Author Topic: LaBelle Florida DMV  (Read 732 times)

SpicyDinosaur

• View Profile
LaBelle Florida DMV
« on: October 17, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »
Hi, this is my first post so I hope I am in the right place.

Today I was at the DMV in LaBelle Florida (east coast, I live there and have for about a decade.) This was my second time there because they have ridiculous requirements to get your license renewed. The DMV itself is a small section of the registration and renewal area in the local courthouse.

The first thing I noticed, now that there was a longer line and I was sitting further back were a selection of reading materials made available. All appeared to be evangelist, and the front and center one showed the white house lit up in rainbow colors with the headline "Embracing Sin, Defying God." When I commented on this to my boyfriend, the women next to us poited out a chalkboard that was filled with biblical quotes. We were all at the very least unsettled, and I with my rainbow bracelets wasn't sure how I would be treated.

To be clear they treated me fine, but this stuff doesn't seem at all appropriate so very visible to the public in a government office.

There's no chapter here, and I would love to participate in one, though I am on disability for anxiety and bipolar related disorders and would be a poor person to start one up.

Any advice or action that can be taken? LaBelle's a very small rural town, so keep that in mind, and I suspect they will put up a fight to keep that stuff up there.
Revenge is as pointless as music.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
Re: LaBelle Florida DMV
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
Write to your governor immediately, that is not ok for a governmental building!

SpicyDinosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:14:33 PM »
hahaha You don't know our governor. Look up Rick Scott. Anything I do has to be on the local level. Governor Skeletor would back them.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 04:03:38 PM »
Contact the liberal party members in your area.

SpicyDinosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
the problem is, for some of the local representatives, there wasn't even a democratic options.

I live in a small cattle ranching town. Getting even the liberals interested in inappropriate christian exposure is unlikely.

DO we have texts that I can place in the container the evangelist magazines were in?

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:13:49 AM »
I'm not sure but you could always make your own.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »
Provided it is legal to photograph the DMV, you should consider documenting this extensively. You can use said evidence to get the Freedom From Religion foundation involved, or maybe just lampoon them via social media.