Author Topic: Hello from dirty liberal Californ-I-A  (Read 100 times)

Zukebub8

• View Profile
Hello from dirty liberal Californ-I-A
« on: May 08, 2017, 10:04:08 PM »
Hello everyone I am Zukebub8 - A name given to me by the Webassign cybergods in college.

Decided to join TST because taking the grandparents to their Methodist church gave me wanderlust for an atheist religion I can be proud of. Haven't been a real committed Satanist, but I have been a follower of anti-religious sentiment and environmentalism all my life. Tried being pagan in high school but couldn't believe in the magic. I've circled the idea for joining Satanism for a while and it may as well be time. 
Also Metal, all kinds of metal. It's great. And the horror genre.

Also, anyone know what the deal is with the Church of Satan? Has Satanism progressed beyond Ayn Rand fandom or is there a split between SJ themed TST and hard-line libertarian Laveyan Satanism?

ClovenMischief

• View Profile
Re: Hello from dirty liberal Californ-I-A
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »
Welcome to TST.
TST is Political Activism under a Religious moniker. Not Social Justice, though I'm sure it appeals to many who ARE Radical Social Justice Warriors. As much as that may make the lot of us cringe...

Church of Satan is not political, politics is left to their member's own preferences being an individualistic religion/philosophy and all. I'd say the COS has split into several nameless subgroups they don't like to talk about. Though yes, there's a large chunk that are now in bed with Temple of the Vampire making them even MORE Ayn Rand fancrazy, but many of them are fancrazy while not in lew with the Vampires. A lot are still fundamentalists, others are "witches", and others are leaning towards a more logical point of lax individualism some of which you'll find here in TST.

There's dumbshits in every group so, ya know, tread carefully no matter where ya go. XD Have fun and fight for a cause.
I studied all that was most Good and found all that was most Evil.
I studied all that was most Evil and found all that was most Good.