Author Topic: That Metal Show  (Read 1836 times)

DR_PAUL_666

• not your typical physician, member #797
    • View Profile
That Metal Show
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:18:19 PM »
anybody watch? I tape all the new episodes. It's a new season. It's also where I learn about new bands as I don't really listen to the radio (or the bands I'm interested in don't get air play anyway)
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

Davenemoniada

• Should read 'DavenDemoniada'
    • View Profile
Re: That Metal Show
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »
It's funny how many Satanist people tend to gravitate toward Metal in its many forms even though Nikolas Schreck moaned of being tagged with ..."Heavy Metal crap".

Has anyone actually heard Radio Werewolf? I wouldn't really want to be tagged with RW...
Look into my eyes, you'll see who I am.
My name is Lucifer, please take my hand.

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:08:42 AM »
It's funny how many Satanist people tend to gravitate toward Metal in its many forms even though Nikolas Schreck moaned of being tagged with ..."Heavy Metal crap".

Has anyone actually heard Radio Werewolf? I wouldn't really want to be tagged with RW...

Dave, what's Radio Werewolf? and pardon my ignorance, but what does being "tagged" mean? (as in hash tag?)
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

Davenemoniada

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:44:27 AM »
By saying "tagged" he meant labled with or associated with. It was in an interview in the late 80s so there was no "hash tag" type language back then! :D

Radio Werewolf was/is his Satanic music collective. It was his idea of true Satanic music, in the same vain as composers like Wagner and Rachmaninoff, according to him.
Basically Radio Werewolf's music is someone shouting stuff over church organ music.

Nikolas & Zeena thought that Metal is anti-Satanist as it promotes self-destruction, drug taking and general conformism. ::)

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:06:14 AM »
Ah, just did some reading on Wiki.

Davenemoniada

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
To be honest, I think Schreck is a very flawed theorist.

He bangs on about the natural beast in man and human nature but forgets that it is in most humans' nature to feel empathy. It contrasts with his own psychopathic ideas but it's a natural fact.

Every time I've seen him interviewed along side Zeena, he hardly ever lets her answer a question uninterupted. She seldom finishes a sentence. It looks remarkably like good old fashioned Christian patriarchy. Doesn't quite believe the little lady has it in her to have an opinion.

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
To be honest, I think Schreck is a very flawed theorist.

He bangs on about the natural beast in man and human nature but forgets that it is in most humans' nature to feel empathy. It contrasts with his own psychopathic ideas but it's a natural fact.

Every time I've seen him interviewed along side Zeena, he hardly ever lets her answer a question uninterupted. She seldom finishes a sentence. It looks remarkably like good old fashioned Christian patriarchy. Doesn't quite believe the little lady has it in her to have an opinion.

how did you manage to misspell your screen name? or was that intentional?

wank

• Sail Hatin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 03:04:41 PM »
I was hoping this was going to be a Dethklok Metalocalypse thread. What's That Metal Show?

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 03:07:27 PM »
I was hoping this was going to be a Dethklok Metalocalypse thread. What's That Metal Show?

"That Metal Show" is on VH1. It covers hard rock and heavy metal and has a live studio audience; studio guests; and usually a musical guest (like Malmsteen on guitar).

Davenemoniada

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 03:31:39 PM »

I was tired and stressed.

We both seem to have gone off-topic I'm afraid. :)

DR_PAUL_666

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »

I was tired and stressed.

We both seem to have gone off-topic I'm afraid. :)

Darn.