Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 488 times)

Calc

Thanksgiving
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:50:52 AM »
Hello everyone! Happy Thanksgiving (in canada that is)! So I have a questiom for you all. Has there been a time for any of you, where you had an argument with a relative regarding your Satanic lifestyle at a family function such as Thanksgiving, Xmas etc? If so, how did you handle it? I have my FiancÚ's thanksgiving to go to, though her family is religiously fanatical. I love to hear other's experiences, it helps me learn  ;D

samowens84

• View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »
I don't have arguments cause my family doesn't know. I imagine if they are "fanatical" then I would suspect that no amount of words will probably make being a satanist ok for them. I'd say if they don't know don't tell them, if not, then try to avoid the topic. If they have any class then they either invited you knowing what you are, or they don't know. in those two scenarios I'd imagine drama isn't likely. However, if they haven't accepted it yet, then there is probably no way to avoid prejudicial interrogating unless you decide not to go. Sorry, no easy way around it. That's why I'm happily in the closet with my family.

Calc

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 09:15:23 PM »
Good point. They do not know about my personal life, fortunately. Though I'm proud of being a Satanist, you are right in saying what you said-and I totally agree  :D

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 02:48:35 AM »
Good point. They do not know about my personal life, fortunately. Though I'm proud of being a Satanist, you are right in saying what you said-and I totally agree  :D

While growing up i went to many a friends house, I would just not bring anything up. Now my wife and her mother do all the holidays.  Yet it's for the food. or for the kids that we do Christmas. We don't pray on thank's giving. My wife and my son and I exchange one gift on Winters solstice. 

My wife and son both are satanists so that helps. I could never go out with someone etc and them not know.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:26:12 PM by Alchemist16AD »
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .