Author Topic: My Husband Refuses to Let Me Teach Our Son  (Read 674 times)

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
My Husband Refuses to Let Me Teach Our Son
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:15:09 PM »
Pretty much as the title reads. He says he refuses to ever let me teach our son Satanism, thinks I'm a self serving LaVeyan satanist and refuses to even have an intellectual conversation with me about it. He thinks it's nothing but evil and that I can't use it to be a good person or do good. I understand he is concerned, it's something that concerns a lot of people, but I am finally finding a path that brings me peace so how can that be so bad?

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
Re: My Husband Refuses to Let Me Teach Our Son
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »
More to the point though, has anyone ever worked through this issue? I just want to leave Satanism as an option if he ever decides to look for a religious path.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
More to the point though, has anyone ever worked through this issue? I just want to leave Satanism as an option if he ever decides to look for a religious path.

We faced it from my sons grand mother and my wife's side of the family. We explained to him that there are many religions. And that you don't have to make up your mind. So instead of really teaching him what to believe. It was more along the lines of what he don't have to believe. I couldn't with good judgement tell him that Satanism was his only choice.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:30:21 PM »
Yeah, I absolutely don't want to teach him that it is the path he should choose, just that it is in the long list of possible ones. He kinda calmed down and said that it would be ok if he asked or discovered it on his own.

Ortrud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 07:30:23 AM »
I think it is always great to show openness. Making your son understand that there are many options to discover and to choose from is possibly the best thing you can do.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »
I don't believe in a wrong religion (except scientology, if the creator of a religion says it was a joke, it's a joke) but I do believe in the ability to follow a religion wrong and do evil because of that. So I want him to have a good solid moral basis before he picks a path if he does at all.

Ortrud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 05:44:55 AM »
Yes, it is often just humane stupidity done in religion's name. (And scientology is indeed a joke, I remember reading how Hubbard got the idea - but a joke that sells way too good, it seems.) A solid moral basis is always very important, yeah - helps in making good decisions.