Author Topic: Spiders in satanism  (Read 859 times)

RealSpiders

• View Profile
Spiders in satanism
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:39:05 PM »
Does anyone know any good satanistic content that contains spiders, or know of any times where spiders have been used as a symbol in satanism? It seems like they would go together but mostly I just see goats as the animal sumbol. I think bugs in general would be a good symbol in satanism because they are really important and beneficial but often perceived as harmful and unjustly feared. Thoughts?
Always ready to talk about spiders

Ahto

• In my infinite ambivalence.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiders in satanism
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:43:38 AM »
IIRC, the After School Satan video briefly features a spider.

The symbolism you brought up actually makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't extend it to non-insectivorous insects, but arachnids and other insectovores get a bad rap. Especially spiders. All they do is chill out and filterfeed on bugs that would otherwise contaminate your food, suck your blood, etc.

And you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a spider to bite you. You need to be really trying.

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:22:16 AM »
Oh I beleive it, I am stidying to become an arachnologist :D. Just yesterday I held a pinktoe tralantula that was obviously frightend (she ran REAL fast, i felt bad about having to catch her but otherwise she would have gotten loose in the pet store and have been in danger.) but she didnt even show any threat displays or flick hairs. Even in more aggresive spiders they tend to flock hairs (if tralantulas) or do a threat display first. If they do bite, it tends to be a dry bite, because venom takes energy to make and they dont want to waste it on a non food item. Most things people call spider bites are actually bacterial infections.

Haha i dont know why i said all that im autistic I info dumped. Maybe this info will be helpful to someone even though you probably already know it

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
Oh my gosh thag video though!!! Those spiders are so small and cute but oh my gosh thag brown recluse just SUPLEXED the black widow into the water RUDE. It was so cute tho like... Why am i surrounded by water please help me...

I didnt know thag pesticides caused neeve damadge to brown recluse. Yet another reason not to ise them. (I am very strongly against pestacide. If people here would like to help me campaign against them, that wpuld be cool. Feel free to ask why they are bad if you don't know )

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:25:45 PM »
Just wanted to say feel free to comment or post spider videos even if you dont think its super relevant to satanism. It is fun fun board, and i kinda just wanted the excuse to see who else here likes spiders :P

Ahto

• In my infinite ambivalence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 06:36:08 AM »
Just wanted to say feel free to comment or post spider videos even if you dont think its super relevant to satanism. It is fun fun board, and i kinda just wanted the excuse to see who else here likes spiders :P

Really? Well in that case have you seen the spider subreddit? It's more pictures than videos but it's really cool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spiders/top/

And by the way, I had no idea spiders could "dry bite". I kind of assumed injecting the venom was an involuntary reflex. That's cool to know!

And don't be too embarrassed about saying you're autistic. I think it does make sense, because it explains part of your personality. And it's refreshing to know stuff like that about people up-front. :) Just so we're even, I have social anxiety disorder. :P

Oh and I am a little curious about your stance on pesticides. If farmers shouldn't use pesticides to protect their crops, what would be a safer/kinder alternative?

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 08:00:39 AM »
Thank you for the link, i'll check it out!

Pesticides are only neccesary for farming because of monocroping; which destroys the natrual ecosystem which would have contained preditors that would have eaten pests. Monocroping also leads to high rates of farmer suicide, because if just one crop fails their entire livilyhood is down the drain and their family will likily starve, because that one crop is all they had. Planting multiple kinds of crops allows ecosystems to go back, which combined with the introduction of natrual preditors will get rid of the need for pesticides. This also increases soil quality and decrease the risk of all of ones crops being destroyed, which imo is a good business investment as well. The reason monocroping is so widespread is because its cheaper at the start up, and is generally considered easier to do.

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 08:07:16 AM »
As for why pesticides are bad, they dont actually make pesticides that can target a specific animal. If something is marketed as 'ant' posion or 'scorpion' poision, the marketing is purposefully misleading you. Its just poision. This poision gets into everything; the bugs first, and then the animals which eat the bugs. It gets into streams and rivers, and into the food we eat.

A major impact of pesticides is colony collasps disorder, which is killing off honey bees, which we use to polonate crops commercially. There are other polonaters, but because of monocroping, there are no natrual polinators on many farms, and honey bees have to be shipped there when the plants can be polinated, and then shipped somewhere else because when that one plants polination season is over; the bees will starve with no flowers to make honey from the nectre of.

