Author Topic: Suggestions for the "SHOP SATAN" Site...  (Read 3540 times)

laughlibertine

• Drink coffee, listen to Bowie and Hail Satan!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for the "SHOP SATAN" Site...
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 11:30:30 PM »
Revolt of the Angels is a great suggestions, Ahto! I haven't read the other one you mentioned but I'll add it to my list.  :) And I agree that there are many more resources than just the La Veyan spin on Satanism. While the CoS books are written with a unique perspective, there are so many more possible avenues of influence and information.

If it was possible to find/make some pocket sized editions of various texts with different viewpoints such as Atheism, Satanism, Thelema, Luciferianism, Occultism and other forms of freethinking or even pamphlets about promoting science and rational critical thinking (evolution, for one), I think that would be ideal for a Lil' Satanic Library. Of course someone could tailor such a thing to their own interests. Add a little theistic Satanism to the mix and revel in the sweetness that is the diversity of possible perceptions ... whatever you like. You could certainly throw in some fictional literature or even just a list of influential novels or suggested musical selections. Toss in a few TST coloring books for the kids. Perhaps some postcards depicting Satanically themed artwork or an informative explanation of common symbols/archetypes and their histories. Offering information about the history of Satanic movements as well as instances of the persecution of individuals due to ideological/theological differences is also relevant.  If you're a creative type, make your own 'zine! Really, there is no limitation here.

Possible book suggestions.... (but by no means is this list complete or definitive so I don't want to get bitched at because I left something out....)

Satanism Today / James R. Lewis
The Satanic Bible / Anton La Vey
The Holy Books of Thelema / Aleister Crowley
The Portable Atheist / Christopher Hitchens
The Invention of Satanism / Asbjorn Dyrendal, James R. Lewis, and Jesper Aa. Petersen
Paradise Lost / Milton
Romantic Satanism: Myth and the Historical Moment in Blake, Shelley, and Byron / Peter A. Schock

Etc, etc, etc... other great authors such as Voltaire, Oscar Wilde and some of the numerous other Libertine and Romantic writers are also intriguing and worth exploring even if they are not specifically commenting about Satanism as a belief system. (Mind you, I don't advocate ALL their collective points of view, but in terms of exploring ideas of rebellion against an established religious majority, abandoning codes of conduct in favor of personal liberty and breaking away from predestination in favor of free will, there are many valuable insights to be gained.)

Also.... the art of Gustave Doré, Wiliam Blake, Caravaggio, Auguste Rodin, etc.

Get the kids interested with a little Black Metal or Occult Rock. Fuck, even David Bowie makes numerous occult references, especially to figures such as Aleister Crowley.

I think the only thing standing in the way is that a project like this could be somewhat costly if you bought thrift editions or made copies of selected excerpts. There is so much ground to cover in this subject that narrowing down a concrete "must have" list could also be nearly impossible.

Anyone have any more thoughts on this subject?

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 01:59:55 AM »
Cant forget Paradise Lost by Milton
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

41_6e_61

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 11:37:11 PM »
A bit of an off topic: For those who have read Paradise Lost, you might recognize some lyrics in this song and find it interesting. Cheers!

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Ideas! Baby onesies, please. Um, stationary, like office supplies. Sticky notes with a little baphomet in the corner. Pens. Back packs for sure. Watches with Baphomet on the face plate would be really cool. Long zip hoodies, closer to robes, would be awesome.

laughlibertine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »
Yes, we need pens! Quality ink pens!

And small cat/dog shirts... My kitty needs a t-shirt, she just doesn't know it yet. 🐱

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 06:19:30 PM »
Yes, we need pens! Quality ink pens!

And small cat/dog shirts... My kitty needs a t-shirt, she just doesn't know it yet. 🐱

http://www.cafepress.com/+satanic+pet-stuff
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

laughlibertine

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »
Hahahaha, of course Satanic pet fashions are on cafepress....

I was thinking of Zazzle-ing up something pretty for Halloween but I'm lazy... and poor.

Arcade Abdiel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 10:35:32 PM »
I started another thread on this exact topic - thanks to Lilith Sitara for pointing me here.

