Author Topic: Day Job and Fear of Backlash  (Read 695 times)

Esteban

• View Profile
Day Job and Fear of Backlash
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:10:19 PM »
Was anyone else scared to join TST due to social stigma? One of the reasons I was so apprehensive to join TST was because of my job. I'm a clinical therapist by day and my life is basically an open record for the government and new employers. I was scared of the backlash if anyone were to find out that I'm a member. However, I grew increasingly worried as the political tide has changed. The Christian Terrorists are emboldened by the new regime coming to power in this country. In the end I gave up what little hesitation I had and have been a proud member for about a week. I'm thrilled to find like-minded individuals. Praise Satan.
-Steve
Religion is comparable to childhood neurosis- Freud

MALucifer821

• View Profile
Re: Day Job and Fear of Backlash
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:20:06 AM »
As soon as I posted that I joined TST, the next day my coworker gal-pal was all "right on 🤘🏼" and stuff 😉

Zane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
Was anyone else scared to join TST due to social stigma? One of the reasons I was so apprehensive to join TST was because of my job. I'm a clinical therapist by day and my life is basically an open record for the government and new employers.

Not sure why your employers would need to know of your Satanic affiliation unless you volunteer that information. I also work in the healthcare business (and we have an office in your area as well) - it's never been an issue for me. I openly wear the Sigil Of Baphomet every day when I head into the office and have never been challenged over it. All of my co-workers know I have "Satanic leanings" but evidently don't care since no conflict has ever arisen over the fact - and some of them have been Christians and Muslims as well. Maybe I'm "lucky" to work for a tolerant company that constantly promotes "equal opportunity" and actually sticks by that statement, understanding that what one personally believes doesn't necessarily translate into how well one does his/her job.

jhew86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »
Pretty sure it would be illegal for anyone to discriminate against you based on "religious" affiliation. Im a Nurse and I'm not shy about my status as a member. Just don't cram it down anyone's throats and they have no reason to complain.
Ave Satanas

samowens84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »
Pretty sure it would be illegal for anyone to discriminate against you based on "religious" affiliation. Im a Nurse and I'm not shy about my status as a member. Just don't cram it down anyone's throats and they have no reason to complain.

It may be illegal to do so, but you might find your job a little less secure as people might be looking for any excuse, real or made up, to censure you.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
TST is like the Fuzzy care bares of Satanic Religion. Never bothered to say anything. But then I am just a farmer who moonlights for the government.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
   I tend to carefully select who at work I will talk about it with. The general manager is a strange contradiction of beliefs... an intelligent, capable man that somehow is able to believe the world is only 5000 years old, human caused climate change is a hoax, and that Trump is a worthwhile human being. You'd have to work with him to get the intelligent part, as he surprisingly is. Only thing I can figure there is that he's somehow just using the Christian stuff as a good guy badge, while not actually believing in it. He knows I'm not a Christian, and is ok with that, but we've come to the point where we just don't debate religion anymore, agree to disagree, and still get along OK. I am openly Satanic with some others there.
   Like esteban, I do worry about the current trend in the US, but that is actually what motivated me to join TST, for the political aspects of it. Hopefully it won't come down to jackbooted thugs in Jesus armbands breaking down our doors and dragging us off; the current situation very much makes me think of Germany as the fascists were gaining traction in the leadup to WWII.
   As to the illegality of being fired for religious affiliations... I have experienced being fired for trying to add a male partner to my insurance policy at work, up in Washington state. They spun it as being unrelated, but the two events occurred in the same week, with a new manager that was pretty homophobic. It would have been a difficult case to prove, on my part, so I just let it go and moved on. Point being that people will do whatever they can get away with, and unless you have a lot of money for legal action, they can often get away with blatantly illegal discrimination.

Joyfully, Non Serviam

Daemon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
I know this is a bit of a necro post, but I just joined today. Friends and family I dont care about finding out, I have an upside down cross tattooed on me that I've had for nearly 8 years; but it has a bit of an atheistic metaphorical meaning given the context of the Latin I chose to go with it, but I own a fairly new and budding software company. I started out making apps on my own, and it grew as the demand did, and I must admit that, despite my fairly incognito status as a company owner, the idea of a company owned by a Satanist being public knowledge does feel pretty daunting. I'm fairly secure though, my name and company is pretty small right now, and I've had all links with my name in it removed so far. If it weren't for fear of losing potential business opportunities as an owner, I wouldn't care at all.

A lot of my fellow workers are surprised to see my tattoos out of my normal work attire.
Ave Atque Vale