Author Topic: The Beatles and Satanic Panic  (Read 966 times)

samowens84

• View Profile
The Beatles and Satanic Panic
« on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:56 PM »
http://www.globaltruth.net/the-beatles-and-the-occult/

They mention Crowley several times, but they never once mentioned Lavey. lol Just a bunch of conspiracy nonsense and thought it was funny. if you look on the Internet long enough you'll find that every popular musician to be linked with Satanism, true or not. Nikolas Shrek was right about that for sure. If nothing else it makes for an entertaining read. In my experience with christianity nothing was ever neutral. It was either praise Jesus or it was satanic, I guess cause if a message was completely outside of Christianity it would threaten their binary worldview.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:51:46 PM by samowens84 »

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
Re: The Beatles and Satanic Panic
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:41:42 PM »
I think the big thing is that people think that satanism IS devil worship exclusively. Devil worship has been around forever but Lavey was the man who first defined Satanism as something else. I don't know when the term "Satanist" first popped up, but this really matters. If it first came into being with Lavey, then it means that maybe they should specify that it's spiritual satanism.

If it's a term that's been around forever, well I guess it's more complicated.

Now, Crowley was an occultist, but did he worship satan? Really don't know. I know some occultism isn't correlative to devil worship So I don't know.
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Aleister-Crowley

• Yes Aleister Crowley is my real name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:18 PM »
Aleister Crowley born Edward Alexander Crowley, and also known as both Frater Perdurabo and The Great Beast, was an influential English occultist and ceremonial magician, responsible for founding the religion of Thelema. He was a member of the esoteric Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, as well as a co-founder of the A∴A∴ and eventually a leader of the Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.). He is known today for his magical writings, especially The Book of the Law, the central sacred text of Thelema, although he also wrote on other esoteric subjects such as astrology. He was baptized and raised Christian. And although formed two major religions and a member of one. Wasn't a Satanist at leas not as we know of today. If he did practice Satanism, it would of been in a from of theism. He believed in demons and Gods magic etc. My mother and father are theist Satanist. And it was hard for me to convince people that I didn't believe in Satan. Kind of hard when your given the name Aleister Crowley.  In school (when I wasn't home schooled) the teacher would say so what's your real name?

I rather sip from the well of wisdom, then drown in the sea of stupidy.

samowens84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 11:38:33 PM »
Aleister Crowley born Edward Alexander Crowley, and also known as both Frater Perdurabo and The Great Beast, was an influential English occultist and ceremonial magician, responsible for founding the religion of Thelema. He was a member of the esoteric Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, as well as a co-founder of the A∴A∴ and eventually a leader of the Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.). He is known today for his magical writings, especially The Book of the Law, the central sacred text of Thelema, although he also wrote on other esoteric subjects such as astrology. He was baptized and raised Christian. And although formed two major religions and a member of one. Wasn't a Satanist at leas not as we know of today. If he did practice Satanism, it would of been in a from of theism. He believed in demons and Gods magic etc. My mother and father are theist Satanist. And it was hard for me to convince people that I didn't believe in Satan. Kind of hard when your given the name Aleister Crowley.  In school (when I wasn't home schooled) the teacher would say so what's your real name?

your parents are real subtle lol

W Adam Smythe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 04:21:29 AM »
Here is something that I found on the term Satanist:

The term Satanist, curiously enough, was first used
to denote those who believed nothing at all.  John
Aylmer, Bishop of London under Queen Elizabeth I,
described the atheists of his day as Satanists in his
pamphlet *An Harbour for Faithful and Truth Subjects*
published in 1559.

http://www.satanservice.org/propaganda/occ.70s.txt

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 07:18:51 PM »
And it was hard for me to convince people that I didn't believe in Satan. Kind of hard when your given the name Aleister Crowley.  In school (when I wasn't home schooled) the teacher would say so what's your real name?

Why don't you just go by Aleister? A fairly common English name.
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

Aleister-Crowley

• Yes Aleister Crowley is my real name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:56:41 PM »
And it was hard for me to convince people that I didn't believe in Satan. Kind of hard when your given the name Aleister Crowley.  In school (when I wasn't home schooled) the teacher would say so what's your real name?

Why don't you just go by Aleister? A fairly common English name.

Normally I just go by A.C however at some time people find out. lol 
I rather sip from the well of wisdom, then drown in the sea of stupidy.

Ortrud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 07:39:50 AM »
As far as I know, Satanism is not exactly the same as Diabolism and/or occult practices.

And I really cannot see why they picked on The Beatles. (Good, harmonic, consonant music that is worth to listen to, even if most of their songs are more than 50 years old.)

I wonder what they would say about such bands as Deicide, Carcass, Death, Obituary, Unleashed and the like?...