Author Topic: Activation email does not arrive!  (Read 310 times)

ctjacobs

Activation email does not arrive!
« on: February 13, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »
Activation email to xs4all.nl does not arrive.
Activation email to outlook.com does arrive, in the spam folder, but that is good enough.

What is the problem with the xs4all activation mail?

Chris

ClovenMischief

• View Profile
Re: Activation email does not arrive!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:11:40 PM »
Is that German?
It could be that the (German?)email domain is not recognized or blocked by your countries internet restrictions and the website's automated sender just doesn't recognize it as an email at all (even regional internet suffers language barriers).

I have trouble getting into places all the time with my Chinese domains. Even my International emails have trouble sometimes. I often have to use a backup Yahoo or Gmail American one for the activation email and THEN switch it to my main in my profile preferences. It tends to work after I've activated and I get emails from people to my main foreign emails fine afterwards. But an automated sender like activation seems to have problems for some reason.

Outlook is recognized by America so I'm not surprised. Outlook however, is ancient and some websites no longer recognize it too. I can't even get Outlook to work on my American computer. So if you have trouble in the future, try Yahoo or Gmail.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:17:09 PM by ClovenMischief »

ctjacobs

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:26:44 PM »
No, xs4all.nl is not german, it is dutch.
If I try to switch, once activated, to my xs4all.nl email address it does not work,
because if I change my email address The Satanic Temple sends a new verification email, which also does not arrive.
Outlook seems to me recently updated, my outlook email client is from 2016, that is only last year.

Chris

ClovenMischief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »
That's odd that it still doesn't work. And this is the first site I've heard sending a verification email after changing emails.
If Outlook works then it looks like you're stuck with Outlook.
Som etimes a foreign domain still isn't recognized so I'm not too surprised.