Author Topic: New chapter  (Read 694 times)

sigma

• View Profile
New chapter
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »
Hi! As I understand it, there are currently no new chapters opening up (why I don't know). However, since there are few chapters based in Europe, I propose the opening of a Scandinavian chapter. I as a Swede understand there are not many of us in individual countries in Scandinavia, but if we merge the Finland chapter into this new one, I think the numbers could add up. Alternatively, we could form a chapter with all Nordic countries, which would add Iceland. Any Swedes, Fins, Danes, Norwegians or Icelandics here who would be even remotely interested in this?

Sebastian

• View Profile
Re: New chapter
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »
My understanding is that new chapter formation was on hold for a bit until the necessary structure was in place to handle communication with chapters, approval of chapters, and approval of proposed TST-affiliated events conducted by chapters; the organization was simply growing too quickly to be entirely managed by Executive Ministry while also staying engaged in national campaigns. With a National Council in place, some of that structure is in place, but it is still new so I can't speak to whether generally they are entertaining solicitations to form new chapters (I'm not on the council, nor can I speak on their behalf); best to contact them or email TST through the website. Sometimes it can take a while to hear back, but I've always had my emails answered eventually.