Author Topic: Presidential Election.  (Read 635 times)

notHUMANrun

• View Profile
Presidential Election.
« on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:59 PM »
For the sake of discussion, as a Satanist, who do support for President.
My Will Be Done

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: Presidential Election.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 01:09:52 AM »
Neither
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

DissectionFan

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 03:54:06 AM »
well, with Shillary, the best we can hope for is the status quo (a downwardly spiraling nightmare of communist multiculturalism)

with Trump, things could get a LOT worse...or who knows a lot better (in some really bizarre, unforeseeable way)

so I'll take the coin toss and go with Trump ;)

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 04:39:43 AM »
Worst thing about Trump? He's an asshole.

Worst thing about Hillary? She's a career criminal who belongs in prision for life.

I don't like either candidates and don't believe I'll vote this year but if there were a gun to my head, I'd go with Trump. Easy. Everytime. Only because the other option is Hillary.
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Scarecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »
I'll most likely be sitting this election out. Maybe I'll go out there and give a third party a vote just to get out of the house that day but I'll probably end up staying home and trying to do something productive.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 11:41:41 AM »
I support Clinton. Not because I think she has done nothing wrong, I do. But at the same time, I think she has done many things to benefit the American people. She is fallible, but she is progressive. Trump is an appalling excuse for a man let alone a candidate. He has no temperament worthy of being within the same county as the nuclear codes, let alone the one who gets to push that button. He is insulting where it is grievously unwarranted, he throws tantrum like a two-year-old with a toupee, and his policies just blatantly won't benefit anyone but the upper class. Don't like him, vote independent, but don't hate Hillary so much that you vote for him out of spite.

laughlibertine

• Drink coffee, listen to Bowie and Hail Satan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 02:16:03 AM »
Looks like the FuckTrumpet has sounded his victory horn... As a bisexual woman, I'm fucking terrified. Clinton was by no means perfect, but for shits sake at least she is progressive about climate change, protecting important social services and promoting access to higher education as well as maintaining legislation to protect minority groups who will surely suffer under the iron fist of a Trump regime.

Trump may have swayed some with his cult of personality, but he's only just begun the first steps of this long con he's pulling on the American people.

DissectionFan

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 07:37:00 PM »
Someone told me today that before Trump can be sworn in, he has to be cleared of wrongdoing regarding Trump University, which I heard was possibly a total fraud, which could (or will) go to trial  ::)

Selwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 10:07:37 PM »
Looks like the FuckTrumpet has sounded his victory horn... As a bisexual woman, I'm fucking terrified. Clinton was by no means perfect, but for shits sake at least she is progressive about climate change, protecting important social services and promoting access to higher education as well as maintaining legislation to protect minority groups who will surely suffer under the iron fist of a Trump regime.

Trump may have swayed some with his cult of personality, but he's only just begun the first steps of this long con he's pulling on the American people.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! As a lesbian transwoman living in a red state, I too am utterly terrified of a president whose platform is built on sweeping generalizations and fearmongering founded in racism, sexism, xenophobia, and virtually every other form of bigotry, using every rhetorical tool of the mob leaders who once had free-thinkers and outcasts like every one of us here tortured, hanged, and burned at the stake.  In a political climate that reacts to my right to use public bathrooms with violence whilst under the administration of a progressive black president, I know these next four years are going to be a real challenge, especially since I'm still in the process of transitioning but well past the point of no return.

I agree with you entirely that Hillary Clinton (imperfections be damned) was the obvious choice because she supports the hard-fought progress won over the last eight years by Barack Obama that we are all happy about, which her opponent swore to immediately undo upon taking office.  And for hell's sake, she obviously would have put someone on the supreme court who would support women's rights, someone who understands that one's body is inviolable, subject to one's own will alone.  Trump has promised to fill the seat with someone who is anti-choice which puts our entire religious reproductive rights campaign in jeopardy, a campaign which could singlehandedly take down both arbitrary waiting periods (with bonus Christian misinformation propaganda) as well as the precedence set by the hobby lobby ruling!

But what's done is done, the collective arbitrary authority we have been so passionately rebelling against has taken a fittingly ugly singular physical form and has seized the highest throne in the land.  Now is the time to take a note from the revolt of the angels and revolt, not with force but with education, enlightenment, and knowledge.  Let's now work together to mitigate the ensuing chaos and give these theocratic rulers a thorn in their side that will drive them to worry for the favor of our nation in the eyes of their imaginary god, leading them to drink themselves to an early grave to the betterment of humanity.