Author Topic: We must distance ourselves from SJW'S  (Read 3932 times)

DissectionFan

Re: We must distance ourselves from SJW'S
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 05:18:53 AM »
Benjamin T. Awesome:

I'm not going to hold you completely to blame for your ignorance. You are likely either a current or recent graduate of our nation's public university (far-left, radical, libtard, multicultural brainwashing scheme) system. So for that reason alone, I'm going to try and remain semi-polite. However, your obviously left-wing RADICAL leanings are so repugnant to me that it's going to be nearly impossible. See, that ball probably left the park already, haha. I can say with absolute confidence that if YOU (an apparently brainwashed, far-left, radical SJW who wants nothing more than free speech to be suppressed, and all of us "evil white men" to cower in silence, feel guilty/apologize for "stepping on someone's precious and overly-sensitive feelings," and graciously accept your insane left-wing agenda) are a member of this organization, then I am not. I am not going to do you the courtesy of recognizing you as a member of TST (not that I'm purporting to be any sort of authority figure within TST-this is simply to state that you and I have -nothing- in common). No legitimate member of this group should be so close-minded as to feel the need to dissect each and every statement made by others and force them instead to accept your femi-Nazi (not feminist, yes there IS a difference), communist viewpoints.

It's really funny that you bring up slavery btw; what about the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of EUROPEAN (white) people that Arabs and Muslims forced and sold into slavery to Jews and Turks over THOUSANDS of years? Are you SJW's going to go up in arms about that, and demand reparations and that all current Arabs and Muslims feel "guilt?" NO,  you aren't, because that would not be very POLITICALLY CORRECT of you, now would it? You even proved it yourself, you're essentially "pro Black-Panther" --you're just as radical, you just want to make sure you're on the right side of the current politically correct side of that radical. The Black Panthers were a violent, hateful and racist bunch of thugs that advocated and enacted assassinations of police officers (you know, that job you're probably too much of a coward to do, but have no problem calling them a bunch of corrupt, murdering psychopaths along with the rest of BLM).

One final question: Do you literally read and believe each and everything the mainstream media shoves down your throat? You could not possibly hold the viewpoints you do, if you truly looked at the world from an objective and impartial frame of mind. I am not going to continue to debate someone who is so close-minded and ignorant. Please try to open up your mind (something that any "Satanist" should already be pretty damn good at doing) to alternative sources of news media, information, history, cultural experiences, and social awareness. It would do you a world of good. 

On a final note, I'm sure you feel I've insulted your intelligence. It may seem that I have, but I have not. I've insulted how you have chosen to USE your intelligence. I actually did read your spiel on "why choose TST" because you struck me as someone who DOES have the ability to think, and noticed you studied astrophysics. SO you obviously have a brain, you just need to use it more for YOURSELF, instead of becoming another sheep in the disgustingly politically correct machine of modern mainstream media rhetoric ;) 

NO WHITE GUILT. FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. THINK FOR YOURSELF. HAIL SATAN.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 09:53:10 AM »
First off, if there are Satanic Temple members who believe that America is a rape culture, that's fine. They're allowed to believe whatever the hell they want. Not all of us here have to agree on everything 100% to share this wonderful religion. I believe that it's not a rape culture. Look at South africa and several countries in the middle east. THAT is a rape culture. The women are raped and there is almost always little to no justice. In America I can get fired for making a rape joke. Men get sent to prision on just the accusation alone. As for the jock talk that's come up recently in the election, that doesn't mean we have a rape culture. It just means we have assholes on our country who think they can get away with anything. Look how many GOP members have vilified him and withdrawn support. His campaign took quite a hit.  Bill Clinton got away with his actual sexual assault due to his wife silencing and attacking the victims.

Who are you to decide where the line is drawn between rape culture and not rape culture? Why can't they both be rape cultures? Nobody is arguing that the United States has laws that are as regressive and misogynistic as Saudi Arabia's, or that rape happens as frequently in the United States as it does in South Africa, but that doesn't mean it isn't also a rape culture. This is tantamount to me saying that a Lamborghini Gallardo has bad gas mileage, at 15 mpg, then you saying that's not bad because you can find examples of cars with worse gas mileage, such as the Hummer H2 with 12 mpg. The Gallardo still gets bad gas mileage, just like America can still be called a rape culture even if there are countries with higher instances of rape.

And as for the fascist bit. Yes there are fascists in any group and there should always be distance between fascist and the non fascist groups. I didn't say fascists because I wanted to specifically talk about radical SJW'S. Yes my title could have been more specific, but on the very FIRST post in the thread I made, I described the type of SJW I was talking about.

You still haven't convinced me you're talking about anyone with radical ideas; you just seem to want me to distance myself from people who don't believe the same things you do. It seems pretty normal to me to believe that America is a rape culture, for instance, and I wouldn't seriously consider distancing myself from people who believe that, and I'd think someone urging me to do so is misguided. Maybe you don't agree, but to suggest the idea is somehow "radical" or unfounded doesn't add up. I wouldn't call someone who believes that it is or is not a rape culture radical based on that belief alone. A lot of people don't even have a clear understanding of what that term even means.

So, if that's the type of SJW you want me to distance myself from, no thanks.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 10:44:59 AM »
I'm not going to hold you completely to blame for your ignorance. You are likely either a current or recent graduate of our nation's public university (far-left, radical, libtard, multicultural brainwashing scheme) system. So for that reason alone, I'm going to try and remain semi-polite.

I can usually tell I've won an argument when the other party attacks me and can't stick to the ideas.

However, your obviously left-wing RADICAL leanings are so repugnant to me that it's going to be nearly impossible.

I don't accept the idea that a radical belief is a bad belief, but no one has convinced me yet that I've said anything radical here. Everything I've said conforms to common sense and does not require any mind-bending effort to understand. Nothing I've said transcends the Seven Tenets to accept, whereas a lot of what you have said (calling for selfishness, being willing to ignore injustice) is in direct conflict with the Seven Tenets. I'm still perplexed why you're even here trying to tell people in the Satanic Temple they should conform to beliefs that are entirely at odds with the very mission and tenets they've all agreed to.

