Author Topic: I want to tell my parents but don't how  (Read 830 times)

blade

• View Profile
I want to tell my parents but don't how
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:14:02 PM »
I have only want to become a satanist this last year almost. I have been tying to learn every thing I can. I have gotten this crazy idea that I should open out about it but I have no idea on how I should or if i should now or what. 

(if there is any information or book or anything to learn more about satanism that would be cool too)

LucasPhoenix

• Helel Ben-Shachar
    • View Profile
Re: I want to tell my parents but don't how
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »
Do you live at home in the USA? I won't speak about other countries because I didn't grow up there. Not being theist / xtian in some parts (a lot) of the USA still has consequences.  The main question is what is at stake.  Will you still have a place to live? Can you provide for yourself? If you already live on your own then by all means say what you will.   If you haven't read the Satanic Bible, do so.  Also don't forget the aspects of lesser magic.  I have people in my life that Believe im gnostic (not true)/ atheist (true) / Buddhist (not anymore) and i use that to my advantage at all times.  What would being that open achieve? well to be honest in my own case not much.  Especially with my overtly zealous xtian father.  He is kind spoken and nice but sure believes all that fire and brimstone stuff.  If you don't love jesus you are going to hell.  Stockholm Syndrome anyone?  Telling him wouldn't achieve anything.  Make of it what you will.  Welcome to the light.
Forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.

x

• Cogito ergo yum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »
i would recommend waiting. you've only had interest for a year, so you're quite new to this. you didn't mention if you had informed your parents that you were a non-believer, but i'm assuming that you have not done so in the past. start out slow; donning the title of a satanist comes with more consequences than that of an atheist (though we're the same thing). when you have more experience with the satanic community, and if when you know your familly will be accepting of your announcement or not, only will you know how to tell them.

as for the satanic bible; it's an interesting book if only for learning about a randian form of satanism, but i'd leave it and its stage magic behind. since this is a satanic temple forum, the TST website has more information as well as a canon. understanding the literary satan in "paradise lost" and "the revolt of angels" will give you a better understanding of what we're about.

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:26:28 AM »
I have only want to become a satanist this last year almost. I have been tying to learn every thing I can. I have gotten this crazy idea that I should open out about it but I have no idea on how I should or if i should now or what. 

(if there is any information or book or anything to learn more about satanism that would be cool too)

I would take the religion out for a test drive first. Make sure it's what you feel you are. Only then would I think of telling your family. And then I would only tell them if you think they can handle it. My mom and dad both know I am a Atheist. I never bothered telling them I was a Satanist. I never seen the reason. My dad wouldn't care. My mom wouldn't understand. And now she wouldn't even remember lol.
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .