Author Topic: New TST member from Ohio  (Read 38 times)

Daemon

• View Profile
New TST member from Ohio
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »
As the subject line says, I'm a new member as of an hour ago. The decision to join wasn't an idle one, although it was guided by a rather unique coincidence. I've always always been firmly an atheist, but one that has seen the need for religion for the masses. I've always held firmly to progression of self knowledge and better treatment of my fellow people through fair and justifiable action. I feel like most religions, however, are in your face with lies and always claim to be the one true religion.

After stumbling upon The Satanic Temple, I've finally felt like I actually belong, and I highly believe in your agendas and Tenets, even before seeing your Tenets. However, even after a good deal of research on my part, I'm not entirely sure whether The Satanic Temple actually believes in Satan as a deity, or the idea of Satan as a deity. If its the former, I fear I've joined a little to quickly, for I do not prescribe to any sort of notions of any of these mythical beings presences, and I will gladly revoke my membership. If Satan is used metaphorically as a means to attain a greater freedom from the oppressive nature of religions as a whole, then I will gladly sell my soul for your cause.
Ave Atque Vale

ClovenMischief

• View Profile
Re: New TST member from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »
Hi, lots of new members lately. Glad to see new faces.

I encourage you to read the entirety of TST's main page as not only does it entail everything there is to know about us, including FAQ, it is a light read as it's all very short and to the point. We don't use flavor and poetic language to draw people in.
And no, we do not worship any deity of any sort...though that doesn't stop some people from joining... not that we don't like the lot of them. haha Lots of good fellows here who are Pagan and whatnot.

Also if you want locality give Google a look up on TST FB groups near your area.
I studied all that was most Good and found all that was most Evil.
I studied all that was most Evil and found all that was most Good.

Daemon

• View Profile
Re: New TST member from Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply, and I see. I did a good deal of research before joining, including reading the FAQ and looking for local chapters (closest for me is in Detroit.) I joined because I thought it was a metaphorical expression much like your FAQ, and what your reply, has said. My error was not realizing that this board was a modicum for all Satanism. I read quite a few posts before making this post, and I was a little confused. Your response, and a little deduction, has cleared it all up. Seems like I'm in the right place after all.
Ave Atque Vale