Author Topic: Guiding principles of Lavey  (Read 2185 times)

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
Re: Guiding principles of Lavey
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 11:29:46 PM »
1 Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence
    -  indulgence that isn't self destructive.  Know your limits.  A drink may be fine every now and then but drinking a bottle of vodka every night is a sure path to self-destruction.

2 Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
     - There is no after life.  The only happiness you will have comes from what carnal and mundane activities you engage in.  Take a walk, read a book, build a house, start a company.  Real things you can calculate.  Hoping for something in the afterlife is a waste of time, and incorrect. 

3 Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead hypocritical seif deceit.
     - Know yourself and your limits.  The greatest knowledge is that of the self.  If I am not a musician I should not tell people I am good at piano.  I should also not get involved with a band and show up to band practice playing keyboard when I have no business doing so.  You know what areas in your life you need to fix.  No one else can make you do that but you. Fix them.

4 Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.
     - Don't help someone who ultimately can't help themselves and will use you.  Don't help someone if you don't have the means to.  Don't help someone if you don't want to. 

5 Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
     -  Don't let people walk all over you in anyway shape or form, any where in life, be it personal or at the work place.  Especially on the job.  Don't ever start a fight - always finish them. It is your duty to defend yourself if you are ever threatened or in the way of physical harm.

6 Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires
     - See quote below. However to go into further detail there is no use for wasting time on hearsay rumor and speculation, drama/gossip.  This is a two way street.  Don't talk yourself up unless you can back it up.  Let others prove to you with their actions NOT their intentions.   

7 Man as just another animal ,sometime better,more often worse than those that walk on all fours who because of his divine spiritual intellectual development has become the most vicious animal of all
     - We are the Apex Predator.  The highest. Being a predator comes in many forms though - not just eating other animals for food.  Many people prey on the weak for their money, emotions, time, ect without mercy.  I like to think of Televangelists in this arena and actually all religious leaders taking money from their group while promising some amazing reward at some point.  Yes the TST has asked for donations on some areas but no one is guaranteeing you anything in return. Its straight forward and honest. 

8 Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
     - Within the context of the laws of your country.  no one would advocate that murder outside the realm of self defense is acceptable.  At least I would hope not.   

9 Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had,as he has kept it in business all these years. 
     - Every organization has to have some sort of polar opposite.  It is the opposite that defines it and substantiates it.  To get a bit more philosophical - think about how good it feels right now to have a non-tooth ache.  Non tooth-aches feel great, but you can only know how that feels since you have had a tooth-ache at some point.  It is the tooth-ache it self which makes its absence enjoyable.  Religion leverages the idea further with a threat and a power-play to scare you into conformity. 

The deeper issue is the political structures and holds Religion has had on the world for so long.  Think about the ideas of knowledge, truth, wisdom.  It can be said from a religious vantage that one can only reach knowledge and truth through god or jesus.  What Satan represents is taking that back.  We don't need to know god to know anything about ourselves or the universe.  Likewise for Jesus.  The church banked on the fact that you had to go through it for approval for anything - and still tries to in many ways.  We as Satanists don't need to ask permission - we take what is ours.  Our Rights to Our self and our bodies/minds.  These are no longer under the control of some theocracy [here in America] no matter how many xtians vote and write in jesus on the ballot it doesn't matter.  Satan represents the internal arts.  That of the self. That is the path of the occult practitioner.  We look into the mirror, we look inside - we don't pray or look to others for spiritual guidance.  We guide ourselves out of the dark and into the light.

lastly I would like to end with something I read in one of the books Lavey wrote, although I think this quote could be attributed to just about anyone  -  I paraphrase here
"there are those that would take of your time - cast them out
" there are those who would share your time -  listen to them"
" there are those who would add to your time - cherish them"
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 11:48:01 PM »
1 Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence
    -  indulgence that isn't self destructive.  Know your limits.  A drink may be fine every now and then but drinking a bottle of vodka every night is a sure path to self-destruction.

2 Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
     - There is no after life.  The only happiness you will have comes from what carnal and mundane activities you engage in.  Take a walk, read a book, build a house, start a company.  Real things you can calculate.  Hoping for something in the afterlife is a waste of time, and incorrect. 

3 Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead hypocritical seif deceit.
     - Know yourself and your limits.  The greatest knowledge is that of the self.  If I am not a musician I should not tell people I am good at piano.  I should also not get involved with a band and show up to band practice playing keyboard when I have no business doing so.  You know what areas in your life you need to fix.  No one else can make you do that but you. Fix them.

4 Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.
     - Don't help someone who ultimately can't help themselves and will use you.  Don't help someone if you don't have the means to.  Don't help someone if you don't want to. 

5 Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
     -  Don't let people walk all over you in anyway shape or form, any where in life, be it personal or at the work place.  Especially on the job.  Don't ever start a fight - always finish them. It is your duty to defend yourself if you are ever threatened or in the way of physical harm.

6 Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires
     - See quote below. However to go into further detail there is no use for wasting time on hearsay rumor and speculation, drama/gossip.  This is a two way street.  Don't talk yourself up unless you can back it up.  Let others prove to you with their actions NOT their intentions.   

