Author Topic: Does anyone belong to more than one Satanist organization?  (Read 286 times)

MALucifer821

• View Profile
Does anyone belong to more than one Satanist organization?
« on: December 12, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »
Hi there everyone! So, weird question, but here it is: Does anyone belong to more than one Satanist organization? Like TST AND COS, or TST AND Sect of The Horned God? I just wanna know the rules to something like that so I'm not deemed "unfaithful", or anything like that. I'm just a part of TST right now.

TwentyEcho

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone belong to more than one Satanist organization?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 06:55:28 AM »
I've read alot about The Church of Satan since I was an angsty teenager and I thought it was interesting, even back then. However even at the young age of 15 I wasn't very attracted to OVERLY theatrical and mystified spiritual or theistic organizations. I'm not familiar with the other group you mentioned.

I would say of course you can freely associate with any group of people you like, but to me many other Satanist groups are too based in supernatural beliefs. What drew me to The Satanic Temple was their atheistic approach to religion (which was an interesting and novel idea when I first considered it) and activism for civil liberties.

Ahto

• In my infinite ambivalence.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone belong to more than one Satanist organization?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 07:02:42 AM »
I just wanna know the rules to something like that so I'm not deemed "unfaithful", or anything like that. I'm just a part of TST right now.

As long as you can reconcile the 7 tenets with the other organization's beliefs, I think everyone here will still accept you. Those 7 tenets are ultimately all that matters. There are a few active members here who're also a part of the CoS. And while I consider the CoS's philosophy to be ethically questionable at best, I still consider those people to be legitimate followers of Temple Satanism (AKA Satanic Templarism, maybe?).