Author Topic: So Tell Me, What's Our Role in this Volatile Political Environment?  (Read 525 times)

JD Raum

• West Coast Satanic Temple Member
    • View Profile
Sorry to be a downer, but I am look for people with clear and erudite ideas around TST involvement in the political spectrum and speaking up for the organization. It's a bit of a cross roads right now and the best minds and ideas around shaping the future are more than welcome than ever. It's that simple.
West Coast member of The Satanic Temple.
Integrity. Truth. Action.

DissectionFan

Re: So Tell Me, What's Our Role in this Volatile Political Environment?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 12:13:30 PM »
I don't think The Satanic Temple or any Satanic org could, or would, have a preferred political party or specific political agenda that its members "have to" abide by; the very notion of that is against the freedom of thought that Satanism is supposed to embrace. We should now as always before think for ourselves.

As for my role? I suppose the only thing I or anyone else can do is spread the word about what I see going on and how I interpret it, and what I see isn't very good. What I see is a new breed of thinly veiled fascist ideology masquerading as "tolerance, political correctness, and inclusiveness."

The guilty parties run the gamut, all the way from university student "social justice warriors" (and the scumbag professors who're brainwashing them) who want to help tear down our 1st amendment and force us to think only their way, to crooked politicians who are controlled by "them," who of course come from {CENSORED} and who want to flood, overrun (and eventually ruin) our country and Europe with a massive influx of "migrants and refugees."

What I see are hyper-liberal scumbags who believe that racism is such a profound problem above all other problems that the only solution is the very EXTINCTION of separate races and the destruction of separate cultures through race-mixing/inter-breeding; as if the very idea of separate races is somehow inherently evil and against nature (enter the scourge of multiculturalism).

Perhaps the most guilty of all is the media; after all that's what we're bombarded with every day and it's also controlled by 'them' from {CENSORED}, who seem to be attempting to make it a literal crime for people to be "offended" by others' (politically incorrect) viewpoints. Enter the scourge of the so-called "social justice warriors" who actually believe that tolerance is something you can coerce upon people by being JUST AS BIGOTED, RACIST AND SEXIST as the very people they're supposedly "fighting" against (after all, they do call themselves "warriors" don't they?).

I've gone on and on about this in other posts in different sections so I'm not going to be too long-winded. However, the negative impact of these people is obvious in this very post and that fact that I felt the need to censor it, out of concern it may "offend" another member of TST and/or break the rules of "forum common courtesy."

In a nutshell, what should Satanists do? They should fight against ANY kind of brainwashing, totalitarian, or dogmatic agenda or thought process, whether it comes from the far left, the far right, Democrats, Republicans, or even within THIS VERY ORGANIZATION ITSELF (I disagree, for example, with the idea that "to be a Satanist, you MUST be a feminist," and not simply for the fact that I find the statement to be self-contradictory; I will expound on this on a later post where I will describe how I feel that you can still abide by all of the tenets without having a staunchly feminist world-view).

Master Necromancer

• I'd rather die living, than live already dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »
In my opinion, I see us as rather similar politically to groups like the ACLU and Amnesty International.

By that I mean the philosophy is structured around secular humanism, but with a heavy emphasis on standing up for those being denied basic human rights, regardless of the political climate. In this way, I could see our little merry band of misfits running afoul of authoritarians on both the right and left.

If I had to place us on the political compass, I think we'd be left libertarian. On the left with regards to socio-economic issues, but libertarian with regards to personal freedoms.
Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.

-Martin Luther

TwentyEcho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
In my opinion, I see us as rather similar politically to groups like the ACLU and Amnesty International.

By that I mean the philosophy is structured around secular humanism, but with a heavy emphasis on standing up for those being denied basic human rights, regardless of the political climate. In this way, I could see our little merry band of misfits running afoul of authoritarians on both the right and left.

If I had to place us on the political compass, I think we'd be left libertarian. On the left with regards to socio-economic issues, but libertarian with regards to personal freedoms.

I would certainly agree. The Third and Fourth Tenets screams the non-aggression principal which is a part of the foundation of the philosophy of Libertarianism.  Check out guys like Adam Kokesh, Tom Hyland, or Mike Adams for other YouTube activists. Political influences would obviously be Gary Johnson (Sorta) or Rand or Ron Paul. Only the big names and I doubt they would eve want to put their name near TST but that's because they wouldn't want a huge portion of the country to disdain them.

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 12:23:07 AM »
I will expound on this on a later post where I will describe how I feel
Please do not.
Now more than ever.