7 Man as just another animal ,sometime better,more often worse than those that walk on all fours who because of his divine spiritual intellectual development has become the most vicious animal of all
     - We are the Apex Predator.  The highest. Being a predator comes in many forms though - not just eating other animals for food.  Many people prey on the weak for their money, emotions, time, ect without mercy.  I like to think of Televangelists in this arena and actually all religious leaders taking money from their group while promising some amazing reward at some point.  Yes the TST has asked for donations on some areas but no one is guaranteeing you anything in return. Its straight forward and honest. 

8 Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
     - Within the context of the laws of your country.  no one would advocate that murder outside the realm of self defense is acceptable.  At least I would hope not.   

9 Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had,as he has kept it in business all these years. 
     - Every organization has to have some sort of polar opposite.  It is the opposite that defines it and substantiates it.  To get a bit more philosophical - think about how good it feels right now to have a non-tooth ache.  Non tooth-aches feel great, but you can only know how that feels since you have had a tooth-ache at some point.  It is the tooth-ache it self which makes its absence enjoyable.  Religion leverages the idea further with a threat and a power-play to scare you into conformity. 

The deeper issue is the political structures and holds Religion has had on the world for so long.  Think about the ideas of knowledge, truth, wisdom.  It can be said from a religious vantage that one can only reach knowledge and truth through god or jesus.  What Satan represents is taking that back.  We don't need to know god to know anything about ourselves or the universe.  Likewise for Jesus.  The church banked on the fact that you had to go through it for approval for anything - and still tries to in many ways.  We as Satanists don't need to ask permission - we take what is ours.  Our Rights to Our self and our bodies/minds.  These are no longer under the control of some theocracy [here in America] no matter how many xtians vote and write in jesus on the ballot it doesn't matter.  Satan represents the internal arts.  That of the self. That is the path of the occult practitioner.  We look into the mirror, we look inside - we don't pray or look to others for spiritual guidance.  We guide ourselves out of the dark and into the light.

lastly I would like to end with something I read in one of the books Lavey wrote, although I think this quote could be attributed to just about anyone  -  I paraphrase here
"there are those that would take of your time - cast them out
" there are those who would share your time -  listen to them"
" there are those who would add to your time - cherish them"

Very well said. ;-)
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 10:01:37 AM »
I am at school so I dont have time to read all the replies currently, so I am sorry if this has already been addressed. I have read the laveyen bible and it is very specific on what a psychic vampire is and it seems to me like op and the first reply have both misinterpreted it. It does not refer to people who are unable to care for themselves, but as i was best able to tell, emotional abusers. People who do not actually care about you but may try to keep you around with gifts and stuff, and abuse your kindness. Though it is a little vauge
Always ready to talk about spiders

Alchemist16AD

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 09:52:44 PM »
I am at school so I dont have time to read all the replies currently, so I am sorry if this has already been addressed. I have read the laveyen bible and it is very specific on what a psychic vampire is and it seems to me like op and the first reply have both misinterpreted it. It does not refer to people who are unable to care for themselves, but as i was best able to tell, emotional abusers. People who do not actually care about you but may try to keep you around with gifts and stuff, and abuse your kindness. Though it is a little vauge

Well Anton Levay was a friend of mine. And although we didn't talk a lot on the bible. (his bible) the two most misunderstood things of his book is the might makes right and the psychic vampire thing. Might makes right he is saying that it's how it is. Not that he wants it to be that way. It's how the world is. The rich get more then the poor. The strong always pray on the week. He wasn't advocating that it's right. He more or less means to be all you can be. If you weak look for ways to be stronger. I mean you can be a small 105 pound weakling yet if you very smart and have lots of money your not seen as weak etc. Plus the bible teaches the meek shall inherit the earth. So it was a way of speaking out about that. As for the psychic vampire . He's talking about people that always brings you down. That one friend that always needs a ride. Or always needs money.  And when you need them they never are there for you etc. But those types.  Kind of like when you buy a truck and everyone wants you to help them move. Yet they feel they shouldn't have to pay for gas or anything. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:16:28 PM by Alchemist16AD »
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 08:08:40 PM »

I understood thats what he meant about psychic vampires, I'm glad to see that my interpretation of that was correct. I did not know that about the might makes right, though honestly I completely forgot that part of the bible and just see it used online where it is used as justification for abuse. I am glad thag was not LaVeys origional intention though, that does make me feel better about him as a person.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:13:51 PM by RealSpiders »

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »
Also from an earlier post on here i feel the need to point out thag both chickens and cockroaches are intelligent animals that contribute a lot to the world

Alchemist16AD

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 11:18:38 PM »
Also from an earlier post on here i feel the need to point out thag both chickens and cockroaches are intelligent animals that contribute a lot to the world

Well I haven't had a cockroach in a while yet still eat chicken. Hope that don't keep us from being friends.

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 08:26:45 AM »

Well I haven't had a cockroach in a while yet still eat chicken. Hope that don't keep us from being friends.

I eat chicken too. I dont mind people eating animals, thats the natrual circle of life and predation. I just didnt like when someone said chickens were dumb and like cockroaches, when both animals show signs of intelligence. For example, my old friend had a chicken who she had taught to skateboard. Which is fun.