See, that ball probably left the park already, haha. I can say with absolute confidence that if YOU (an apparently brainwashed, far-left, radical SJW who wants nothing more than free speech to be suppressed, and all of us "evil white men" to cower in silence, feel guilty/apologize for "stepping on someone's precious and overly-sensitive feelings," and graciously accept your insane left-wing agenda) are a member of this organization, then I am not. I am not going to do you the courtesy of recognizing you as a member of TST (not that I'm purporting to be any sort of authority figure within TST-this is simply to state that you and I have -nothing- in common). No legitimate member of this group should be so close-minded as to feel the need to dissect each and every statement made by others and force them instead to accept your femi-Nazi (not feminist, yes there IS a difference), communist viewpoints.

So you would rather live in a fantasy world where you pretend I'm not a member of the Satanic Temple? You're welcome to do that, I guess. But, then again, one of our tenets says that "beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world" and that "we should take care never to distort scientific fact to fit our beliefs." Unfortunately for your illusory preferences, I really am a member of the Satanic Temple, and that fact is scientifically verifiable. Deal with it. And, yes, you really should learn to deal with people who don't share your beliefs. That is what the First Tenet is about. You don't see me in here making personal attacks, because I actually do empathize with you.

It's really funny that you bring up slavery btw; what about the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of EUROPEAN (white) people that Arabs and Muslims forced and sold into slavery to Jews and Turks over THOUSANDS of years? Are you SJW's going to go up in arms about that, and demand reparations and that all current Arabs and Muslims feel "guilt?" NO,  you aren't, because that would not be very POLITICALLY CORRECT of you, now would it? You even proved it yourself, you're essentially "pro Black-Panther" --you're just as radical, you just want to make sure you're on the right side of the current politically correct side of that radical. The Black Panthers were a violent, hateful and racist bunch of thugs that advocated and enacted assassinations of police officers (you know, that job you're probably too much of a coward to do, but have no problem calling them a bunch of corrupt, murdering psychopaths along with the rest of BLM).

I'm sticking to my position that the Black Panthers were good and the KKK is bad. We've been talking in this thread about how certain people can be fascists and there are bad apples in every group. My contention is the Black Panthers, based on their founding principles, was a morally upright group. The KKK, based on its founding principles, however, was an immoral, fascist group. They were founded to "restore white supremacy," which means they advocated legally enforcing a higher sociopolitical status for white people than for other people. I don't think that is a just cause, whereas the Black Panthers were founded on principles of justice. Now, have both groups had bad actors and fascists in them? Of course. The difference is one group was founded to do malicious acts and be fascist, and that group is the KKK.

One final question: Do you literally read and believe each and everything the mainstream media shoves down your throat? You could not possibly hold the viewpoints you do, if you truly looked at the world from an objective and impartial frame of mind. I am not going to continue to debate someone who is so close-minded and ignorant. Please try to open up your mind (something that any "Satanist" should already be pretty damn good at doing) to alternative sources of news media, information, history, cultural experiences, and social awareness. It would do you a world of good.

My beliefs are founded on logic and scientific inquiry. If you can construct a decent argument for any of your beliefs, I'm happy to hear you out. So far in this thread, though, you have not. You have instead tried to directly insult me and make a bunch of claims with no citations, no demonstration of logical rigor, no apparent understanding of the Seven Tenets of the Satanic Temple, and no sign of wanting to be benevolent or empathetic. I am still perplexed why you're even here but, unlike you, I'm not going to pretend you aren't a member of the Satanic Temple or try to bully you into leaving. I'd actually be interested in hearing your answer. You've already invoked Lavey once, which I think is misguided, since we adhere to no Laveyan doctrine, rules, statements, or notions of sins. We're an activist organization and a religion, founded on the mission and tenets to which I have already linked you.

On a final note, I'm sure you feel I've insulted your intelligence. It may seem that I have, but I have not. I've insulted how you have chosen to USE your intelligence. I actually did read your spiel on "why choose TST" because you struck me as someone who DOES have the ability to think, and noticed you studied astrophysics. SO you obviously have a brain, you just need to use it more for YOURSELF, instead of becoming another sheep in the disgustingly politically correct machine of modern mainstream media rhetoric ;)

It will come as little surprise to you that I have far too high an opinion of myself to possibly be offended by someone like you on the internet. Every time you attempt to insult me, it just shows me I am right and you cannot make a cogent counterargument to my position, so you resort to anger and personal attacks instead. I feel that I have absolutely obliterated you in this discussion, but I'm still open to you trying to "educate" me with some decent logical argumentation.

NO WHITE GUILT. FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. THINK FOR YOURSELF. HAIL SATAN.

See, you should really just shorten that to THINK FOR YOURSELF. HAIL SATAN. It is ironic you want to tell me what to think then tell me to think for myself.

DissectionFan

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 02:16:06 PM »
@ Ben T. Awesome: OY VEY! She/he's TRIGGERED, ladies and gentlemen! Quick! Get to your "safe zones!" hahhahaha

(psst...did anyone tell her/him about the freedom to offend (supposedly a TST principle))?

See, I can be PC too! I didn't assume your gender! Oh, wait. Gender no longer exists in today's "society." It isn't "biologically determined" anymore (LOL)...I almost forgot. I also don't remember signing ANYTHING saying you have to have left-wing leanings on each and every social/political issue to be in this org.

"Rape Culture?" Are you nuts? I'm fairly sure rape is still illegal and in the overwhelming majority of cases severely prosecuted here in the U.S. And I follow true crime, the justice system, prison systems, court cases, etc. far more than most people do. When it becomes legal, I guess then it can be called a rape culture. "Eye rape?" "THOUGHT rape?" what is this, George Orwell's "1984??! If someone told me they felt victimized by these "crimes," I would refer them to a really good psychiatrist (preferably one specializing in delusion/paranoia disorder).

For the record, I do plan on posting plenty of evidence to support my claims, but you have to realize, it takes time --a lot of the evidence, along with virtually every aspect of many ancient cultures, was destroyed over hundreds/thousands of years by the Christians...a group and ideology that you, an alleged "Satanist" and/or supporter of Satanism, are totally cool with, lol

and yes, it's still going on: what do you think liberal immigration {aka state-sponsored terrorism} and multiculturalism {the destruction of individual identities, censorship, fascism masquerading as 'politically correctness'} really are???

BTW: This is not high school debate club. I'm not interested in "winning" any argument. I don't know why you are either. I'm here to show that this org is not just full of meek sheep. There is no passion or conviction in anything you say, and certainly you've not said anything religious. I actually DO believe in sin, and the supernatural. But I'm not sheepish (PC) enough to hesitate saying that neither take the form of a corrupt, HEBREW, JEWISH entity. Stop using the word "we" as if you speak for this organization as a whole. It's not only arrogant; it's insulting.

