Author Topic: How does everyone feel about Theistic Satanists ?(Devil Worshippers)  (Read 2677 times)

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
Let me start off by saying that I've got no problems with the theistic satanists or luciferians at all. I think everyone should believe what ever they want.

A common problem I run into when I'm explaining Satanism to people is that as soon as they hear Satanism they assume devil worship. I try to explain that the majority of Satanists worldwide are non theistic and the theistic bunch is actually in the minority. (Correct me if I'm wrong here but isnt Laveyan Satanism the most practiced form?)

I think the reason everyone thinks satanism= devil worship is due to the few individual sickos in the 80's and 90's that killed people and did some fucked up shit because "satan made me do it" or "I did it for him".  Most of the Satanic Panic was a load of shit but there were a couple sick puppies. But I wouldn't call them Satanists I don't think, maybe wacko devil worshipers giving the rest of us a bad name. There are plenty of decent theistice satanists though, of course. I also don't think the media and movies helped.

So what do you all make of devil Worshippers and theistic satanists? Is there a better word to differentiate between the theists, non theists, and stereotypic devil Worshippers? Has anyone had problems explaining satanism to people?

"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Halo

• View Profile
Re: How does everyone feel about Theistic Satanists ?(Devil Worshippers)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
Like you said, everyone should believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I thought that Satanism was about devil worship until I heard that TST was supporting the movie The Witch (which is a great movie!). After that I educated myself and jioned TST a couple of days ago. But you're right. Hollywood has a lot to do with it, like this movie about Laveyan Satanism

I'll end up checking it out and probably laugh my ass off watching it now that I know more about Satanism

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »
Let me start off by saying that I've got no problems with the theistic satanists or luciferians at all. I think everyone should believe what ever they want.

A common problem I run into when I'm explaining Satanism to people is that as soon as they hear Satanism they assume devil worship. I try to explain that the majority of Satanists worldwide are non theistic and the theistic bunch is actually in the minority. (Correct me if I'm wrong here but isnt Laveyan Satanism the most practiced form?)

I think the reason everyone thinks satanism= devil worship is due to the few individual sickos in the 80's and 90's that killed people and did some fucked up shit because "satan made me do it" or "I did it for him".  Most of the Satanic Panic was a load of shit but there were a couple sick puppies. But I wouldn't call them Satanists I don't think, maybe wacko devil worshipers giving the rest of us a bad name. There are plenty of decent theistice satanists though, of course. I also don't think the media and movies helped.

So what do you all make of devil Worshippers and theistic satanists? Is there a better word to differentiate between the theists, non theists, and stereotypic devil Worshippers? Has anyone had problems explaining satanism to people

(( theistic satanists or luciferians)) You should be aware that Luciferians are mostly atheists as well.
For Luciferians, enlightenment is the ultimate goal. The basic Luciferian principles highlight truth and freedom of will, worshipping the inner self and one’s ultimate potential. Traditional dogma is shunned as a basis for morality on the grounds that humans should not need deities or fear of eternal punishment to distinguish right from wrong and to do good. All ideas should be tested before being accepted, and even then one should remain skeptical because knowledge and understanding are fluid. Regardless of whether Lucifer is conceived of as a deity or as a mere archetype, he is a representation of ultimate knowledge and exploration: humanity’s savior and a champion for continuing personal growth..*** Source listed below. Just encase you don't want to trust one of it's members. Just for the record I am a LaVey Satanist, Luciferian, and Atheist, a member of TST. I hope to add some more soon. ;-)  Anywho I have no problem with Theists as long as they aren't hurting anyone in the name of their god.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Aleister-Crowley

• Yes Aleister Crowley is my real name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 03:02:01 AM »
My mom and dad are Theist Satanist. So I guess I have to at least like them. lol However for the most part, I feel as long as what someone believes in doesn't harm or hurt someone else (like what has been said) then why not??  I have a friend who teeters on being a Deist, or Theist Satanist.
I rather sip from the well of wisdom, then drown in the sea of stupidy.

Lilith201

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 07:16:24 PM »
Unfortunately most of the theistic Satanists I have met have had mental problems or seem to follow a questionable set of ethics.
"Ain't no burning hell."--John Lee Hooker

Aleister-Crowley

• Yes Aleister Crowley is my real name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »
Unfortunately most of the theistic Satanists I have met have had mental problems or seem to follow a questionable set of ethics.

Have you heard of: Ophite Cultus Satanas ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Endor_Coven

There was a lot more then 12 members. I didn't read it all I am sure a lot of it is right. But they was wrong about members.  I know due to my mom and father are members. As it still goes on today.
I rather sip from the well of wisdom, then drown in the sea of stupidy.

Haeresis_Dea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »
I believe that it's vital for those involved with TST to view Theistic Satanism the way we'd view any other religion; everyone is allowed to believe in what they will. I've been curious about it in the past, but it just didn't feel like a proper path for me personally. I've known various kinds of Satanists throughout my life. It's all fine and good, but you ultimately have to choose your own path.

Additionally, as I've seen stated above, it is typical of Hollywood to paint Satanists in a certain light. While this is indeed irritating, I've also come to accept the fact that it's most likely due to poor education on the matter. Theistic Satanism/Devil Worship has always been prominent in the media. Maybe it's attractive to those outside of it? It's taboo. It's "evil" and "bad". It makes for good (well, some would call it good) themes in the horror genre. With this, I would say that it's important that everyone do their part to educate and enlighten. Maybe TST could someday convince Hollywood to give us a bit of a break? Show us for what we are?

