Author Topic: Ritual as a means to sort through one's mind....  (Read 1193 times)

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
Ritual as a means to sort through one's mind....
« on: December 19, 2016, 07:41:43 PM »
   I went to a lovely ritual a couple of nights ago, and despite my initial skepticism of such things in general, found that it seemed to have some beneficial and cathartic effects.
As a result of this experience, I am interested in trying more ritual with the idea of engaging in some personal growth; however the rituals I see in the back of the Satanic Bible, and in some of the other works I've managed to obtain seem to rely heavily on Enochian, which I'm a bit unsure of. The question I am trying to properly formulate is: should I just dive in and try working with that first, or are there recommendations from others farther along that path of exploration that have other advice? I seem to recollect that the Tibetan monks had a large archive of what seemed to me to be maps of human consciousness... means to meditate and navigate through the structures and obstacles of the human mind... so I suspect this is an area where the experience of others might help me.
   What say you all?
Joyfully, Non Serviam

beatdaddio

• View Profile
Re: Ritual as a means to sort through one's mind....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:29:08 PM »
One approach is to select a moment or a period of time (anywhere, doing anything) and dedicate it entirely to a single ritual purpose.  For example you might have some household chore that seems tedious; spend the entire time, with every movement of your arms and legs, visualizing the movement cleansing you of poisons, purifying you and invigorating the circulation of oxygen and fresh blood and healthy thoughts.  Or maybe at work you have to assemble small parts, or organize a warehouse; spend an hour of that visualizing the work as steps in assembling a war machine for destroying fascists and evangelical oppressors.

You can also arbitrarily attach a ritual action to a specific wish or reminder.  Every hour, on the hour, go to a window and trace a pentagram on it with your finger.  This action reminds you to *(be present for your partner, be kind to your co-workers, re-dedicate yourself to a cause, finish what you've started, etc.).
Now more than ever.

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »
 Those are interesting ideas, thank you!
Joyfully, Non Serviam

Koldun Black

• Strength through Joy
    • View Profile
    • 13mObscene
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:23:46 AM »
 Don't so much worry about the Enochian, as a matter of fact you can completely ignore it if you so choose. Anton used it for dramatic reasons that found resonance with him. You are free to dress your rituals in any way you choose. It's about what works for you, what leads you to emotion or mental gratification. That being said, an eclectic approach to ritual work is almost necessary, once you have a handle on the basic structure, which is presented very well in the Satanic Bible.
 So yes, dive right in, but feel free to modify what you need to in order to suit your needs. Nothing bad will happen, if the rite doesn't "work," meaning if the ritual does not lead to emotional or physical gratification.....try something else. Experimentation will lead to success, only you will know what works for you; and only you can determine what success means.

Let be be finale of seem

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »
We've now set aside a spare bedroom to set up for a ritual chamber, gathering appropriate decor & getting ready to paint....  :D
Joyfully, Non Serviam

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »
Nice!  Please post photos once it starts to come together.
Now more than ever.

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 11:57:50 AM »
  Will do... thinking black base with silver spongework and some mural art if I can manage it. Need to fill in the unfortunately placed window on the West wall first.
Joyfully, Non Serviam

Knuse

• No Gods No Masters
    • View Profile
    • Knuse
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »
I find rituals to be a very powerful and effective method for changing my own consciousness.  Experiment, do what feels right, invent your own rituals.  Peter Carroll's Liber Null and Psychonaut is a very good (not to mention the original) book on Chaos Magick with tips on creating your own rituals, symbolism, sigils, etc.  In many ways, rituals are simply a form of psychotherapy.  Crowley also has a lot of good ritual suggestions throughout The Equinox, which draw from many different traditions.  David Shoemaker's book Living Thelema is an excellent work that takes a more modern look at Crowley's practices.   
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.  Love is the Law, Love under Will.

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »
Longtail, it was good meeting you at the get-together this evening!  I look forward to the local group cohering and becoming more of a community.
Now more than ever.

