Author Topic: peaceful protest and The Satanic Temple  (Read 240 times)

N3rdM3tal

• View Profile
peaceful protest and The Satanic Temple
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
This is mostly a question for the national ministry regarding policies surrounding representation during the current protests and marches. But any input and advice from other members is always helpful.

My question. I have attended marches and protests in my home town regarding recent government policies and their blatant attacks on human rights. I wonder what would be considered the correct amount of representation I could show as a TST member who doesn't have a local chapter to organize with. I was considering a more universal sign something to the effect of TST logo and the words "Stands With" then an empty space to put in an interchangeable add on such as "women" "muslims" "LGBTQIA+". My graphic design skills are lacking, so if this is appropriate I will hunt through the art thread or ask if someone could make a template to print out.

Ave Satanas Liberator from Eugene, OR

beatdaddio

• View Profile
Re: peaceful protest and The Satanic Temple
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 04:29:41 PM »
I'm not a spokesperson, but here's my opinion.  Actions that aren't planned and carried out by local TST chapter leadership should probably not use TST branding (the logo, name, initials, and tenets).  Even if in all likelihood TST as an organization does stand with whatever subject group, it could be irresponsible to say they do without their express permission.

There is an infinite array of other satanic imagery to use that you can find in a Google image search.  So you could make a sign that says something like "Satanists stand with..." or something about the separation of church and state, with a smiling Baphomet for example, or just any protest slogan on a black background with a nice silver or red pentacle.

You could print and carry cards directing people to visit the TST website for more info.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:32:03 PM by beatdaddio »
Now more than ever.