Author Topic: How does everyone feel about Theistic Satanists ?(Devil Worshippers)  (Read 2676 times)

xenubarb

• (aka B.L. Zebarb)
    • View Profile
Re: How does everyone feel about Theistic Satanists ?(Devil Worshippers)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »
Let me start off by saying that I've got no problems with the theistic satanists or luciferians at all. I think everyone should believe what ever they want.

A common problem I run into when I'm explaining Satanism to people is that as soon as they hear Satanism they assume devil worship. I try to explain that the majority of Satanists worldwide are non theistic and the theistic bunch is actually in the minority. (Correct me if I'm wrong here but isnt Laveyan Satanism the most practiced form?)

I think the reason everyone thinks satanism= devil worship is due to the few individual sickos in the 80's and 90's that killed people and did some fucked up shit because "satan made me do it" or "I did it for him".  Most of the Satanic Panic was a load of shit but there were a couple sick puppies. But I wouldn't call them Satanists I don't think, maybe wacko devil worshipers giving the rest of us a bad name. There are plenty of decent theistice satanists though, of course. I also don't think the media and movies helped.

So what do you all make of devil Worshippers and theistic satanists? Is there a better word to differentiate between the theists, non theists, and stereotypic devil Worshippers? Has anyone had problems explaining satanism to people?

I think Satan is a great tool to wield against crazy Christians. It gets their attention and drives them bonkers. If I met a Crossroad Demon or Lucifer in person, I'd be down with them. Sadly, I haven't and don't believe, but I get how other people might want to.

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 11:41:11 PM »
On the one hand, I'd like to say I'm Mr. Tolerance, where people can believe anything they want and I'm cool so long as nobody gets hurt.

OTOH honestly if I am in or near conversation with a theist and they start talking about angels or demons and whatnot, I will probably make a polite excuse and walk away.  I might also make a mental note of their condition.

But I would perhaps be more accepting of a theistic Satanist talking about demons or the Devil than I would be of other sorts of theists talking about their imaginary world, simply out of fraternity, or if the theist is very attractive.
Now more than ever.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »
I love the whole thought of Satan, being a real God/Angel etc. After all if I didn't like the aesthetics  of satanism. Then why not just call my self an atheist. However out side the thought. And out side the toast to darkness. (knowing no one is really there to toast) I am still drawn to movies that show Satan or evil in action.  But I don't think it would hold appeal if it was all real.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

MALucifer821

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »
For me, they're pretty cool as long as they're not those white supremacist/nazi people. I like to embrace people of all colors 🤘🤘🏻🤘🏼🤘🏽🤘🏾🤘🏿(Sorry there's no zebra striped or green horn emoji)

lillithdasa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 10:18:36 PM »
I am somewhere in between Lavayen and theist. I don't go as far as some theists since I don't view Satan as a deity that I have to grovel or appease. If I wanted that degradation I would have stayed Christian. I have had experiences with the demons but only as teachers and guides. I have blended some Egyptian Paganism in as well. I believe in the spirit world. I support non-violence to animals and people alike. I am partial to Lilillith who I get my occult name from dasa means servant of in Hindi. I don't like the Neo-Nazi wing because I don't hate anyone on basis of religion or race. I date non-religious mostly because there is few Satanists in my area but prefer to marry a Satanist. I find myself agreeing with the tenets of the Satanic Temple. The side of me that leans to theist is private and I don't talk about that with anyone. I found I can be myself and not fake a spirituality controlled by other people or a religious organization. I would not fit in a coven well since I like to be independent and not have to answer to anyone.