Xrossbow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
I was raised Pagan and so I have a Pagan based altar.   In fact all of my tools are Pagan, why sell my chalice or bowl when I have a perfectly good one, because it has the symbol of the tree of life on it and not a Baphomet?    Thats silly to me.   I have my bell as well.   I use a plethora of candles in ritual and magical work.   Many Satanists I have met say to use only black and white candles, I personally enjoy different colors for aesthetic reasons so I have Green, Red, Yellow, Purple, Blue, Black and White.   and Orange.   ;)    I have whatever I feel connected to me on the Altar.

My Ritual space as it were at the moment is just a corner of my bedroom as I don't have room for an entire room and its not black, I am not allowed to paint the walls in this apartment nor would I personally, nor would I shut the curtains, again being raised Pagan, I want to be able to have an open window, feel the breeze on me when I am in meditation or prayer.   Yes, I pray.   Since ritual and everything that happens in ritual is psychological or psychodrama, I feel that prayer is talking to myself and meditation is listening and for me it really works, I meditate with Mala Beads as well.

I spirit dance, cast dice, read books from a practice called The Sacred Journey which is a serious self and world improvement system that yes again I was raised with.   I have never followed a single ritual from The Satanic Bible even though I do consider myself highly "LaVeyan".   

But really only in the sense that I hold the 9 Satanic statements as my tempate for how I approach life.   I like The 7 Satanic Tenants but find that these work best for me, better in fact.   

I also have very random rituals, nothing is planned out, not even the when...tomorrow could be a ritual day, inside or outside connecting with the parts of nature that I find pleasing.    That is what made me realize I was not Pagan, I do not hold nature as sacred or holy, I only love what I love, I find it pleasing, sometimes, sometimes I think it just doesnt deserve to be here, since I am my own God I get to decide what works for me and what does not by the way so always follow your own ideas and go with it.

Hope this helped a little.

:)

herbalife

• Be Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »
When summoning a demon, one must create the right atmosphere.
The message they pass onto the reptilians is of course important and encourage them to continue with their agenda.

A human must stand in the centre pentagram so they are not devoured, and send them back to the dimension.
A reptilian does not contain that power.

Does that cover rituals?
Just Kidding.

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
Longtail, it was good meeting you at the get-together this evening!  I look forward to the local group cohering and becoming more of a community.

Yes, it was good to get out and be social a bit, we'll likely be at the fundraiser in April, as well. I enjoyed talking with you!
Joyfully, Non Serviam

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
I was raised Pagan and so I have a Pagan based altar.   In fact all of my tools are Pagan, why sell my chalice or bowl when I have a perfectly good one, because it has the symbol of the tree of life on it and not a Baphomet?   

I've been noticing that the life tree is a nearly universal symbol... been studying a lot of Old Norse mythology of late, mining the vein of Dr. Stephen Flowers' extensive works on Germanic traditions, so Ygdrassil is much in my mind when I say that.  We've been working on the ritual/meditation room and have it to the point that sheet rock is done, just need to tape the corners and sand, and hopefully it can get primed this weekend, and painted next.
Joyfully, Non Serviam

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
When summoning a demon, one must create the right atmosphere.
The message they pass onto the reptilians is of course important and encourage them to continue with their agenda.

A human must stand in the centre pentagram so they are not devoured, and send them back to the dimension.
A reptilian does not contain that power.

Does that cover rituals?

Hehehe... now, I realize this is sarcasm, but I'm having fun doing what I'm doing. In my opinion, the only reptilians involved are the "reptile brain" located at the base of our own. We do seem to have layers of consciousness/unconsciousness, and my goal is to have more direct communication with those other parts of the mind. "Creating the right atmosphere" can actually be rather helpful in that process!  I tend to think that anyone who is so afraid of their own Daemons as to feel the need to cage them in a protective circle probably shouldn't be making the attempt. 
   One thing that tends to make me feel I'm on the right path for myself, is that I see so many authors for whom I have great respect, who have followed a similar process:  an antinomian phase where the cultural baggage is rejected, and the isolate self hardened off a bit to withstand the assaults of our daily world, and a reforming of one's life into patterns that better suit the individual. Lots of hard work on introspection and meditation to manifest the beauty contained within!
Joyfully, Non Serviam