You sound like a computer or a robot, programmed to spit out whatever the mass media tells you is the most "logical" answer that aligns itself with a far-left political platform. For example do you ever wonder why our (American) crime rates are so high, and Europe's are so low? It MUST be that everyone in law enforcement is a Nazi racist right? It couldn't POSSIBLY be because multiculturalism DOES NOT WORK...I feel very sorry for Europe, because they are headed soon in the same direction, and that will mark the beginning of the end......

There are so many ways the Judeo-Christian religion has destroyed, and continues to destroy the world (beginning w/ the millions of pagans who were murdered during the age of Antiquity): GENOCIDE=priests' vows of celibacy, nuns' vows of chastity....think of how many MILLIONS of white, European children that never were born? Oy Vey! I think we may be onto something here.....and yes These actions collectively do fit the UN's definition of "genocide"...yet you, and others like you, continue to treat Christianity with a mild tolerance as something to "just get along with" and not actually fight against. It's actually frightening, so many people share this same attitude.

The world is being slowly DESTROYED by people filled with -passion- (radical Islam is just one example, and Christianity, which originally was just one of many sects of Judaism, is continuing to decimate free-thinking, pagan, native European societies in more subtle ways I will elaborate on later). It will take people with the same level of passion to defend it.

There are MANY people who still take the Bible literally. It is not some antiquated notion only held by fanatics, in the way the lying mass media would have you believe. Fire must be fought with fire; not people who are meek, and unwilling to "personally attack" others because it's not PC. We cannot just roll over and let these people invade us and take over our way of life without using force unapologetically. Words and "demonstrations" will not be enough. What do you really think Christians think about you?

"And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcasses upon the carcasses of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you." Leviticus 26:30

"Let me alone, that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from under heaven: and I will make of thee a nation mightier and greater than they." Deuteronomy 9:14

"And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place." Deuteronomy 12:3

"But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed." Deuteronomy 7:23

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »
See, I can be PC too! I didn't assume your gender! Oh, wait. Gender no longer exists in today's "society." It isn't "biologically determined" anymore (LOL)...I almost forgot. I also don't remember signing ANYTHING saying you have to have left-wing leanings on each and every social/political issue to be in this org.

For reference:

Quote from: Wikipedia
Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. Depending on the context, these characteristics may include biological sex (i.e. the state of being male, female or intersex), sex-based social structures (including gender roles and other social roles), or gender identity.

You're correct that current scientific understanding indicates that gender is not biologically determined. It may or may not include biological sex, depending on the context. I'm glad to see that you're starting to understand the Seven Tenets, especially my favorite one, which is the one about how we should take care never to distort scientific facts to conform to our arbitrary beliefs but, rather, should form our beliefs based on scientific evidence and understanding. It's somewhat subtle for a lot of people to grasp but, yes, gender is about masculinity and femininity, not about being male or female.

"Rape Culture?" Are you nuts? I'm fairly sure rape is still illegal and in the overwhelming majority of cases severely prosecuted here in the U.S. And I follow true crime, the justice system, prison systems, court cases, etc. far more than most people do. When it becomes legal, I guess then it can be called a rape culture. "Eye rape?" "THOUGHT rape?" what is this, George Orwell's "1984??! If someone told me they felt victimized by these "crimes," I would refer them to a really good psychiatrist (preferably one specializing in delusion/paranoia disorder).

You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but I don't recognize you as any kind of authority as to what does or does not constitute a rape culture. I would further say that anyone who thinks that rape has to be legal for a rape culture to be present assumes enforcement of laws always happens and is unbiased and fair. That's a lot of faith in institutions of authority, and not something I share. Rape is illegal in South Africa, the example that was brought up earlier as the textbook definition of a rape culture, but I guess, by your thinking, nah, it's not a rape culture either.

For the record, I do plan on posting plenty of evidence to support my claims, but you have to realize, it takes time --a lot of the evidence, along with virtually every aspect of many ancient cultures, was destroyed over hundreds/thousands of years by the Christians...a group and ideology that you, an alleged "Satanist" and/or supporter of Satanism, are totally cool with, lol

Not holding my breath, but I guess we'll see. By the way, I like how you previously got upset about people claiming victimhood but here you are claiming that you are unable to procure evidence for your beliefs because you are the victim of a Christian conspiracy to destroy evidence. Sorry to hear the Christians invaded your safe space, bud.

and yes, it's still going on: what do you think liberal immigration {aka state-sponsored terrorism} and multiculturalism {the destruction of individual identities, censorship, fascism masquerading as 'politically correctness'} really are???

Again, sorry to hear all these people who don't look like you are entering your safe space and destroying your individual identity. I must be lucky that I am able to maintain my individual identity even when I walk down the street in America and someone is speaking a language I don't understand. I guess I'm privileged or something and you aren't because it seems normal and acceptable to me but it's freaking you out?

The US is only going to get more multicultural, by the way, so you might want to figure out a way to deal with it instead of getting upset, because there's literally nothing you can do about it. The only hope you had of that changing even temporarily is now doing abysmally in the polls and has about a 13% chance to win the Presidency. Not only are people immigrating to the United States from all over the world, but did you know that, as of 2015, over half of the babies in the United States were racial or ethnic minorities, meaning that fewer than half of babies being born in the United States are non-Hispanic white. Did you know number is going to keep going down? Even if you stopped immigration altogether, America will keep getting less white.

BTW: This is not high school debate club. I'm not interested in "winning" any argument. I don't know why you are either. I'm here to show that this org is not just full of meek sheep. There is no passion or conviction in anything you say, and certainly you've not said anything religious. I actually DO believe in sin, and the supernatural. But I'm not sheepish (PC) enough to hesitate saying that neither take the form of a corrupt, HEBREW, JEWISH entity. Stop using the word "we" as if you speak for this organization as a whole. It's not only arrogant; it's insulting.

You definitely do not have to tell me you're not interested in winning any argument. I'm aware. I'm just telling you that when you directly insult me, it just reinforces my assuredness in my own beliefs, because it indicates you can't say anything meritorious about your position and, instead, must resort to grade school level tactics of name calling. If you want to convince me you're not a meek sheep who is unquestioningly believing what I consider to be illogical nonsense, you'll have to convince me otherwise, and the only real way to do that is with evidence and logical argumentation.

By the way, are you seriously getting offended at the use of "we?" That's not usually a trigger word, is it?

