Author Topic: Women's Rights Activism on the West Coast  (Read 475 times)

MalexMizer12

• View Profile
Women's Rights Activism on the West Coast
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a newer member and avid supporter of all the campaigns that have been happening with The Temple. I'm super happy that Portland's Chapter is open for business and got the After School Satan program going. I plan on donating to the effort as soon as I can.

Unfortunately, I live in Florence, Oregon on the coast, a much less progressive and diverse place than Portland and other surrounding areas along I-5. To give numbers, Florence rests along Highway 101 and stretches roughly 3 miles in length (~8k population?). In those three miles, there are 15 different Christian churches of various sects, 0 mosques, 0 buddhist temples, 0 synagogues, or alternative religious organization minus one hard-working Unitarian Universalist Church and I may very well be the only Satanist in town. Our one and only hospital is Catholic in nature and refuses electoral abortions, vasectomies, and tubal ligations. In middle school I had a Sex-Ed class...now there is no such class to be found anywhere in the School District here. On top of that, Planned Parenthood here permanently closed its doors because the demographic (elderly, white, God-fearing people) didn't support it--I'm sure the constant picketing didn't help--and, in it's place, we have a Crisis Pregnancy Center that, as you may assume, is Christian in nature and extremely biased/borderline criminal in their false data spewing and Pro-Life agenda with their pamphlets, DVDs, courses, and Bibles strewn throughout the establishment on almost every shelf and desk top.

Long story short: Women's rights here are dictated by the religious majority unless they plan to travel inland to Eugene and I plan on making efforts to push back wherever I can.

Do you guys have any ideas on what can be done here on a legal basis to get a more balanced viewpoint on reproductive rights here in Florence? I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you all. Hail Satan.

-Ax

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Rights Activism on the West Coast
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:49:02 AM »
Have you talked to the local government? I used to live in Lorane, Oregon, so I definitely know where you are coming from. This is a grievous situation that needs to be rectified. Bring the media in. Call the big stations. Start a campaign to open a secular hospital. Speak to the minority religious groups and express your desire to see them open in your community.

CristalFlesh

• View Profile
    • etsy shop
Re: Women's Rights Activism on the West Coast
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:49:27 PM »
I've gone to Florence more than a few times to relax with my dog. It's got a small coastal town vibe, like the other few towns I've visited.

I wonder if maybe you have any female friends or neighbors that would like to get together is support of young females in the area. Like Potlucks with health discussions and movie nights.  I love getting a positive crowd together in a warm environment were everyone is trusting. Maybe that could help?
IG: CristalRemains