Author Topic: Annoying my wife  (Read 555 times)

Krumble

• View Profile
Annoying my wife
« on: January 18, 2017, 09:57:21 AM »
So I came up with this bright idea after some time after moving into my new house. There is a church for Jehovah's Witnesses down the road and I am sure everyone has experienced at some point having them knock on your door. Shortly after their first visit I realized that since a good portion of my week is spent working when they do stop by next I probably won't be home. My wife is Wiccan and detests talking about religion but she also lacks the ability to be mean to someone who is kind to her. I decided that the next time they stop by I would invite them to stop by whenever they want. Now at least twice a month I get a text from my wife about how I am such an asshole because she is stuck talking to them since she can't be mean and tell them not to come back. This has been going on for about three years now...

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying my wife
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:15 PM »
And you're still married?  She must be a very patient person!  I really haven't been particularly mean with our Seventh Day Adventists, but for some reason they just don't come around anymore. Guess they figured out we're a lost cause, and gave up. Hadn't even gotten around to putting a nice Baphomet sculpture in the front garden, yet!  I rather enjoy a bit of debate now and then, as well, as long as no one gets abusive, it's all good.
Joyfully, Non Serviam

Krumble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:18:57 AM »
No she is used to my antics now. I do enjoy a good debate myself but I tend to be selective on who I debate religion with. The radical types tend to get bent out of shape over it far too easily. Especially in my area.

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »
  More and more, I'm tending towards most of the Judeo-Christian mythos as just being irrelevant to me.
Joyfully, Non Serviam

lillithdasa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »
I usually just ask Jehovah's Witnesses or any other zealot group to leave my premises. If you don't tell them to leave, they will contend to hound you. Don't even listen to them and tell them to back off. Scientology will also bug people. I praise Leah Remini for exposing them as well. One neighbor answered the door nude and they never came back. Stand up to them or you will never get rid of them

Krumble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:33:40 PM »
It doesn't bother me and the moment their preaching gets offensive or I grow bored with them I will gladly shoo them away. There are plenty of ways to knock the Bible bangers down a peg. I'm not one who practices understanding and acceptance of the religion of all others. I enjoy proving that my views are rooted in fact because they stem from science and not magic or mysticism.