Also, I really message boards and honestly, this took me so far back that I almost forgot how to add a post.  I just sat hear looking at it for a few minutes then just hit reply at the top.  So, please forgive me if I did something wrong.

So nice to meet all of you.  ;)
The Mix!