You sound like a computer or a robot, programmed to spit out whatever the mass media tells you is the most "logical" answer that aligns itself with a far-left political platform. For example do you ever wonder why our (American) crime rates are so high, and Europe's are so low? It MUST be that everyone in law enforcement is a Nazi racist right? It couldn't POSSIBLY be because multiculturalism DOES NOT WORK...I feel very sorry for Europe, because they are headed soon in the same direction, and that will mark the beginning of the end......

But the crime rate in the United States has gone down since peaking in the 1980s. In that same time, the percentage of the US population that is white has dropped from about 80% to 62%. So, we've reduced the crime rate and increased multiculturalism. I'm just going by scientific fact, here. Someone who rushed to conclusions might see that data and think, "mo' white people, mo' problems."

There are so many ways the Judeo-Christian religion has destroyed, and continues to destroy the world (beginning w/ the millions of pagans who were murdered during the age of Antiquity): GENOCIDE=priests' vows of celibacy, nuns' vows of chastity....think of how many MILLIONS of white, European children that never were born? Oy Vey! I think we may be onto something here.....and yes These actions collectively do fit the UN's definition of "genocide"...yet you, and others like you, continue to treat Christianity with a mild tolerance as something to "just get along with" and not actually fight against. It's actually frightening, so many people share this same attitude.

So you want more white Christians? Because those unborn children of priests or nuns probably would have been Christians, too. I'm not sure you have thought this through, because you really seem to hate Christians yet are also advocating that Christians should reproduce more. By the way, aren't Christians usually the ones against birth control, too? Just saying.

The world is being slowly DESTROYED by people filled with -passion- (radical Islam is just one example, and Christianity, which originally was just one of many sects of Judaism, is continuing to decimate free-thinking, pagan, native European societies in more subtle ways I will elaborate on later). It will take people with the same level of passion to defend it.

The only thing people are doing that is actually a threat to destroy the world is global warming. Granted, those people are passionate, too, if you consider unmitigated greed a type of money-oriented passion. I don't share your same fear of Islam or Christianity.

There are MANY people who still take the Bible literally. It is not some antiquated notion only held by fanatics, in the way the lying mass media would have you believe. Fire must be fought with fire; not people who are meek, and unwilling to "personally attack" others because it's not PC. We cannot just roll over and let these people invade us and take over our way of life without using force unapologetically. Words and "demonstrations" will not be enough. What do you really think Christians think about you?

So, wait. Do you want priests to procreate or not? Anyway, 28% of Christians in the United States say they take the Bible literally; if you want to get all worked up over that 28%, that's your prerogative. What, exactly, do you mean when you say fire should be fought with fire? Are you advocating violence against Christians just because of what they believe?

"And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcasses upon the carcasses of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you." Leviticus 26:30

"Let me alone, that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from under heaven: and I will make of thee a nation mightier and greater than they." Deuteronomy 9:14

"And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place." Deuteronomy 12:3

"But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed." Deuteronomy 7:23
Are you scared of this stuff? I'm not really that worried. God says "he'll deliver them unto thee," but I don't exactly see God as being as reliable as FedEx. If we are "them," I'm not planning on being delivered anywhere by some supernatural entity anytime soon. [PS - God isn't real.]

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:32 PM »
The Satanic Temple is an American political activist organization based in Salem, Massachusetts[1] with several chapter groups throughout the country, the largest of which is in Detroit, Michigan.[2] The group utilizes satanic imagery to promote egalitarianism, social justice and the separation of church and state. Their stated mission is "to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people". The group was co-founded by Lucien Greaves, the organization's spokesperson, and Malcolm Jarry.[3]

The organization actively participates in public affairs that have manifested in several public political actions[4][5] and efforts at lobbying,[6] with a focus on the separation of church and state and using satire against Christian groups that it believes interfere with personal freedom. The group has held gatherings that include dance music, porn rooms, phallic imagery, S&M behaviors and nudity.[7]

The organization has been the focus of controversy due to several religious challenges, causing some critics to question whether or not the Satanic Temple is a prank, satire, or a genuine Satanic organization.[8][9][10] It also considers gay marriage a religious sacrament, and therefore argues that bans on the practice violate Satanists' freedom of religion. Because the group regards inviolability of the body as a key doctrine, it also views all restrictions on abortion, including mandatory waiting periods, as an infringement on the rights of Satanists to practice their religion.[11]

The Satanic Temple does not believe in a supernatural Satan, as they believe that this encourages superstition that will keep them from being "malleable to the best current scientific understandings of the material world". The Temple uses the literary Satan as metaphor to construct a cultural narrative which promotes pragmatic skepticism, rational reciprocity, personal autonomy, and curiosity.[12] Satan is thus used as a symbol representing "the eternal rebel" against arbitrary authority and social norms.[13][14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

DissectionFan

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 07:18:56 PM »
@ Ben T Awesome:

This isn't a conspiracy theory. The Christians did destroy European cultures for thousands of years.
If you don't believe me, maybe you should go to the library and pick up a history book sometime. Oh,
and you're right. These people who don't earn a living wage should totally have tons of kids-that's great for
society. Awesome that's what's been happening recently. And you're right: Christian super-naturalism
is nonsense, so therefore, ANY notions of super-naturalism, whether or not they predate Christianity,
must also be nonsense. Let's just throw the baby out w/ the bath water. Very logical argument.

The only reason crime peaked in the 80s is because of
the crack/drug/gang epidemic and the only reason it's gone down is because of the "evil" war on drugs,
and an increase of prisons being built which means, duh, more prisoners and less crime. It
isn't us "evil white devils." I'm not PC so I have the right to assume stuff w/o evidence. You sound
white to me. How does if feel to wake up each day hating your race, your heritage, your ancestors,
and your native European culture and lineage? I'm glad I'm not bogged down with all that self-hatred. I
actually don't hate Christians, I just hate Christianity. Yes there would have been more Christians but
there are groups I believe who are even more dangerous, who've been in power behind the scenes for
thousands of years. I actually won't even mention who they are; I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
I Think the lesser of two evils would have been preferable.

Do I want priests to procreate? Well-if that
means that far, far less of them would MOLEST CHILDREN (and you know that is what would  happen)
then yes I do. It's the lesser of two evils. The scriptures I posted in no way implied that I had fear of
Christian Biblical prophesy. You must have completely misinterpreted my intent. "He's quoting scripture,
so therefore, he must believe the Bible." OY VEY, SHUT HIM DOWN!

