Author Topic: Satanic literature  (Read 939 times)

Saint Lucifer

Satanic literature
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:15:06 AM »
I'm sure most of us disagree with The Satanic Bible's "might is right" and social Darwinian attitude so I've been looking for Satanic literature that agrees more with our values. I know that there is a book called "The Happy Satanist: Finding Self-Empowerment" written by Lilith Starr who is a Chapter Head of the Satanic Temple in Seattle and a book called "The Satanic Narratives: A Modern Satanic Bible" that's written by Damien Ba’al, if I'm not mistaken endorses TST's secular humanist values. There is a free pdf you can download on his site you can find here: http://uaofsatan.org/black-book/ that's supposed to be a short collection of essays of United Aspects of Satan's philosophy. I haven't read it myself as I just recently discovered this but thought it would be interesting to share.

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
Re: Satanic literature
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »
I've read the Satanic Bible many times over. In and of itself I don't see a problem with it. After Having read some of the work I'm left a bit confused. 
For example:
"Leviathan: representing community for the creative freedom and betterment of every person." 

I always thought the mythological creature "Leviathan" was based on the Sumerian / Babylonian Tiamat - the one that comes from the watery abyss. The abyss metaphor is best represented by the subconscious and the things which we might not recognize about ourselves.

"Baphomet: representing the use of logic, reason, and empirical evidence to shape our morality"

The classic Baphomet's crown - the torch on its head is the aspect of knowledge and wisdom lights the path into and beyond of duality - it shows us who we really are.  The wings are complimented by the hoof, the animal with the parts of the human, the female breasts and the erect male phallus and pointing to the heavens and to the earth.  As above so below.  What on the surface appears to be separate in nature are actually of the same thing. While the idea of any "god" was always a condescending one claiming above humans the Baphoment is stating we are equal to any of the historical gods.  They are not above us in anyway.  Their knowledge is not secret. We as the human animal have the capacity for such knowledge and a right to it. 

I don't have time to go over the other aspects though I have more of a classical approach to them.  One point where I firmly agree is that Satanism is an Atheistic Religion. Purely Carnal. 

I'm currently reading the reset of his essay and will post back after I have completed it. 
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »
Update 6/12/16

To start off with I would like to state that what the author has done by starting his own movement, writing a book, advancing Satanism, publishing articles relieves no less than my full Satanic praise and support. 

With that being said: 

The author spends quite a bit of time and dedicates large percentage of his work to how much he doesn't like certain aspects of the Satanic Bible and the Church of Satan.  Satanically speaking, I don't see the point. If you don't like something why spend your time talking about what you are opposed to when you could be doing something constructive about stating what it is you are trying to promote.  I think he, as with many of us, have met the "dogmatic" type of fundamentalist LaVey COS member.  Where Lavey is god any anything other than the Satanic Bible is heresy.  There are jerks everywhere.  It seems that specific type of jerk was a main motivation for his work. I don't see how bashing another Satanic organization is productive.  The COS and other Left hand path followers aren't 1) stopping Gay Marriage, 2) Shooting up abortion clinics, 3) stopping physician assisted suicide or any other prominent social issue 4) fighting against transgender issues. 

By nature us Satanic individuals are fiercely independent.  I know its hard for us to work together and find common ground.  My hope is to look forwards to a future where Satanic groups can set aside differences and see common ground and at least work side by side if not together. 
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

Clementine

• Coo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »
The classic Baphomet's crown - the torch on its head is the aspect of knowledge and wisdom lights the path into and beyond of duality - it shows us who we really are.  The wings are complimented by the hoof, the animal with the parts of the human, the female breasts and the erect male phallus and pointing to the heavens and to the earth.  As above so below.  What on the surface appears to be separate in nature are actually of the same thing. While the idea of any "god" was always a condescending one claiming above humans the Baphoment is stating we are equal to any of the historical gods.  They are not above us in anyway.  Their knowledge is not secret. We as the human animal have the capacity for such knowledge and a right to it. 

That's really interesting! I didn't know there was so much subtle symbolism conveyed through Baphomet's appearance. I also had no idea that it has breasts!
Strong atheist, weak negative utilitarian, feminist/MRA/egalitarian, anti-speciesist... My motto is "Be kind, open-minded and rational."