Please note that collony collasps disorder has other possible causes.

Also, thank you for sharing your disorder in responce to me saying Im autistic. It is nice of you. I didnt know how to respond at first which is why im saying it at the end.

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:16:59 PM »
  Spiders would tend to make some sense in Satanism, symbolically; as they tend to be loners, ( Correct me if I'm wrong about that)  as opposed to very social sheep.

I, too, am opposed to the use of pesticides and herbicides in my own little corner of the world. We have a small place on which we are growing more and more food every year, not using anyhting stronger than "safer soap", and not even that, for a couple of years. Nicotinoid pesticides  kill bees, as well as the pests you're presumably targeting. My philosophy is that  the insect and arachnid lifeforms, as well as fungi and and bacteria need to be in balance and healthy in order to have a healthy ecosystem to grow nourishing food in. Sometimes this means that certain plants are just not going to work in certain areas, for example, I would have a very hard time growing cole crops like cabbage in my area due to whiteflies. We do also grow a huge variety of different things, so one plant not working out isn't a big deal, there are plenty of others. ( This would be very labor intensive on a megafarm scale, it only works here by means of staying small)

Every spring, we get a huge hatchout of some little black spiders... not sure what they are, but they are pretty damn cool!  I will be running around barefoot in grass, trying not to squish them, watching them run around in black waves. Not sure exactly what kind they are, as they are tiny when I see them in large numbers, should probably research them a bit.
Joyfully, Non Serviam

Krumble

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »
I don't know why people get so upset about spiders being in their home. They just want to hang out, maybe play some GameCube. They even pay rent. That change you find in your couch, that's them. Poor little guys.

Eliza

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 10:11:23 AM »
Spiders do carry some symbolism: femininity, creativity and outsider status for example. I've ran into femininity considering their special behaviour and qualities (depending on species, females tend to be larger than males and live longer. Also female eats the male after mating) but also on pagan religions, myths and fantasy novels (like R.A Salvatore's books, where drow elfs have notable connection between females and spiders). I think that creativity is very important quality in Satanism (well, for me it is) and we also carry strong outsider status. So when thinking of symbolism I find that spiders and Satanism match great. :)

I actually am scared of spiders. But not tarantulas, they're so big and fluffy. Maybe I'll get my own tarantula some day, they are very interesting creatures. I don't like small spiders, because they can lurk in my clothes and hair. I sometimes have nightmares about spiders, but getting acquainted with tarantulas has helped a lot with my arachnophobia.

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »
  The Choctaw people have Grandmother Spider in the role of the provider of fire to humankind, much like Prometheus. I'm having a hard time finding the context, but I remember being told that "Spider Woman" was the one to call on for times where you need a bad situation completely unraveled; she is considered very dangerous though, as such unravellings can be rather devastating to order in one's life.
Joyfully, Non Serviam

herbalife

• Be Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
It is well known that spiders are a symbol of the Illuminati.

Which is why they are so symbolic of them.

But one thing a spider does is infiltrate a nest of say wasps...and slowly but surely it lays its eggs and they can hatch, and they can infiltrate and take over and eventually destroy the nest.

This is a worrying thing, and happens all the time with christian churches in particular.
Where as satanism is much more closed off and reserved...and secretive there is less chance of that happening unless the person actually knows what they are doing!!!

I noticed David Icke talks about Spiders webs often on this video

Spider web and Spider woman and men.

All in all, its interesting. But I seriously doubt a christian would ever infiltrate a satanist society.

I have a theory, but it is only a theory that many poisonous spiders are creations of the reptilians, from genetic hybrid experiments.

Which is an interesting discussion topic.
This is so they can cause death to humans and havoc in unexpected places.
In New Zealand there is only a white tail...but depending on any inside sneaky-ness many other spiders may have been released in an attempt to start them to breed, I sure hope not.

But like many genetic experiments, werewolves, the goatman....poisonous spiders may be a genetic creation it seems, where as other spiders are not poisonous at all.
They have also been injected with genetics as you say to make them capable of deciding to use their venom or not.

But then again why have a weapon for defence if you are not going to use it?
I suppose it is possible.

Darklore is what it is
Just Kidding.