Author Topic: Any thoughts on why this forum gets so little use?  (Read 1833 times)

beatdaddio

• View Profile
Any thoughts on why this forum gets so little use?
« on: April 07, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »
It puzzles me, since TST membership seems to be growing. Are "kids these days" just not using forums anymore, preferring some other social app?  For the more active chapters, like NYC, LA, and even Dallas, what tools are they using to stay connected?
Now more than ever.

dkazny

• View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on why this forum gets so little use?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »
The TST FB forum is very active.  NYC has their own FB forum and I think the other chapters mmight, too. Yeah, most younger (than me) people don't even know what a forum is.

Ceuthonymus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »
I'd say that since this is the main forum people from different chapters should be encouraged to visit and talk as for example the case with I am eager to share with some other TSTs, however,
because of where I am is a bit difficult and the forum might be (for now) the only way to interact with the community.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 11:22:26 PM »
Forums as a medium probably peaked somewhere between 2008 and 2010. FB has largely replaced them. It's analogous to what Walmart did to mom-and-pop retailers.

dkazny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 03:17:56 AM »
The FB groups are easier to navigate and, it seems, to moderate. When I went to a NYC chapter meeting in Feb, a couple of people were surprised to hear this forum still existed.

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 08:36:20 AM »
It's too bad IMO because of the invasive Big Brother nature of FB.  I get it that the format is what people are more comfortable with these days, but I consider FB basically just a surveillance tool for the corporate police state.

Plus all the ads, flashing graphics, unwanted videos loading, random inclusion of bullshit nobody wants to see, clickbait, and such--I prefer an online environment where I just see people trying to communicate actual ideas with each other, on focused topics.  Aside from my personal taste, it seems like fora would be better tools for organizing people in any form other than a mob.
Now more than ever.

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »
Also I'm not surprised that forums are "out of fashion", since fashions change, but I AM genuinely puzzled that something newer and cooler (and more privacy oriented) hasn't replaced FB.
Now more than ever.

dkazny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 10:39:29 AM »
I totally agree on your last point.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »
Also I'm not surprised that forums are "out of fashion", since fashions change, but I AM genuinely puzzled that something newer and cooler (and more privacy oriented) hasn't replaced FB.
It's only a matter of time before we see 'boutique' online communities and social networks.

Ceuthonymus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »
Anyone can recommend me a good FB TST group?

dkazny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »
Yes, they have an official FB group that's definitely worth following. It's 100x more active than this forum.

Here's a link. If it doesn't work, just go on FB and search for The Satanic Temple official forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663215740560553/