Author Topic: Man sacrifices family dog to atone for daughter's "Satanic" t-shirt  (Read 1368 times)

RationalEccentric

• Ladies don't start fights, but we can finish them!
    • View Profile
    • Casey Pierce Fiction
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/05/dad-kills-family-dog-to-atone-for-daughters-satanic-t-shirt/?ref_widget=related&ref_blog=progressivesecularhumanist&ref_post=sandy-rios-fantasizes-about-hillary-clinton-being-a-lesbian

...wh-what?  I can't even... Why??  That poor animal...

And then he has the audacity to try to blame it on "marijuana."  Sorry, dude, but that excuse does NOT hold water.
"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right.' If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated." -Alinsky

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
This stuff makes me sick. Leave it to the religious to flip out and kill something or someone. Even worse an animal.  No animal ever deserves treatment like that, it is inexcusable. I would even go so far as to say Elephants are smarter than some people I know.  They deserve more rights.  Elephants voting in the elections in the USA might even be an upgrade.

I doubt the t-shirt was Satanic in anyway. I read a rumor it was an AC/DC shirt.  I would like to know what it was. 

Heck when I get really mad I just listen to music, take a drive or better yet take a nap. I am a firm believer in the power of "sleep it off". 

Satanism has always been a great vehicle to deal with strong thoughts and emotions.  That was Lavey's original ideas behind the Satanic Rituals was to rid the mind of them before they consume and become negative forces in our life. Thoughts and emotions aren't negative inherently but left unchecked can wreak havoc.
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
And then he has the audacity to try to blame it on "marijuana."  Sorry, dude, but that excuse does NOT hold water.

Extreme case of the munchies?

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: Man sacrifices family dog to atone for daughter's "Satanic" t-shirt
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:30:37 PM »
I think I missed that verse in the bible. Thou shalt kill a dog if one wareth a t shirt that offends god..
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Brego

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »
Okay sorry about rezzing maybe a dead thread (I've been gone for the summer working), but holy SHIT. I thought the New Testament got rid of sacrifices to God. That poor dog. But at least it was just the dog and not his 6 year old son. JFC

Beyond my sympathies for the dog, I really hope this insane man is getting the help he needs. This is legitimately a mental health issue, unlike a lot of other crimes simply blamed on mental health.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »
Ok, this really makes me want to cry, I don't even have the stomach to read the article sorry... This is so cruel and makes me so glad I left all this terrible dogma behind...