Author Topic: Jex Blackmore for High Priestess  (Read 2173 times)

Satt

• View Profile
Jex Blackmore for High Priestess
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:18:52 AM »
Saw this suggestion in another thread.

Thoughts?

Leviathan

• Squid
    • View Profile
Re: Jex Blackmore for High Priestess
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:31:51 PM »
Can confirm. Was person who suggested it.

The temple does not currently have an astablished higherarchy. Which some people prefer, but I think as our orgonization grows we must develop rank and structure so we can be powerful going forward. Lucean has done more for the temple the anybody, BUT he insists to be the spokesman.

JEX FOR PRIESTESS 2016.
MAKE SATAN GREAT AGAIN
🌊

nieku

• Here to serve... the cat overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »
Seconded! Would love to have her as the High Priestess

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »
Hell yeah I suggested that! Glad to see its getting traction, I feel like TST could really benefit from this and personally I'd love to see this happen. The thread in question was "Everything wrong with TST and it's Tenets and why it must change". Here's a link if you'd like to see the original suggestion http://imgur.com/tKcfeQU
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
My question to start off would be, what would the job entitle?

DKChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
My question to start off would be, what would the job entitle?

Agreed. I think a change as large as this should require the formation of some sort of committee to formalize a list of powers, responsibilities, term limits, etc. Hell, TST doesn't even have bylaws that I am aware of. Is there a treasurer? Secretary? I might just be ignorant as I live too far away from any of the existing chapters to attend in-person meetings, etc...

edit: No disrespect to Jex: I think Jex is awesome, but still... :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:13:43 PM by DKChaos »

laughlibertine

• Drink coffee, listen to Bowie and Hail Satan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
I honestly prefer this organization to be without figureheads and too much rigid structure. I spent too much of my life being dictated to by ceremonial puppets and I prefer the anarchistic chaos which TST generates and thrives upon.

Once you start electing too many officials, creating codes of conduct and bylaws for bylaws, you will have become what many of us are staunchly opposed to. I think Jex is a great role model for modern Satanism and an excellent speaker for the goals and desires of this organization and its members, but adding superfluous titles only invites a kind of devotion which I'm not willing to give to anyone. I respect and admire her accomplishments, but she is just like any of us.

There is of course a loose hierarchy in TST and I feel what is happening now is working so why screw with it. And on a side note, I feel we ARE powerful... Personally empowered. If you want more responsibility, go out and do something to help fight for the causes TST champions. We don't need a vainglorious power pyramid to get shit done and that has been proven.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 06:28:43 PM »
*slow clap* very well said Laughlibertine. If it's not broke don't fix it right? I know we used to have a High Priest but that was a long time ago, and we've done this well so far.

Sympathiser in Montreal

• tacebitis et sapere aude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »
I agree with Laughlibertine.

In addition to the reasons she mentioned, there are strategic advantages to adopt a structure with the least levels as possible. It would be too tedious to explain in detail but highly hierarchical organizations suffer from decisional lags (it takes times for the information gathered on the terrain to reach the top and a decision to return down the chain of command), loss of situational awareness (the people at the top become disconnected from what happens on the terrain), reduced robustness (it becomes easier for opponents to paralyze the entire organization by neutralizing a few leaders and/or cutting its lines of communication), etc.

Agility is key. Swarms (coordinated yet autonomous individuals sharing a common goal and a common vision) are the most formidable adversaries against heavy establishments and status quo. Our movement needs to be like Lernaean Hydra of Greek mythology: for every head chopped off, the Hydra would regrow one or multiple heads.

I don’t want you to think like me. I just want you to think.

General Semantics/E-prime · Street Epistemology · Post-Atheism · OODA Loop · Pragmatism · TRIZ
Sémantique générale · entretien épistémique · post-athéisme · circuit de Boyd · pragmatisme · TRIZ

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 11:41:24 PM »
If Jex is qualified then there are a couple dozen other members who are just as qualified.  I say no to them all.  We don't need that type of hierarchy.  We need good media representatives at times, to represent the temple, and not their own political agenda, that is it. 
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

Satt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 07:58:01 AM »
I've been off-forum for a while, but here's my $0.02...I like the current structure with one main "spokesperson" and various "chapter heads."

It has the feel of a Hydra that is more difficult to kill.

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »
Please see the post reply I made on another thread about the movie "The Witch" that Blackmore allegedly endorsed in the name of TST.

I would like to know if anyone else here accidentally wasted their time seeing this crap movie. It is a superstitious horror movie. It takes devil worship literally and portrays witches as murderers. It makes no sense and is just a cheap, superstitious horror movie. And yet some sources have claimed that TST endorsed this movie even though this type of film goes against everything we stand for--science, reason, and freedom from irrational fears. I also found the movie to be sexist.
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

Ninsianna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 04:04:54 AM »
Please see the post reply I made on another thread about the movie "The Witch" that Blackmore allegedly endorsed in the name of TST.

I would like to know if anyone else here accidentally wasted their time seeing this crap movie. It is a superstitious horror movie. It takes devil worship literally and portrays witches as murderers. It makes no sense and is just a cheap, superstitious horror movie. And yet some sources have claimed that TST endorsed this movie even though this type of film goes against everything we stand for--science, reason, and freedom from irrational fears. I also found the movie to be sexist.

Really? Yeah there has even been an official announcement. Was wondering about it: https://thesatanictemple.com/page/4/

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 05:21:58 AM »

Really? Yeah there has even been an official announcement. Was wondering about it: https://thesatanictemple.com/page/4/

Unfuckingbelievable!
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

Ninsianna

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 06:59:54 AM »
Would you mind asking Jex directly about this? I would really like to know about the background. I really hope it wasn't just some kind of sponsoring. :(