Author Topic: A Christian's Protest: Seattle TST counters proselytizing with fliers  (Read 781 times)

xenubarb

• (aka B.L. Zebarb)
    • View Profile
So in Seattle, there's this Christian group out bothering people every weekend. They hang around the mass transit centers, where travelers can't avoid them.
TST Seattle is planning to counter them with a counter-outreach:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/03/02/to-counter-christians-satanists-will-hand-out-literature-at-a-seattle-transit-station-next-week/

Of course, with Disqus you get to comment on all kinds of topics, and debate with other posters. I found this Christian's whiny "leave the Christians aloooone" plea kind of ironic.

Don't hassle people who are just trying to get through their day unmolested.

Said the Christian whose people are out every weekend molestering passersby...

The Yattering

• Everything is bent, vyeiernght. - The Yattering
    • View Profile
    • www.thesatanictemple.com
Re: A Christian's Protest: Seattle TST counters proselytizing with fliers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:59:51 PM »
Yeah we have that CRAP here in NYC, all forcing shit in the Subway and when people get off the trains.  Fuck them.

Good to see Satanists are out doing shit too.
Everything is bent, vyeiernght.  - The Yattering

Sebastian

• View Profile
It'd be nice to have a dropbox or some repository for such materials to hand out so that other chapters could have access to them. We have two groups that like to pass out materials downtown on Friday nights. Sometimes they yell at the people going into the bars about how they're going to hell. Typically when they hand me some material, I politely take it, then I hand it off to one of the guys (they are always men) from the other group when he offers me a tract. It'd be nice to have a TST-approved document to hand them--something that looks innocent enough on the cover but is unabashedly Satanic on the inside; a little surprise, if you will.

Lilith Sitara

• ♀Ave Satana♂
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:56:08 PM »
I love that idea. My town is a Mormon central, lovely people but really it gets annoying how many little mormonites they send out all the time, like TST should make a little plaque you can hang outside your door so they won't bother trying to save your soul when they already know it's spoken for lol

longtail

• Hail Lucifer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »
   Been thinking a lovely statue of Eliphas Levi's Seated Baphomet would look quite at home in the garden by the front door. The seventh day adventists have given up on this household, I believe, after being politely and civilly informed of our lack of interest in what they were selling. I like the idea of a little plaque; if tastefully rendered, that could be a nice way to discourage the door to door people, if you don't like confusing them. ( My experience has been that if you actually have a good talk with them, they get confused, and have to seek reprogramming from an elder)
Joyfully, Non Serviam