I know a few people who would love a long, black, hooded cloak. In some ways I'd love to have something personal to me for rituals or public appearances for Satanist activities (thinking David Suhor at the Pensacola City Council Meeting). I have considered commissioning a friend to make one for me but it would likely be cost prohibitive and take considerable time.

If ShopSatan could source quality cloaks I think they would sell well (appeals to me more than a hoodie) and it would be good to know some of the funds support TST activities and perhaps a business that supports our causes.

Also, on the topic of book lists - Sarah Townsend posted her Satanic reading list in the Official TST Facebook Forum:
https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/38ERPTZYR7QVE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_an_wl_o_2I9dybF6WS5R6

Ave!

Scarecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 11:22:15 PM »
I'll second the cloaks idea.
Screenprinted patches are also cool and I much prefer them to embroidered patches. TST sweatbands would also be cool. I wear sweatbands regularly and my current ones could use some replacing...

If the cloaks are made I'd love to see designs put on them with water-based screenprinting ink and have the cloaks made of 100% cotton and made in the USA.
I think it's in TST's best interest to switch to only organic materials and made in first world countries if they want their products to stand by their tenets.

Inorganic materials put microplastics into our water every time we wash them and having cheap "made in china/vietnam/etc" means the money is probably supporting some child labor sweatshop and neither of these things fall in line with the tenets. Yeah, the products would be more expensive, but they'd last way longer, be way more comfortable and it would really show dedication to the cause.

Behemoth

• Ave Satanas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 01:17:00 AM »
I bought my membership card and certificate a few months ago, i paid 3 times the price for my membership (with shipping and taxes it cost me 75$), now, don't get me wrong, every euro spent is a euro well spent but only if it would go to TST.

Also, taxes here are a pain in the a$$ ... especially items/packages coming from the US are always intercepted and we have to pay additional costs to release the package in order to get it delivered ...

Being from Europe, i'd actually love to see the possibility to have a reduced shipping cost when puchasing something from the shop or maybe, in time have a European TST shop/distribution point?

ajafa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 09:28:47 PM »
Suggestion - solid gold coins with TST logo.

Good talking piece - most people won't have held a solid gold coin before.
Creates a mental conflict between the logo (if seen as bad) and gold/money (generally held in high regard).

Artistically, maybe a fake well-worn look like it was discovered treasure.

Good for repeat sales - one can only use so many T shirts but no limit to repeat purchases of coins.

Great gift for grandkids :)

Proterra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 07:48:47 AM »
I bought my membership card and certificate a few months ago, i paid 3 times the price for my membership (with shipping and taxes it cost me 75$), now, don't get me wrong, every euro spent is a euro well spent but only if it would go to TST.

Also, taxes here are a pain in the a$$ ... especially items/packages coming from the US are always intercepted and we have to pay additional costs to release the package in order to get it delivered ...

Being from Europe, i'd actually love to see the possibility to have a reduced shipping cost when puchasing something from the shop or maybe, in time have a European TST shop/distribution point?

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been a member since June 2014, and haven't ordered anything yet because getting stuff to ship to Europe is a nightmare. And after the recent elections in the US (I basically told over half of my direct family who were Trumpbots to eat shit and die and never bother me again) I can't really explore that avenue either, to have it shipped through my dad or so.

I understand that for membership cards and certificates it's not that easy to get it from outside HQ, but these should be able to be sent in a regular brown envelope which seems to be personal correspondence to the outside world. But regular swag, isn't there a possibility to have one or more European chapters in charge of it, and come to a agreement how to split the finances? It shouldn't be that difficult to have the same designs printed here. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:51:47 AM by Proterra »

beatdaddio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 12:19:42 AM »
Slightly OT, but here is an item many of would love: http://shop.birdovprey.com/product/hystagram-pin
It has lovely TST-friendly imagery and supports a TST-worthy cause.  They plan to make a T shirt of the same image, but with more detail, to be offered soon.  I bought a bunch of the pins to give to friends.
Now more than ever.

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 06:59:58 PM »
I'd love it if they brought the Pendants back. I never got the chance to buy one
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Krumble

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »
I'm really on board with the sweatbands. I have this thing about my wrists where I have to have them covered. (Don't ask, we all have some weird quirks. That's what makes us interesting.) Watches and/or sweatbands would be huge for me.