Author Topic: The Cavern of Ranting  (Read 11675 times)

Mooneater

• View Profile
The Cavern of Ranting
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »
Hello everyone,

Seeing as diverse forms of activism is a part of our religious identity, I thought it would be convenient to have a thread where people can blow off some steam and rant about the stupidity they encounter in their Satanic quest to rebel against the various unenlightened hegemonies in the world.

Feel free to rant about anything you like, given that it stays within the boundaries of the forum rules of conduct, of course.

I'll go first: Internet forum trolls are so goddamn annoying!!!!! Identifying as a Satanist however, seems to help. I can delight in their stupidity when I finally get over my own wasted irritation.

Hail Satan!!
I call them out and charge them all
With a life that is a lie,
And in their final hour
They shall confess before they die.

"Warriors of the World United" Manowar (2002)

Omnia cognitio est.

Oklahoma Satanist

Re: The Cavern of Ranting
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:54:07 PM »
This man: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVigilantChristian
This person is one of the many reasons why Christians get a bad name.

Mooneater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
Oh, indeed. Thank you for posting that.
And in their final hour

Omnia cognitio est.

Luci Dawn

• Global Moderator
  • TST - St. Louis
    • View Profile
    • Pride of Dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 07:08:10 PM »
This mother fucker
"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -- George Bernard Shaw

Oklahoma Satanist

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:37:41 PM »
"Canaanites had it coming"
-William Lane Craig
(okay thats not exactly what he said but still).

Luci Dawn

• Global Moderator
  • TST - St. Louis
    • View Profile
    • Pride of Dawn
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 08:16:22 PM »
Yeah that's pretty much what he said  *facepalm*
"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -- George Bernard Shaw

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 11:26:29 AM »
By most standards I count as "left-wing" in the US, but a lot of people on the Left annoy me. There are days when I ask myself, "Lilith, who do you hate more, the ignorant and hateful paranoiacs on the Right, or the self-righteous and naive whiners on the Left?" it's often a toss-up. I find people on the Left often do not evaluate the sources of their information, don't consider their privilege as white Americans, are uninterested in other cultures, are intolerant of different beliefs despite preaching the importance of tolerance, and in general cannot listen to an opinion that's different from theirs. Whew, that's a rant! But to continue, the worst is a faction of the feminist movement that seems to have a definition of feminism that defies all previous definitions, namely, that women should be a protected class similar to children. This isn't a feminist idea; it's a Victorian one. It was described in this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/22/opinion/sunday/judith-shulevitz-hiding-from-scary-ideas.html
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

Oklahoma Satanist

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »
I consider myself a humanist, not a feminist. The term in modern years has had negative connotations due to the "your rights end where my feeling begin" mindset in some people who call themselves feminists. I have also seen a mild tread of a select few that simply wish to reverse the discrimination (2 wrongs don't make a right). To me, this is not what feminism is. A lot of "3rd wave feminists" have said that women should have the right to choose what is best for them, and then insult them for not joining the movement. it was a movement of love turned to hate.

Mooneater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 03:57:38 PM »
I consider myself a humanist, not a feminist. The term in modern years has had negative connotations due to the "your rights end where my feeling begin" mindset in some people who call themselves feminists. I have also seen a mild tread of a select few that simply wish to reverse the discrimination (2 wrongs don't make a right). To me, this is not what feminism is. A lot of "3rd wave feminists" have said that women should have the right to choose what is best for them, and then insult them for not joining the movement. it was a movement of love turned to hate.

I think I understand where you are coming from, Oklahoma Satanist. Feminism does mean different things to different people. I do find it incredibly sad, though, when young people brush feminism off as though it has become superfluous; it is not.

All media channels have their agendas and one ought to question the channels that selectively portray feminists as "overly sensitive", picking cases they know are easy to portray as petty, thereby undermining both feminism politically—and public consciousness of it—all the while ignoring the cases that are, in fact, in need of public attention. In a country where many voters in the Christian electorate would decide whether to vote or not vote for a candidate depends on precisely issues connected to the bodies of women, the third tenet of the Temple is of profound importance:

"One's body is inviolable, subject to one's own will alone."

The opposite is often argued in and by visual advertisement by sometimes huge corporate brands. This targets women first and foremost, but it targets men, too. 

The best way to understand the basis for feminism today are social scientific surveys, robust studies on various topics that deal with gender topics, discrimination, and gender equality, as well as the writings of the seemingly few critically questioning and knowledgable journalists writing for news magazines that are actually worthwhile.
And in their final hour

Omnia cognitio est.

Oklahoma Satanist

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
I understand that even though that progress has been made, it is no where near complete (women not being paid the same as men, etc). I also apologize for bashing a group just because of a few people who never looked up feminism in a dictionary. Also to narrow down the movement to just 1st world countries is a bit rude on my part. In places like Iraq where sending your little girl to school can risk her life. In the past I have criticized Christianity for its content, but lets look a little at Islam shall we? Let Ibadu Ar-Rahman tell you about equal rights:

Also sorry for any misconceptions that some people may have gotten, I do support woman rights.

Oklahoma Satanist

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 04:36:35 PM »
Also I view Islam just as I view Christianity. 

Mooneater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 07:59:49 PM »
Oh dear. What he says is possibly the worst argument I have ever heard, but it implodes under its own stupidity.

Today, I had the pleasure of being pursued with the request for an apology I had already given, but that the person in question had not registered simply because they did not pay attention. In addition, I was accused of committing an ad hominem by pointing out that a person still had a lot to learn—a person who was arguing over a topic with complete and utter arrogance towards those who showed an understanding of that topic, while the person in question very clearly lacked even the most basic comprehension.
And in their final hour

Omnia cognitio est.

Oklahoma Satanist

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Look, I was not trying to step on anyone's toes when I responded, I'm sorry for any offence you may have taken from what I said and in no way was I asking for a apology (I'm the one needing to apologize).

Oklahoma Satanist

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:09 AM »
Okay, as I type this, its like 3:30 in the morning. I can't even get any sleep until I get this off my chest. Originally I was going to P.M. this to you but I think it would do more to have it here, your not the only one who needs to see this. When I typed my response I had no intent on offending anyone nor was I accusing you of insulting me directly. I'm sorry that I speak before I have all of my facts straight. Just because some of of the people I live with are narrow-minded does not automatically mean I know what I'm talking about. I love this community and I can't bare that thought of being rejected by it for one-two stupid post. I am just a punk-ass teen that sometimes thinks he knows everything. I only ask that you and the rest of this community will accept my apology and we can put this behind us.

Mooneater

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »
Hey Oklahoma Satanist,

I'm sorry, were you talking to me or was somebody else posting and their posts were deleted? I don't see what you would have to apologize for.

If you were talking to me, I think we may have had a slight misunderstanding on our hands. In the latter case, let me assure you that I am not offended by anything you have written.

It could be that my accusation of stupidity was ambiguous as to whom I was talking about. I apologize if my imprecision has caused you distress; my accusation was aimed at the guy in the video you posted, not you. :)
And in their final hour

Omnia cognitio est.