Anyhow, these are just my thoughts on the matter.  ;D

"𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒵𝑜𝓂𝒷𝒾𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃"

samowens84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 11:14:35 PM »
I find that some Christians seem incapable of empathy for people who view the world differently. In my experience they believe that submission and worship is always the name of the game for all religions, and so if they worship God, we must just be the other side of the coin. I meet a guy who described TST as just opposite Christians and thought people who attended the unveiling must be bowing to it, and that a black mass is just a reverse Catholic mass. It's really kind of funny. They believe that everyone worships something, and they are just doing the natural thing. It's really kind of sad.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 03:10:11 AM »
I find that some Christians seem incapable of empathy for people who view the world differently. In my experience they believe that submission and worship is always the name of the game for all religions, and so if they worship God, we must just be the other side of the coin. I meet a guy who described TST as just opposite Christians and thought people who attended the unveiling must be bowing to it, and that a black mass is just a reverse Catholic mass. It's really kind of funny. They believe that everyone worships something, and they are just doing the natural thing. It's really kind of sad.

I think the saddest thing about the theist is it ends the want or need to keep knowing. I like knowing there will always be things unknown. But with theist you don't have anymore questions. Why is the sky blue? while I was in school and I was happy to learn. A girl in class got away with the answer because god made it that way. The teacher was instructed that anyone in class using god as a answer had to be the right one. After all god did create everything right?? lol I guess my thirst for knowledge out weighted my need for a deity or easy cop out.. 
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

DissectionFan

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 05:08:36 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but although I do not bow or worship any deity above me, I am not an atheist. I do believe there is something in the cosmos beyond our human understanding, and for lack of a better word, I suppose the term "supernatural" will have to do. I'm not sure whether or not this makes me a theistic Satanist. Whatever the force is, I don't really see it having much of an impact on day to day life as we know it. So it's a moot point to pray or worship anything for me. Even the 7 tenents spell out plainly that there are some things you should not do; not because you're afraid of being judged or punished in the Bible's fanciful version of hell, but simply because they are wrong. Not committing an "evil" act simply because you're afraid of getting caught is not in itself a moral one, because it implies that you would commit the act if in fact there were no supreme judge deciding your face should you decide to do it (ok I'll be honest I'm kinda ripping off Penn Jillette's philosophy here; he's an atheist and a brilliant thinker, oh and he does that magic in Vegas too, hehe). There are/were some prominent theistic Satanists in the black metal scene (I'll be doing a whole separate post about black metal and its influence and contribution to Satanism) and what I've found is that it adds an almost magical element to it, and truly inspires the artists to the utmost of their potential to create some of the most awesome, epic and blasphemous music ever heard. So from my perspective as a black metal fan, I fully support theistic Satanism. 

Xymox

• Child of Iblis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »
I've met a few very nice and thoughtful Theistic Satanists, and I looked into Theistic Satanism a few months back (after being a Modern Satanist for 15 years).... Only to find myself asking "Yo did you guys, uh, eat paint chips as a kid?" And so many of them are fucking Neo-Nazis that it's nauseating- particularly for a queer leftist of Native and Jewish descent.

So like, you do you, and if Theistic Satanism makes you better person, all the more power to you.... but I don't get the hype.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:22:43 AM by Xymox »

LewCfurr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »
Xymox,
I thought I was the only "queer leftist of Native and Jewish descent" on this board! Glad to see that I have "family" in TST!
People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 05:03:26 PM »
I think we treat them with the same respect they accord us and each one is a different case. Some people use Theistic Satanism as an excuse to be sick, twisted, malevolent monsters. I would afford these individuals no mercy. For those who use Satan as a means to inspire greatness in themselves and others, I am more than happy to be friends with them.

Ninsianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 04:32:28 AM »
Well. Although I am more agnostic than atheist myself, I can't come to see specific deities as anything else but projections of our inner self. No difference with theistic Satanists for me. I mean, I pray to a few different gods including the Devil whenever I feel like it... but I don't kid myself, I know there is no supernatural being behind this. Just speaking to myself in a quirky way. For others this may be different; and as I am just human, I also might be wrong and maybe there is some God-like force behind all things... I just don't *believe* it.

Of course I am fine with any belief that doesn't harm others. But tbh I don't take any really theistic belief seriously. Same goes for a variety of superstitions, especially occult practices. (When I looking for a new religious community, I first checked out Wicca, which is a lot more common in Germany, but was instantly repelled by the "healing stones" they propagated on their website.)

RealSpiders

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »
I think any religious beleifs are okay as long as they dont dehumanize or harm others. Once anything is causing harm like that, then i see it as bad. If its not i see it as okay. Though this is of course just my personal morals because morals are arbetrary and I cannot claim thay mine are inherently correct :/

I am pretty agnostic; in that I have spoken to gods before and have gottwn reaponces so i beleive they are real, but i also accept the possibility thay I am just psychotic. I don't worship the dietys I talk to anyways though, I just see them as another kind of being. I was about to go on a rant about my beleifs but this is probably not the place. Feel free to ask me about them though.
Always ready to talk about spiders