Author Topic: Everything Wrong with TST and it's Tenets and why it must change.  (Read 1844 times)

ClovenMischief

• View Profile
Re: Everything Wrong with TST and it's Tenets and why it must change.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »
We are as much a religion as the definition in which Lucian believes constitutes "Religion." But at the same time we are knowingly and completely Satire in the title of religion.
The Tenets are for equal and protective, even progressive rights (notice how I didn't say "Liberal" these Tenets also go beyond just people's rights though that is not the Temple's focus right now). Helping the little people and fighting the Judaic Church. As our spokesperson said himself, (and I paraphrase) "If the law were equal to all people of all faiths, race, and genders, there would no longer be need of The Satanic Temple. But there will always be encroaching Judaic laws to fight."
TST is a means to an end, an end that will never be. It is a fight. The Tenets are not made for US, its members individually, it is made for people of every race, color, gender, even other religions and such as a whole. It is made to fight Judaic Law. WE don't have to fully understand what the Tenets mean so long as we can use them to our advantage. Even if we interpret a Tenet in a different way than we did the first, it doesn't matter so long as we brought down a law or practice of unequality. They are meant to be used case per case, and are vague to be interpreted to our own advantage.
This is why we can't get too angry at an "Admin"of a forum, these tenets aren't for us and they are interpreted individually and the Admins just gotta make do with that as they too must interpret the tenets individually. The Admins aren't looking for the flaw in a law, they are looking for the flaw in a person which is why things can get... weird... when we deal with our own members. Because again, that's not what the Tenets are worded for.

To nitgrit over the Tenets is a terrible idea since they were not made for us individually, that is not how they are used. They might be good beliefs, but they have uses beyond an individual member. Now an official "hierarchy" person may not be able to admit all or any of this because it could be used against us. The Freedom of Religion Organization already put a damper in our "Satan Clubs in Schools" because they said "TST is not a religion, they are simply Atheist." This was pretty frightening, as many Atheists believe that being Atheist is a religion and this could cause problems and a whole different fight. If, say, I became part of the heirchy and the moment the legitimacy of our religion to fight in the first place were put into question you can damn well be sure this post would be plastered to the public as a sign we are NOTHING and have no power to do anything.

Honestly I didn't think anyone was purely Satanic in the sense of The Satanic Temple because it has so little source material as guidance. It's not stable in the slightest, and leaves room for your own ways, beliefs, and traditions. (otherwise we wouldn't have Pagans, COS members, and heck recently practicing Theists and Luciferians here)
When you follow your own left-hand path, you are Satanic. The source material is a base, a start, but you create your own Satanic path. Same system as the COS.
IF you do something clearly against the Tenets, like murder, you are not associated with us because you clearly went against a Tenet and may be excommunicated in some way if you insist you are a member of us in particular. Same with COS.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:28:23 PM by ClovenMischief »

41_6e_61

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:28 AM »
So what happens when that tyranny comes from within? When one group becomes so dominant, so vocal, it basically drowns out all others?

This is why you don't advocate for a hierarchy, which you appear to be doing. If you leave it up to central figures of authority to dictate to you how to interpret something, you're ceding your individual will, intellect, and perspective to someone else. You also create a new attack vector for someone who might try to dismantle The Satanic Temple where there previously wasn't one. If someone with malicious intent were thrust into a position of hierarchical power, they could do a lot of damage to The Satanic Temple, either in a flash of chaos, or in a sustained, methodical way.

I've listened to quite a few interviews with Lucien Greaves, and in response to people asking about the name Lucien Greaves, he has said that he originally thought TST could sort of be akin to Anonymous, where people can anonymously be involved in a bottom up, grass roots way, while keeping their identity secret if they wish, rather than it being a top down, hierarchical organization where credes were dictated down to the subservient from atop the hierarchy.

As far as administrators, they are important to have for maintaining the infrastructure of The Satanic Temple. As an Anarchist and a rebel, I've had my fare share of problems with forum moderators and administrators, but as a Cyber Security and Networking student, I recognize that to maintain Confidentially, Integrity, and Availability, there must be individual administrators with elevated positions of privilege. This is not to subjugate the members of The Satanic Temple, this is to protect members against outside threats. Just imagine if there were no moderators or administrators for this forum. It would be overrun with spam bots posting malicious links and shit like that. When it comes to the security of a workstation, a server, a router, a network, or even a forum, you absolutely have to have a central authoritative figure, which is the administrator. This is a technical necessity, and you shouldn't confuse this with power tripping admins and mods with their own interpretations of the tenants, reining their will on you.  You have to understand that there are many many people who loathe The Satanic Temple, and any and all avenues of communication or community discussion such as forums and social media groups surely receive a massive amount of vitriol from trolls.

LewCfurr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 11:13:29 AM »
I agree with 41_6e_61on this.
The overwhelming difference between TST and other "esoteric" or "occult" organizations is the philosophy that the responsibility of the individual to decide for themselves what is right for them. Why do we need more people with inflated egos (and inflated bank accounts to go with) to tell each and every one of us what is real/true when all we have to do is look deeply within? Following a leader blindly is easier than following your own path perhaps? We are all living in the results of what over 2,000 years of dogma and indoctrination have made manifest. Satanism, IMHO, takes a very special type of person to fully understand and live it's core beliefs, that core belief being that there is no one outside of yourself to look to for answers. We are all gods/goddesses in embryo. The way we live, act and think determine how far we journey toward that goal of apotheosis.

Getting down off my soapbox (for now!).
Lew
People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

AlseYoung

• I think, therefore I...lost my train of thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »
We had a High Priest but he left after personal problems with the temple. You can see him explain it on YouTube.

A new High Priest would be very beneficial and overall cool. Personally, I want Jex Blackmore to be the new high priestess, she seems more than capable.

I dunno, I find titles like "high priest" or "magus" (provide your own eyeroll here) pompous and silly. Simple, transparent job descriptions like "spokesperson" or simply "member" seem much less self-important, and are more practically useful. That's my own two cents.