PS: Lots of post surgery trans people REGRET their transition. www.sexchangeregret.com
I wonder what they think of today's "fluid" definition of the word "gender."

About 1/3 of Muslims believe that any criticism against the prophet Muhammad should be a criminal offense.
A significant minority within that believe it should be PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. Are you sure radical Islam isn't
a realistic threat? {HEY YOU-THE TERM "RADICAL ISLAM" ISN'T PC-SHUT...HIM...DOWN!!!} lol.

A common sentence for a monstrous rapist: WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) A Wichita man was sentenced to over 48 years in prison Thursday for kidnapping a teenage boy and sexually abusing him.

Monstrous rapists: John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, the Hillside Stranglers,

NOT a "Monstrous" rapist: Brock Turner (ok yes he technically is still a rapist. but please. compare to those above. common sense people.)

@ Alchemist: I'm fairly certain we are all familiar with Wikipedia. I am puzzled as to the purpose of your post in this thread.

Scarecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 07:35:58 PM »
Not going to get involved with the main argument going on here but the war on drugs is indeed a waste of money.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2016, 09:55:05 AM »
This isn't a conspiracy theory. The Christians did destroy European cultures for thousands of years.
If you don't believe me, maybe you should go to the library and pick up a history book sometime. Oh,
and you're right. These people who don't earn a living wage should totally have tons of kids-that's great for
society. Awesome that's what's been happening recently. And you're right: Christian super-naturalism
is nonsense, so therefore, ANY notions of super-naturalism, whether or not they predate Christianity,
must also be nonsense. Let's just throw the baby out w/ the bath water. Very logical argument.

Make a case for the validity of your preferred form of supernaturalism if you think it's right. As for Christians destroying European cultures, that's a specious argument. Christianity came to Europe and Europeans kept doing what they had always been doing, which was to destroy each other's cultures. You think Europe was violence-free and everyone got along perfectly before Christianity? LOL. For centuries, Christianity defined European culture. What you think of as European culture is Christian culture.

Regardless, it's still pretty laughable to say you can't back up your positions with anything remotely resembling evidence because of a Christian conspiracy that has rendered said information too difficult to find.

The only reason crime peaked in the 80s is because of
the crack/drug/gang epidemic and the only reason it's gone down is because of the "evil" war on drugs,
and an increase of prisons being built which means, duh, more prisoners and less crime.

Got a citation for that? Your logic still doesn't add up, because multiculturalism is on the rise at the same time that the crime rate has been going down. You said multiculturalism "does not work" and leads to higher crime rates, but there is no evidence for that. All available evidence in the United States shows exactly the opposite.

It isn't us "evil white devils." I'm not PC so I have the right to assume stuff w/o evidence. You sound
white to me. How does if feel to wake up each day hating your race, your heritage, your ancestors,
and your native European culture and lineage? I'm glad I'm not bogged down with all that self-hatred. I
actually don't hate Christians, I just hate Christianity. Yes there would have been more Christians but
there are groups I believe who are even more dangerous, who've been in power behind the scenes for
thousands of years. I actually won't even mention who they are; I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
I Think the lesser of two evils would have been preferable.

So it is PC to not make assumptions without evidence? Evidence-based reasoning is PC? I actually have no idea what secret cabal you are talking about that you feel is even more dangerous than Christianity. Are they so powerful that you're afraid to even talk about them openly? Fun fact: a lot of Christian nutters think that Satanists are behind the scenes controlling everything.

Do I want priests to procreate? Well-if that
means that far, far less of them would MOLEST CHILDREN (and you know that is what would  happen)
then yes I do. It's the lesser of two evils. The scriptures I posted in no way implied that I had fear of
Christian Biblical prophesy. You must have completely misinterpreted my intent. "He's quoting scripture,
so therefore, he must believe the Bible." OY VEY, SHUT HIM DOWN!

You do realize that most child molesters in the world aren't priests, right? Would you be surprised to learn that Catholic priests commit sexual abuse at the same rate as other males? The scandal that differentiates the priests from other males isn't the abuse, but the corruption in the Catholic Church that hid the abuse and protected the priests committing the abuse. Other men have been gong to prison at higher rates than priests for committing sexual abuse.

That is a form of privilege, by the way. When one group commits crimes at the same rate as another group, but that group is protected from enforcement by way of a corrupt or prejudiced institution, that is an injustice, and that bothers people. It is sort of like how marijuana usage rates among black and white Americans are the same, but black people face higher arrest and incarceration rates for marijuana possession than white people. That is an example of why the War on Drugs is, in fact, evil. That is a blatant injustice (one of the things we're against, as per our Seven Tenets). Do you think black people should be arrested at a higher rate for the exact same crime? Do you think priests should be arrested at a lower rate for the exact same crime?

PS: Lots of post surgery trans people REGRET their transition. www.sexchangeregret.com
I wonder what they think of today's "fluid" definition of the word "gender."

Why don't you ask them? You could also ask the even more post-surgery trans people who don't regret their decision.

About 1/3 of Muslims believe that any criticism against the prophet Muhammad should be a criminal offense.
A significant minority within that believe it should be PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. Are you sure radical Islam isn't
a realistic threat? {HEY YOU-THE TERM "RADICAL ISLAM" ISN'T PC-SHUT...HIM...DOWN!!!} lol.

So some unspecified "significant minority" of a minority of Muslims believe criticism against Mohamed should be punishable by death and I'm supposed to get all scared about that? Please. People all over the world believe a lot of ridiculous shit, but they aren't imposing their will on the globe. Sharia Law isn't going to take over, so just calm down; you'll be able to go your whole life criticizing Mohamed and nobody is going to execute you for it. Institutionalized Islam is a huge problem and a giant source of injustice, but this does not make me afraid of Muslims or think that Islam is a threat to me. You're more likely to get struck by lightning than be a victim of radical Islamic violence, and I don't go around afraid of the lightning all the time or demanding people say the words "lightning strikes" to acknowledge what a calamitous threat they are to humankind.

But, do you know what's an even bigger threat to Americans than either lightning strikes or radical Islam? Other Americans. Americans kill 12,000 Americans every year just with guns! That's way, way more deaths than Americans suffer from Islamic terrorists or lightning strikes. You know what else? If you get shot and you're white, it's about 84% likely another white person shot you. When are we going to step up and do something about all this white on white violence?

A common sentence for a monstrous rapist: WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) A Wichita man was sentenced to over 48 years in prison Thursday for kidnapping a teenage boy and sexually abusing him.

