Author Topic: assuming there are nirvana fans here...  (Read 835 times)

samowens84

• View Profile
assuming there are nirvana fans here...
« on: March 12, 2016, 01:37:20 PM »
Was just curious if anybody saw the documentary soaked in bleach, and if anyone had any thoughts on Kurt Cobains death.

The Yattering

• Everything is bent, vyeiernght. - The Yattering
    • View Profile
    • www.thesatanictemple.com
Re: assuming there are nirvana fans here...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »
Nirvana is just great music.  Poor Kurt.  Great poet and performer.  I just think the guy felt so much and deeply about himself and the world, only could cope with drugs, and that was a depressingly toxic mix.  Some say Courtney did it or hired a hit.  I don't think so.  It's likely she aggravated the depression and suicide.  But, Kurt killed himself.  Starry, starry night.
Everything is bent, vyeiernght.  - The Yattering

samowens84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »
Nirvana is just great music.  Poor Kurt.  Great poet and performer.  I just think the guy felt so much and deeply about himself and the world, only could cope with drugs, and that was a depressingly toxic mix.  Some say Courtney did it or hired a hit.  I don't think so.  It's likely she aggravated the depression and suicide.  But, Kurt killed himself.  Starry, starry night.

I used to think along those lines until I saw the documentary. I don't think it proves she did it, but it definitely throws the suicide theory in doubt. Also, the Seattle police did a possibility poor job of investigating, and while I know the documentary doesn't prove she did it, she did lie a lot and to me looks like a psychopath who is at least capable of it with a multimillion dollar motive because they were getting divorced and they had a prenuptial where she would get nearly nothing. I'm not drawing any conclusions, but it does seem a bit sketchy to say the least.

The Yattering

• Everything is bent, vyeiernght. - The Yattering
    • View Profile
    • www.thesatanictemple.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »
Hey, she was in Sid and Nancy ;)

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

::mystery show horn stab::

...and I just realized that Sid was played by Gary Oldman, I never knew that until now.  Wow.  That man can play anyone and you totally forget.  Great actor.

"Sid Vicious was innoceeeeeeent!"  - Exploited
Everything is bent, vyeiernght.  - The Yattering

Lilli Sturmreiter

• never knows best
    • View Profile
    • The Rider of Storms - a tumblr blog
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
I haven't seen the doc, but have been a fan of the music for years.

I particularly respect that smells like teen spirit has an aristotelian analogy in the chorus:

A mulatto:An albino::A mosquito:My libido

it's absolutely brilliant.
even if I'm like this, I'm still the butler of death! ~Grell Sutcliff

TheBlackSheep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 02:39:46 AM »
Absolutely love Nirvana. Kurt Cobain is my musical idol. I haven't seen the movie but I've been meaning get to. I think both possibilities regarding his death are very possible but personally, I think it was suicide
"It is better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"