Author Topic: talking to a preist about secular satanism  (Read 893 times)

thefrail

• View Profile
talking to a preist about secular satanism
« on: July 31, 2016, 04:13:32 AM »
hello this thread is to record and dissect the points a priest from a local church gives me while we discuss our about our religion opinions and such any thoughts and suggestions would be most appreciated.

7/26/16

he was rather confused by me saying I'm Satanist and atheist at the same time. I told him that it was for bringing attention to the causes of secularism Satanism. for the sake of argument I came up with the name active atheism but i rather like Satanist more but the question remains why do we call ourselves Satanists even thoe the majority of us here are atheist but it would like a better reason to call myself a Satanist then it's for attention. does any one have an answer for that?

anyway we talked of fun things like fear and the end of the world. I wanted to talk about how the end will not be bible relate because Jesus said that the end would happen during his disciples life mostly so I could can tell all of the end is nigh guys to stuff it. but then he tells me something rather depressing that he would just say sure the end is near to those that spout such non sense just for the sake of going on with his day. I guess that is a good way to just to humor the mad man but I think that the spread of fear is not something to ignore but that is my opinion. He also did say that he thinks we are living in the end times I cant tell if he was talking in the scene that we live every day because we don't know how long we will live philosophy or the waiting about until Jesus falls out of the clouds. if this is some kind of red flag that any further discussion with this man will be one side reason and one half religious brush off. If the latter please tell me how to count said brush offs please.

later we talked about his interpretation of a true god in his words were that if a god spread by fear and lies it is not the true god. This coming from the man preaching a religion of fear and lies that even he knows of. I ask him why keep these verses if they are false dangerous and vestigial. Then he tells me something I find odd he would keep the bible as a whole to show that the people of the past were not perfect. I don't know why but I do not find that a good answer maybe because it is common knowledge that no one is perfect even back then I don't see how no one is perfect translates to lets keep the parts were god tells people to kill each other and rape our virgins.

in closing i was invited back his Tuesday i will be sure to tell you his and my arguments
s

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: talking to a preist about secular satanism
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 06:29:39 AM »
Read this or maybe have him read it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan
I would say your an Atheist who follows the philosophy  of satanism. Then explain to him what Satanism is. Seems to work for me. My physics professor said satanism is the thinking mans religion. I always liked that.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

thefrail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:24:26 AM »
any other advice?

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:58:45 PM »
7/26/16
why do we call ourselves Satanists even though the majority of us here are atheist

The opposite of believing in god is not "believing" in Satan, the opposite is believing in one's self.  Your own will alone is your god. Satan comes from old words that mean adversary and acuser and what we are apposed to is that there is some special knowledge or salvation "out there" that only god has that we don't have access to.  We do have access to it.  It's in the mirror.  We have had it all along.  We don't need the church or god or Christ.  We have ourselves.  Satan also represents the carnal nature of reality.  This ability to be our own savior is in line with denying the supernatural claims made be theists. We are part of this carnal world and we don't need anything beyond it, and reject any claims with out any evidence.

Just remember that xtians are fully of logical fallacies.  When pressed they turn to faith and belief as examples of truth.  You can feel anything you want, think anything you want, but your thoughts and feelings do not effect or change objective reality.  I would strongly suggest not spending much time debating all the horrible things people have done in the name of god, verses in the bible, historical biblical inaccuracies, or those such things.  The big picture is, they have an absurd claim there is a sky-wizard, watching over us, and they have no evidence for it.  Zero.  Heaven and hell, also, zero evidence.

I look forward to see what came of your debate and conversation with this priest. I don't have such opportunities and wish I did, so count me as being jealous.
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 12:49:29 AM »
the question remains why do we call ourselves Satanists even thoe the majority of us here are atheist but it would like a better reason to call myself a Satanist then it's for attention. does any one have an answer for that?

The reason we call ourselves Satanists is because of the Satanic values we hold dear to us and because it's our cultural identity. Satanism is about the individual. Satan, for us, represents free will, rejection of authority and tyranny, personal sovereignty, free inquiry, and personal autonomy.

Lucien said it best:  "We are coming from a solid philosophy that we absolutely believe in and adhere to. This is Satanism, and to us it couldn’t be called anything other than Satanism."
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

thefrail

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »
Gooday to my fellow Satanists I have seen the father once more but due to a booking mistake we had less time to talk and for a reason I'll talk about later it's for the best that the visit as cut short.

today we talked about the usual stuff horrific bible verses that would be covered under his statement before about how the verses are there because man did not know any better and they are to be kept there because it shows man imperfection.

we talked about why the church is so extravagant. the priest tells me that the additions to the church the expansions to the building the statues the stained glass windows were from the donations of the people. I ask why the money spent on that stuff couldn't be spent on other causes. then he tells me that some the statues were gifts donated by the people so they can not be given back or sold and the expansions are there to hold the number of church goers' and to house there other activity's.

lastly i'm running out of things to say this man.so does any one else have any questions or arguments to bring to him.

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »
it's our cultural identity.

As a MUTT white guy I have often looked at other cultures and specifically people who are of one specific race/culture who are not mixed in anyway an thought how they feel about culture and identity.  These questions are driven with the introspection that I have often felt, for a long time, that Satanism and being satanic and taking on the title of "white devil" is my culture. I don't know my Russian relatives or speak the language but I do know the dark guy downstairs! And to that extent I feel I can relate to other people of the same ilk regardless of their country or back-round.
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.