Monstrous rapists: John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, the Hillside Stranglers,

NOT a "Monstrous" rapist: Brock Turner (ok yes he technically is still a rapist. but please. compare to those above. common sense people.)

What is not monstrous about raping a drunk woman behind a dumpster?

DissectionFan

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 01:03:44 PM »
@ Ben T Awesome :

You can find lots of evidence/citations about how Christianity destroyed Pagan Europe in the philosophical discussion section.

I never said super-naturalism is right for everyone; it's right for me. It would be totally irrational to try
and "rationalize" the supernatural anyway, to try and support its existence. You don't have to
be an atheist to be in TST and I am very puzzled as to why you seem to believe the contrary. I
don't feel the need to cite everything I post because a lot of it isn't "breaking news." I'm also not going to bother
answering your rhetorical questions which carry the undertone that I am some neo-Nazi, misogynist, white
supremacist, KKK-affiliated nutcase. They're just as insulting as my "attacks on your character"
in which you accused me of demonizing you in the same manner. 

And I wouldn't think you would
mind about the "white on white" violence, given the degree you seem to abhor people of your own
race (presumably). In many if not most cases this type of violence, regardless of race, can be linked directly to the
backgrounds of those involved, which in lots of cases will involve drugs, drug debts, more drugs,
people whose brains are fucked bc their mother did drugs, and other sorts of low-income criminal
activity. The problem is that these motives for murder are rather mundane and don't make for as interesting
headlines as "that crazy white boy who shot up his school because he got bullied or went off his
meds." So as a result of this type of media hype and hysteria, our entire race gets demonized. The Brock Turner
case was just another example of the media "making an example" of one person in a thinly veiled
crusade to suggest that "oh my God, I wonder if all blonde white males are like this?" (I can't begin to count the
number of times he was in the headlines, but it was absolutely ridiculous). Yeah, that's really fair.

Corruption in the Catholic Church concerning sexual abuse is not news to me, but thanks. I happen
to already know that one of their methods of "making amends" is to be secluded from their church
and go to some isolated monastery for "penance" or w/e so that they can "pray and ask forgiveness."
Did you know that's where the justice system got the idea for solitary confinement? If you want to talk
about real injustice in the justice system, that's probably number one, in my book. You can read whatever
"statistics" you want, but I believe that the practice of isolating priests to begin with (away from women for
example) could very well have an effect on their psychology. People were not meant to be kept in seclusion;
it really goes against nature, and when you try and go against nature, bad things tend to happen (i.e. child
molestation, for example). I don't know how you could use any statistic comparing "priest rape" to "civilian rape"
anyway. Priests wield a lot more power over their victims (you know, the "don't tell anyone, I'm 'absolving'
you of your 'sins' by molesting you and taking them onto myself, you could go to hell) than most rapists and therefore
so many more of priest rapes go unreported. There is a lot more fear for the victim to speak out against this "lofty man of God"
than your run-of-the-mill down the street rapist.

I won't answer your last Q b/c like all your other ones it seems rhetorical (these convos would be a lot more interesting
if you asked me some valid questions for a change) but all I can say is that people should not be judged as
"evil pieces of shit" because of one thing they did. Are you such a saint? What if you were judged by your very
worst moment or act or thing you ever did? The notion of forgiveness may be mostly Christian, but what type of
society would we live in if we never forgave, and demonized each other for all time because of each mistake? How
is that upholding "benevolence and empathy to ALL people (including the Brock Turners of the world)?

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »
You can find lots of evidence/citations about how Christianity destroyed Pagan Europe in the philosophical discussion section.

Sort of like how Gaelic culture destroyed Pictish culture? This is the nature of memetic evolution. Ideas win out over each other. Christianity has proven to be a virulent and successful set of ideas that has eradicated indigenous cultures far and wide, but it is not any different than other sets of ideas in that regard, and it wasn't the first to do this. The problem with Christianity today is it is predicated on a lot of falsehoods that do not square with science and reason, which have been shown to be better sources of information about reality, and yet it still wields tremendous cultural and legal power. This, also, is not unique to Christianity; science and reason have rendered many old ideas obsolete, yet those ideas persist.

As for your alleged evidence, you keep making the mistake of thinking I'm going to go look for stuff you claim exists. No thanks. You can back up what you're saying, or I will continue to not think of you as non-serious.

I never said super-naturalism is right for everyone; it's right for me.

You're welcome to believe that.

It would be totally irrational to try and "rationalize" the supernatural anyway, to try and support its existence. You don't have to
be an atheist to be in TST and I am very puzzled as to why you seem to believe the contrary. I
don't feel the need to cite everything I post because a lot of it isn't "breaking news." I'm also not going to bother
answering your rhetorical questions which carry the undertone that I am some neo-Nazi, misogynist, white
supremacist, KKK-affiliated nutcase. They're just as insulting as my "attacks on your character"
in which you accused me of demonizing you in the same manner.

You seem offended. What's funny to me is that first you were offended based on me using the word "we," and now you're inferring things (i.e., "putting words in my mouth") to get further outraged, all after you just went off on safe spaces and trigger warnings. Remember, you brought up the KKK, not me. And I never said you were a member or that you were a neo-Nazi; you are using this manufactured outrage based on imaginary perceptions as a way to not answer legitimate questions. As for your supernatural beliefs, it seems you are knowingly taking on irrational beliefs and refusing to elaborate on them or defend them. If that's what's best for you, though, more power to you.

And I wouldn't think you would mind about the "white on white" violence, given the degree you seem to abhor people of your own
race (presumably). In many if not most cases this type of violence, regardless of race, can be linked directly to the
backgrounds of those involved, which in lots of cases will involve drugs, drug debts, more drugs,
people whose brains are fucked bc their mother did drugs, and other sorts of low-income criminal
activity. The problem is that these motives for murder are rather mundane and don't make for as interesting
headlines as "that crazy white boy who shot up his school because he got bullied or went off his
meds." So as a result of this type of media hype and hysteria, our entire race gets demonized. The Brock Turner
case was just another example of the media "making an example" of one person in a thinly veiled
crusade to suggest that "oh my God, I wonder if all blonde white males are like this?" (I can't begin to count the
number of times he was in the headlines, but it was absolutely ridiculous). Yeah, that's really fair.

I don't know what you're even going on about now, but the reason white-on-white crime and black-on-black crime represent the majority of crimes committed by both white and black people are because white people disproportionately live around and associate with other white people and black people disproportionately live around and associate with other black people. This is not rocket science. So, anytime someone drags up statistics about black-on-black crime, you know it's just a distraction tactic.

I also don't understand why you keep bringing up Brock Turner as a case for media overreaction, or to distinguish between "monstrous" rapist and rapist. What wasn't monstrous about what Brocker Turner did? What is it about raping an unconscious woman behind a dumpster and getting a slap on the wrist from the legal system that merits no media attention? What about the judge in that case? Did he deserve the comeuppance he got? Does he deserve more? Are you upset about this because you feel that calls for justice for Brock Turner's victim somehow make you look bad because you and Brock Turner are both white? Do you think if I see a white guy on the street I think to myself, "Oh, that guy's white just like Brock Turner. He's probably rapes women behind dumpsters." or do you think it's more likely I think, "That guy's white. He probably likes craft beer."?

Corruption in the Catholic Church concerning sexual abuse is not news to me, but thanks. I happen
to already know that one of their methods of "making amends" is to be secluded from their church
and go to some isolated monastery for "penance" or w/e so that they can "pray and ask forgiveness."
Did you know that's where the justice system got the idea for solitary confinement? If you want to talk
about real injustice in the justice system, that's probably number one, in my book. You can read whatever
"statistics" you want, but I believe that the practice of isolating priests to begin with (away from women for
example) could very well have an effect on their psychology. People were not meant to be kept in seclusion;
it really goes against nature, and when you try and go against nature, bad things tend to happen (i.e. child
molestation, for example). I don't know how you could use any statistic comparing "priest rape" to "civilian rape"
anyway. Priests wield a lot more power over their victims (you know, the "don't tell anyone, I'm 'absolving'
you of your 'sins' by molesting you and taking them onto myself, you could go to hell) than most rapists and therefore
so many more of priest rapes go unreported. There is a lot more fear for the victim to speak out against this "lofty man of God"
than your run-of-the-mill down the street rapist.

The facts and figures show that priests don't engage in sexual abuse of children anymore than other men, but you're sticking with your gut and going with the idea that priests are isolated from women and that turns them into contemptible lunatics that like to sexually abuse children? That is a prejudice you have against priests, and likely the product of the very same media overhype that you were just decrying. It's not as interesting when some random guy in some random town rapes his underaged neighbor, but when it's a priest, now there's a story. Just like you and your perceived overhyping of Brock Turner's case, there probably are a lot of priests who think that all these stories about child-molesting priests are giving them all a bad name. But, the only actual evidence linked to in this thread about this topic shows that a randomly selected American man is just as likely to have committed sexual abuse of a child as a randomly selected American priest.

The scandal, and why it was so newsworthy, is that they were getting away with it, and no justice was being done. Just like what magnified the Brock Turner case was that the judge gave him a slap on the wrist for a felonious assault on a helpless person.

I won't answer your last Q b/c like all your other ones it seems rhetorical (these convos would be a lot more interesting
if you asked me some valid questions for a change) but all I can say is that people should not be judged as
"evil pieces of shit" because of one thing they did. Are you such a saint? What if you were judged by your very
worst moment or act or thing you ever did? The notion of forgiveness may be mostly Christian, but what type of
society would we live in if we never forgave, and demonized each other for all time because of each mistake? How
is that upholding "benevolence and empathy to ALL people (including the Brock Turners of the world)?

You seem to ignore that there was another person in the Brock Turner story, that he raped an unconscious woman behind a dumpster. I didn't forget about her, and I have empathy for her. She is the victim, not Brock Turner. You don't seem to acknowledge she even exists. Do you think she deserves justice? What would justice look like for her? Or are these just "rhetorical," "invalid" questions?

DissectionFan

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
@ SJW Benjamin T. Awesome:

I've been wasting my breath, just as the following professor has:

Logic simply does not work on you people, and I give up. No matter what I say and no matter how convincing it is, your agenda is disagreement for the sake of disagreement. It seems to be what really fuels you. You won't even LOOK at my evidence because it conflicts with your pre-existing viewpoints. You're doing the opposite of one of our tenets. I feel sorry for someone with the need to be so confrontational and argumentative. Your posts ring with the sound of an angry teenager bitching at his or her parents for their "unfair, arbitrary" rules. I'm not elaborating on my personal beliefs because you of ALL people would be the last one with the right to know what they are.

Is there something wrong with races wanting to live with each other? How is that not natural? You did use the word "disproportionate." You people want a fascist regime to force people who don't get along to pretend like they do. Well, not without a fight is what I say. And yes, there is not a doubt in my mind that you look at white men, particularly heterosexual ones (fun fact-I'm NOT heterosexual!), to be the epitome of all that is evil. I know your type.

What may boggle my mind the most is the fact that you are assuming I"m simply pulling these ideas out of thin fucking air. My dialogue about priest sex abuse is bolstered by hours of documentary footage about actual cases. I didn't just hop on the internet and pull up the first inane statistic that I saw, which seems to be your preferred method of operation.

What do I think about Brock Turner's "victim?" She put herself in the situation. I think she shouldn't have drunk so much. I think she should have had better judgement about what she was doing and who she was doing it with. I don't have much sympathy for her whatsoever.

BTW, do you have semi-shaved/dyed hair and wear REALLY big, tacky-looking glasses? You do, don't ya? YOU CAN ADMIT IT! ;)

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 12:31:25 AM »
Logic simply does not work on you people, and I give up. No matter what I say and no matter how convincing it is, your agenda is disagreement for the sake of disagreement. It seems to be what really fuels you. You won't even LOOK at my evidence because it conflicts with your pre-existing viewpoints. You're doing the opposite of one of our tenets. I feel sorry for someone with the need to be so confrontational and argumentative. Your posts ring with the sound of an angry teenager bitching at his or her parents for their "unfair, arbitrary" rules. I'm not elaborating on my personal beliefs because you of ALL people would be the last one with the right to know what they are.

I've been asking you for any evidence you can supply to back up your points, and all I've gotten in return is your insistence that a Christian conspiracy is making it very difficult for you to procure said evidence. I see you're also, yet again, actively avoiding logic by committing a logical fallacy of attacking me personally. You're attacking my motives, saying I must just like to disagree. You're trying to tone-police me by saying I remind you of an angry teenager. These are logical fallacies, the antithesis of logic, yet you accuse me of being the illogical one. You can look back and see that I haven't made one single demonstrable logical error, one single nonfactual claim, or one single attack on your character. You may think your arguments are convincing, but the evidence suggests otherwise, because I haven't been convinced at all. You haven't provided one iota of real-world evidence to back up any of your claims.

Is there something wrong with races wanting to live with each other? How is that not natural? You did use the word "disproportionate." You people want a fascist regime to force people who don't get along to pretend like they do. Well, not without a fight is what I say. And yes, there is not a doubt in my mind that you look at white men, particularly heterosexual ones (fun fact-I'm NOT heterosexual!), to be the epitome of all that is evil. I know your type.

This is how you react to facts? Fact: white people live and associate with white people at a higher rate than other races. Fact: black people live and associate with each other at a higher rate than other races. The logic is when you take this fact and how crime rates are subject to physical and temporal constraints, such as the laws of physics, that you realize why black-on-black and white-on-white crime rates are higher than X-on-Y crime rates, where X and Y are any two different races. That is how a logical argument works. You introduce facts and reach conclusions. You don't just make up a bunch of stuff and say it's true. You seem to be looking for a reason to get outraged about facts. None of what you said is anything I said. The definition of "disproportionate" is "out of proportion." I'm not sure how you jump to fascism from statements of facts.

What may boggle my mind the most is the fact that you are assuming I"m simply pulling these ideas out of thin fucking air. My dialogue about priest sex abuse is bolstered by hours of documentary footage about actual cases. I didn't just hop on the internet and pull up the first inane statistic that I saw, which seems to be your preferred method of operation.

So you claim. Did you come to a forum full of skeptics looking for someone who will just believe everything you say? Since we're talking about logic now, let also say that an appeal to authority is also a logical fallacy. You may have watched 10,000 hours of documentary footage about priests, but it doesn't mean that everything you have to say about priests is accurate. You can easily be wrong, and that is why an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. You have to give me the evidence and let me interpret it for myself if you want me to believe it, because I do not just believe every person who claims to be an authority.

What do I think about Brock Turner's "victim?" She put herself in the situation. I think she shouldn't have drunk so much. I think she should have had better judgement about what she was doing and who she was doing it with. I don't have much sympathy for her whatsoever.

I'm not sure how you think this squares with our tenets, specifically the one that says, "One's body is inviolable, subject to one's own will alone." Drinking yourself to unconsciousness is totally permissible. Raping someone is not. That is a direct violation of someone else's body; it is a direct, physical imposition of your will on another person's body. Beyond how your point of view doesn't conform to our tenets, it also doesn't conform to the law. Being drunk does not give other people the right to attack you.

Anyway, when it comes to notions of justice, you've basically checkmated yourself. Victim blaming and suggesting women are at fault for getting raped is misogyny 101. Misogyny is not justice. Rape is always an injustice, and attempts at shifting the blame away from the rapist are always antithetical to justice. All evidence suggests you have no concept of what justice is if you think Brock Turner is a victim of a left-wing media conspiracy but that his rape victim had it coming.

DissectionFan

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 05:45:55 AM »
@ you know who:

The first thing I'm going to do is to give you some sound, real-world advice. You may be smart (I suspect that you
believe yourself to be far smarter than you are) but there are really more constructive things you could be doing
than playing a game of internet ping-pong with someone you have nothing in common with and with whom you are
diametrically opposed. I suppose I could say the same for myself, which is the reason this will (hopefully) be one of the
last entries in this long, meandering, and completely fruitless barrage of forum posts. At the very least most of
these will get shorter and probably more offensive, in order to discourage further communication. ;)

So in the spirit of this notion I see only your last section here worthy of a response (oh yes, the one about rape,
what else?). And, as much as it pains me to do so, I will have to admit that I didn't think about this case in terms
of that tenet in particular, so I would be inclined to agree, assuming, of course, that the case unfolded just as
precisely as the media has told us, and that all parties involved were telling the truth..............

However, since, as you SO thoughtfully pointed out, this IS a forum of skeptics, so that means that, "oh gosh...
I may be inclined to be skeptical off....the alleged victim's account of the events! BLASPHEMY!"

Now, I know what you are thinking: "Why would a rape victim lie? What motive could they possibly have?"
Now, we all are aware of how much media attention that case garnered. And you know what the shitty thing is
about media attention? It can be downright embarrassing.  And you know what's a lot less embarrassing of a
label than "passed out, drunk, promiscuous slut?" That's right -- "rape victim." So, I theorize that there is at
least some possibility that this young woman, after realizing that her late-night, booze-filled rendezvous with
you-know-who suddenly became a scandal overnight, made a concerted effort to glamorize her involvement in
the whole sordid affair; even going so far as to claim that yes, she was indeed viciously raped while TOTALLY
unconscious, when perhaps, she may not have been as unconscious as she claimed....

Let's face it, the only reason this case came to light is because of the two other students who came upon the
two and, in accordance with their chivalrous duty, saved the damsel from the beastly clutches of her "captor,"
thus opening a veritable Pandora's box of stories of the evil Brock Turner and how heroic they were for
coming to her rescue (I'm telling  you, the media LOVES crap like this ;) )

So what do they do now? Well Brock couldn't do shit. The media told his story for him, since he was the one
in jail. DUH. Luckily, she was able to tell her own story. I just wonder how accurate it was.....
I'm sure you've heard of the social precept of "saving face." It's very common in Asian cultures; not as common
here. But perhaps, just perhaps, that's what she was doing. But of course, I guess I should slap myself, because
thinking of possibilities that lie beyond the scope of the liberal media is ALWAYS chauvinistic, sexist, misogynistic,
racist, etc. etc..................

In the legal world there are a couple of terms you should be aware of: "negligence" and "duty of care." Should grown
adults have the right to drink themselves stupid? Of course. However, I believe that if you're a grown adult, you have a "duty of
care" over yourself to protect yourself if you know you're going to be engaging in risky behavior. If you drink so
much that you can no longer control your own actions, then to me it's like saying "I no longer care;" I'm acting
with negligence and reckless disregard for my own well-being.  Does it mean you deserve to be raped? No. But, by
knowingly placing yourself in a situation where a reasonable person could surmise that "bad things COULD happen
here," you should not be overly shocked if bad
things actually do end up happening.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2016, 01:56:12 AM »
@ SJW Benjamin T. Awesome:

I've been wasting my breath, just as the following professor has:

BTW, do you have semi-shaved/dyed hair and wear REALLY big, tacky-looking glasses? You do, don't ya? YOU CAN ADMIT IT! ;)

Nice video.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .